Author Topic: Infinity Wars Rulebook v0.91  (Read 31992 times)

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity Wars Rulebook v0.88 (UPDATED)
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 10:13:08 PM »
Consume needs to be added to this
Consume is in Testing and still could be changed, lets wait till it gets released :)

Offline ikari

• View Profile
Re: Infinity Wars Rulebook v0.90
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 08:27:32 AM »
Ju-Lin, who Rewrites History

is besides Shrine to the Heavons a way to win the game.
Yobo is modeled after me.

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 12:22:45 PM »
Ju-Lin, who Rewrites History

is besides Shrine to the Heavons a way to win the game.
Fulfilling the requirements of a card that allows you to win - Any card that has requirements for victory or a loss can be used to win (or lose) the game. When the card's requirements are fulfilled, then the game can end in this way. Currently, the only card that allows you to instantly win would be Shrine of Victory. There are currently no cards that designate a player to instantly lose (Although winning will result in an opponents' loss).

The game checks for a win or loss at the end of the turn. If one player wins and doesn't lose in the same turn, then they get a victory screen and the opponent gets a defeat screen. If both players win or both players lose then the game ends in a draw. If a player wins AND they lose, the game ends in a draw. For example, a player's health could be reduced to 0 in combat on the same turn they've achieved 100% their Shrine of Victory.
Hm, I forgot that even though this double paragraph was supposed to cover any other card that allows you to win, I did need to modify the portion that said "the only card that allows you to instantly win would be" part lol.

Also added the "Corruption Debuffs" to the ability list. As well as the change of Immolation to 5 from 3.
Sinister Corruption (Debuff) - This character causes their owner to lose 5 morale per turn.
Demonic Corruption (Debuff) - This character's stats are modified +2/-1 each turn.
Undead Corruption (Debuff) - The control of this character will transfer upon death.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:31:42 PM by Zinqf »
Fact - 42.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Viquel

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 07:34:50 AM »
The values are before the doubling, I guess? Demonic Corruption is 4/-2, pretty sure about that one.

" At this moment there are two characters that can inflict immolation. " - Nope, there are new Immolation - cards - mega unit 2 is a freakin' robot with a flamethrower; also I'm pretty sure that a transformed firestarter also has immolation. TBH I think I wouldn't see a transformed coyle even if he would instantly win you the game :(

Tournament-mode needs updating, we can now properly see core vs rise and the list of 0.88 is a bit useless :>

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 07:59:05 AM »
The values are before the doubling, I guess? Demonic Corruption is 4/-2, pretty sure about that one.

" At this moment there are two characters that can inflict immolation. " - Nope, there are new Immolation - cards - mega unit 2 is a freakin' robot with a flamethrower; also I'm pretty sure that a transformed firestarter also has immolation. TBH I think I wouldn't see a transformed coyle even if he would instantly win you the game :(

Tournament-mode needs updating, we can now properly see core vs rise and the list of 0.88 is a bit useless :>

It needs updating, the problem is that it is not updated on live yet. So it still is using the 0.88 list.

As for updated RISE card additions, its not easy to keep track of the stats and qualities of every single card in every single way in every single thread.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out reading every word and value to improve the accuracy of the rulebook.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:47:08 AM by Zinqf »

Viquel

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 08:43:37 AM »
I hope you don't mind me listing errors, lately people assume I'm always hostile for some reason :/

"Decking-Out" also has a Soft-Loss mechanic that will cause 10 morale damage to the player each turn. <-- has this been confirmed? IMHO should have doubled, but idk if it stayed or which is intended
When you have no cards left in your deck to draw from, you will take 10 morale damage a turn until you lose. <-- same

The player will then lose morale equal to the card's resource cost (Unless a card says otherwise, like Beast of Burden). <-- nope

The morale cost of a token varies per character and can be checked by looking at the resource cost on the token card in play. <-- not actually sure about tokens, but I think they have proper morale display

(Ex. Glorious Warrior reduces the opponent's morale by 2 at the end of turn if they are on the battlefield.) <-- 4 morale

There are currently no Unlimited or Initiative Speed Abilities right now. <-- I'm not sure what "Initiative Speed Abilities" refer to? If it's not covered by preemptive and thus invalidated, would you elaborate this a bit?

pre-emptive vs. preemptive <-- you use both, settle for one :P

there is an additional lose-the-game condition: timing out three times in a row. Not sure if that's worth mentioning?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:48:56 AM by Viquel »

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 08:50:15 AM »
"Decking-Out" also has a Soft-Loss mechanic that will cause 10 morale damage to the player each turn. <-- has this been confirmed? IMHO should have doubled, but idk if it stayed or which is intended
When you have no cards left in your deck to draw from, you will take 10 morale damage a turn until you lose. <-- same
Still 10, still accurate.
There are currently no Unlimited or Initiative Speed Abilities right now. <-- I'm not sure what "Initiative Speed Abilities" refer to? If it's not covered by preemptive and thus invalidated, would you elaborate this a bit?
That one was an interesting anomaly as I made that text before talk of pre-emptive even came into testing.
Lol. No. Deal with it xD.
I hope you don't mind me listing errors, lately people assume I'm always hostile for some reason :/
No, seriously...I welcome it. My rulebook has needed a good proofreading to the latest updates. It's like 35,000 characters xD.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:57:00 AM by Zinqf »

Viquel

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 09:01:10 AM »
there is an additional lose-the-game condition: timing out three times in a row. Not sure if that's worth mentioning?

Lol. No. Deal with it xD.
you working on replacing yobo :P

That reminds me - mention not liking Yobo as a rule. We just don't like him and if you like him, a pathetic little imp will tear apart your metal armor and do things to your guts. Things you won't enjoy, unless you prefer a certain alternative "life" style. "Life" as in being dead.

also add your gloassary to the section you prepared ;) http://lightmare.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=14563.0
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:23:47 AM by Viquel »

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 10:39:22 AM »
you working on replacing yobo :P
Not sure what that is supposed to mean.
I'd do it if it weren't a bug and kicking the person who DIDN'T time out. When that is fixed, I'll probably add it.
That reminds me - mention not liking Yobo as a rule. We just don't like him and if you like him, a pathetic little imp will tear apart your metal armor and do things to your guts. Things you won't enjoy, unless you prefer a certain alternative "life" style. "Life" as in being dead.
Cool story bro. RIP WWK.
also add your gloassary to the section you prepared ;)
I don't have one of those. Hold on a sec...
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gloassary
Good ole' LMGTFY. I'll add a link to the Glossary. And if you are looking through the glossary that must have meant you ran out of things in the rulebook  ;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:41:41 AM by Zinqf »

Viquel

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 11:04:58 AM »

I'd do it if it weren't a bug and kicking the person who DIDN'T time out. When that is fixed, I'll probably add it.

:o If you need me - brb in 10 mins :P

realy? aded caracters anoy u? mising ones to?How about grammar, that annoing too? I should stop, or it starts sticking. That's how Demon of Gluttony got his look. That and lots of tasty Aspirants. (You just can't stop after a couple, you need to eat the whole pack - or as long as your hand doesn't get stuck in the stupid child-sized tube)

Offline Hitori

• #YoboSwag
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 01:45:52 PM »
Good job you two.
Working on my own contribution to the fur-rooms.
I conceive that a great part of the miseries of mankind are brought upon them by false estimates they have made of the value of things.

Offline Cyno

• View Profile
Re: Infinity Wars Rulebook v0.91
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 02:26:42 AM »
Is it just me, or is the rulebook missing a page where it actually explains what combat is? ;)

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity Wars Rulebook v0.91
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2014, 11:53:11 AM »
It could stand an update, at the very least in regards to the tournament non-legal cards.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.