Author Topic: kickstarter dtcg  (Read 4395 times)

Offline mace

• View Profile
kickstarter dtcg
« on: May 09, 2013, 03:46:50 AM »
Another dtc on kickstarter game brough some real interesting ideas to the table. Figure we all here love dtcg's

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
Re: kickstarter dtcg
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 04:26:25 AM »
Gonna be interesting how they are doing stuff. The achievement for art and foil sounds interesting. Not sure how practical.
Breakdown between PVE and PVP is definitely interesting.

Offline Calamity

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 05:12:51 AM »
Definitely very interesting. Its a certainly a game that can attract both TCG players and appeal itself to MMORPG players as well.
Just a poor asian college student in the middle of an island in the pacific living of Cup Noodle and Spam.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 05:17:26 AM »
IM THROWING MONEY AT MY SCREEN BUT ITS JUST BOUNCING OFF!!! WHATDOIDOWHATDOIDO???

I can safely say that one day my lovely face will be in two digital TCGs :-)

When it kicks off, I will be starting an Infinity Wars guild, if ya'll wanna join me :-)  (You'll level up faster too!)
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline Calamity

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 06:14:30 AM »
IM THROWING MONEY AT MY SCREEN BUT ITS JUST BOUNCING OFF!!! WHATDOIDOWHATDOIDO???

lol, another Digital TCG for you to lend your sword, axe, wallet and time to. But yea, seem like a great digital TCG, would love to play it when it kick off (alongside IW) and join your future Guild WWknight.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:10:41 AM by Calamity »
Just a poor asian college student in the middle of an island in the pacific living of Cup Noodle and Spam.

Offline mace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 06:33:41 AM »
I'll join the guild to with killer bunnies!!:D

Offline Third

• I like YOBO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 06:39:03 AM »
Seems like I have to be the first to say.. I don't get it :-\

It didn't wow me at all.

(also, seems like everyone and his mother's TCG has to have cards that level up these days) :)

Offline Victorii

• Victorii is sweetest when you’ve known defeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 08:51:15 AM »
Seems like I have to be the first to say.. I don't get it :-\

It didn't wow me at all.

(also, seems like everyone and his mother's TCG has to have cards that level up these days) :)

I agree, although it has some nice gfx and probably some great features, the game bored me to death.
I couldnt even finish the 16 min. gameplay video. The game took already too much time for me.
I love IW for it's fast paced gameplay (for a card game).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 08:54:24 AM by Victorii »

Offline Coolcor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 08:58:08 AM »
The basic gameplay rules for combat and resource cards look very similar to magic although the cards can be different to take advantage of being digital only. Slotted cards and PvE exclusive stuff look cool I wonder if infinity wars can do something similar in the future.

But what I want to know is why are there so many big dtcg coming out this year for pc around the same time after nothing last year except the yearly DotP? (scrolls, heartstone, solforge, IW, duels of champions getting unregion locked for America and now this mmodtcg) Did they all start production at around the same time for some reason? Are there even more unannounced ones in the works for next year?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 09:00:21 AM by Coolcor »

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 10:19:46 AM »
As far as gameplay, it seems to be EXACTLY like magic.  Thats a plus and a minus in my books.  I realyl enjoyed magic, I stopped playing because I had no-one to play with.  Id liek for a new game to be new, but if I have to revisit an old game, I would be happy to do so with Magic with a different skin.  IW kicks ass with its simultaneous turns and initative system.

The cards dont level up, they gain experience and once they "level up" they "evolve" into full art cards.  They dont get any more powerful or anything stupid like that.

If you want the stupid stuff, you need to go raiding and get equipment.  Then depending on the equipment you have and the cards you use, you can turn cards ridiculously powerful.  It has a PvE game, so its not just grinding games out against people.

Of course, the PvP aspect wouldnt be fun if your opponent just has these stupid powerful equipment, so no equipment is allowed in PvP.

I like the blend of the TCG and the MMO, which will give me somethign to do rather than the same thing over and over, which I am really starting to feel with IW atm.
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline Jade

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 11:23:32 AM »
Shiny, but I'm liking IW's strategy way better, plus missing simultaneous play just watching that gameplay video.  Such a clunky system for a dcg, far too many opportunities for opponent to lag.

I do like the bunnies, though.

Offline Third

• I like YOBO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 01:18:43 PM »
WWKnight, I suggest you take a second look at the kickstarter page :) they do indeed have cards that level up..

Offline grahaminator

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 04:45:29 PM »
I used to be a big WoW player, but quit during Burning Crusade. I had over a year of in game play time when I quit. Looking back I had fun but really it was a year of my life wasted. I just cant get behind MMO mechanics that really reward time over skill. Yeah pvp does require skill there are times when group composition and gear are more important than anything else. PvE is straightforward and offers no challenge as long as you arent brain dead and raids are all remembering what to do in scripted battles. You run a dungeon enough times and you will the gear / reputation you are seeking.

As I've got older (in my early 30s now) I've come to value my time more and would rather just pay for stuff outright than have to earn through hours and hours of grinding. My friends are gamers and all ex-Magic players and all feel the same way. Most don't even want to deal with the hassle of opening packs so they only play LCG format games where you get everything and just buy full expansions. I actually feel this way as well and have only bought packs for 2 games in the last 15 years: Infinity Wars because there was no other choice and the game is awesome =D and Cabals which started the pack model in December (previously you could buy singles in the ingame card store). I guess that MMO grinding mechanic isn't bad if you have tons of free time or don't work but PvE to obtain gems and equipment seems ridiculous to me.

The game looks great and has some interesting cards but 2 things really turn me off. 1). You have to level cards to make them better...individual cards actually gain experience. This mean you will pretty much have to only play this game if you want the best cards...that is unless you are playing multiple games in different windows. 2). There is a lot that you have to unlock through PvE play. PvE only unlocks and unique cards that can only be obtained from Kickstarter are terrible imo since they give advantages to certain people. I've seen some games where special cards obtained through funding goals / pledges like that go for hundreds of dollars, again tell me how that's fair to someone who joins a year later.

The only way this looks better than a regular MMO at this time is because it doesn't appear that your "gear" will all get outdated because of an expansion release unless they are playing in very limited formats where the cards rotate out. If that happens then this game will have basically the worst of both worlds of MMOs and CCGs. That all being said, I hope it does well. Just dosen't look like the game for me.

Speaking of Kickstarter card games, yesterday I pledged $35 for the Coup Kickstarter which only has like 30 hours left. Here is a review from my favorite youtube board game reviewer, Undead Viking.

Offline moominpeter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 04:53:57 PM »
Grahaminator expresses how I feel about MMOs as well. To each their own, but I'm sticking to TCGs that don't ask me to spend my days in endless grinding. Right now there are more than enough of those coming out to keep me occupied.

Offline heatzz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 05:06:25 PM »
From what I read, the leveling of the card only unlocks it to a foil/alter art version of that card and no extra advantage.

Ya the Kickstart Exclusive PvE card might be advantage to those people that pledge.