Author Topic: [CDC] Fortified Land [Closed]  (Read 146 times)

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
[CDC] Fortified Land [Closed]
« on: November 03, 2018, 09:39:39 AM »
Make a location that synergies somehow with artifacts.
It may be special perk/ability that is enabled while you control certain number of artifacts or just you need to destroy any artifact you have deployed in order to activate.

--- Card Design Challenge Rules ---
1) The Judge appoints a challenge, it can be anything, making new card, redesigning an old one or whatever you wish.
2) All that wish to participate submit their card design. Each participant may only submit one entry per challenge, you may however edit your post as many times as you wish till the deadline.
3) After an announced deadline the Judge decides a winner. The winner then becomes the Judge for the next round, if the winner does not wish to host the next round a runner-up may do so instead.
4) All entries submitted before the deadline are guaranteed feedback, either in this thread or in another detailed feedback thread.

PRIZES
1st place: 3 alt art packs and 3 collection penta packs
2nd place: 2 alt art packs and 2 collection penta packs
3rd place: 1 alt art pack and 1 collection penta pack
All participants who submit an entry will receive a collection penta pack

SUGGESTED SUBMISSION FORMAT
Name:
Faction/Purity:
Type:
Rarity:
Cost:
Morale:
Attack/Health:
Rules Text:
Flavor Text:

Challenge Deadline: 16th November
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:57:37 AM by NTL »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] Fortified Land
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 09:51:41 AM »
Archeologist's Obsession
1p Exiles + 1p GI
3 cost
Unique Mission- Artificial

Mission: Whenever you deploy a Demon or Artificial card from anywhere, at the end of the turn, draw 3 cards, then discard all non-Artifact cards drawn this way.

Completion 5: Transform into a Temple of the Inspired

"dig! DIG! I can smell it! It's so close! I think...?"
---

Temple of the Inspired deals 5 damage to up to 3 targets. So you cannot choose the same target more than once, each target takes maximum 5 damage each time this triggers. Targets can be characters on the battlefield or your opponents fortress.

You can return artifacts to their owner's hand to counter their activations.

The mission completion only ticks maximum once per turn
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 01:58:51 PM by Hiding »

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 11:52:28 AM »
Cultural Artifact Center
Factionless - Uncommon
4 cost
While in play a new Artifact Center Zone is added that you can move artifacts to and from.

On the turn Cultural Artifact Center is played all artifacts in the Artifact Center Zone have untouchable.

Any subsequent turn when Artifacts are targeted the player targeting the card has to select between Support or Artifact Center Zone and if the Artifact is not in the selected Zone, the Artifact is unaffected by the targeted effect.

At the end of the turn gain X morale where X is the number of Artifacts in the Artifact Center Zone.

When the Artifact Center Zone is removed from the game all Artifacts in the Zone are moved to the Support Zone.

As it is worded "While in play a new Artifact Center Zone is added", if the card is destroyed or the text of the card is removed from it then the Artifact Center Zone gets removed from the game.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 06:10:37 PM by Number11 »

Offline NTL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 02:12:41 PM »

In my humble opinion, there is no need for new zone: if the point of it is just protection of artifacts - make all artifacts untouchable while this location is in play (just example, but that way you avoid long text which is consequence of adding new zone and explaining effects connected).
Another thing: I feel there is no need to decrease potential morale gain - it would be already small and with little impact even without dividing by 2.

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 05:55:38 PM »
In my humble opinion, there is no need for new zone: if the point of it is just protection of artifacts - make all artifacts untouchable while this location is in play (just example, but that way you avoid long text which is consequence of adding new zone and explaining effects connected).
Another thing: I feel there is no need to decrease potential morale gain - it would be already small and with little impact even without dividing by 2.

I will just remove the dividing. As for the new zone, there is a big difference between the zone and giving it untouchable. It may be the same for the first turn, but as for the subsequent turns it becomes a mind game like with death ray where you have to predict the opponent on whether he will put the character on the battlefield or in the support zone.

So for the following turns it is still possible to land artifact removal if you can predict the zone that the other player will put it in. Also as the Artifact Center Zone gives additional benefit from placing artifacts in the zone, there will be more bias for placing the artifacts there. The player will need to make the deliberate decision to place it in the support zone to avoid removal and that will give rise to interesting mind games.

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 06:08:10 PM »
Reworded some things on my card so that it is more clear that you can move artifacts to the new zone the turn the location is played in order to get untouchable for that turn.

Offline NTL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 07:56:06 AM »
Hiding

Number11

The winners