Author Topic: [CDC] Active in the background (CLOSED)  (Read 186 times)

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
[CDC] Active in the background (CLOSED)
« on: August 22, 2018, 09:07:16 AM »
Design a card that has effects that work or can be activated while it is in the deck.

Pretty much every cards effect works in deployed zones, maybe graveyard like recurring nightmare, but I can't really think of anything that works while in the deck, sure some cards have effects that react to stuff regardless of zone, like phase bot being removed from the game, but I'm pretty sure if you removed a phase bot from the deck it wouldn't shuffle a new copy into the deck it would just be removed, like if you removed it from the graveyard.(unless they changed that)

Could be something simple, like it gets +1/+1 every turn its in the deck, or if its in the deck for more than X turns something happens, could be something like bomb-bot where you get a prompt to activate an ability each turn its in the deck.

Deadline in 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 10:20:51 AM by NatoPotato »

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] Active in the background
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 12:32:51 PM »
Winged Dragoon
Purity: 1DoD/1FD
Cost: 3
Morale: 8
Type: Character - Human
Rarity: Rare
Stats: 8/4

Charge

At the beginning of combat phase, if your opponent has at least 3 more characters in his assault zone than you have in your defence zone, your assault zone is empty and Winged Dragoon is still in your deck, deploy him.
If he was deployed that way, he is removed from the game at the end of the turn.

When Winged Dragoon deals damage to the enemy fortress, deal 4 damage to all characters in the enemy assault zone.

"And then the Winged Dragoons arrived!" Descendants Saying for a disaster avoided in the last minute.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 12:34:47 PM by ToxicShadow »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 05:24:19 PM »
---
Glimmersteel Chancellor
2p Verore
4 cost
10 morale
Unique Character- Artificial Undead

Grimtouch (Whenever this card deals damage to a character, that character dies.)

Pay 2, exhaust: Shuffle an Insidious Weaponry into your deck. This may only be used if Glimmersteel Chancellor is deployed.

5/10
---

Insidious Weaponry is telegraphed because when you draw it, your characters get -1/-1 as they are no longer being buffed by it.

Wanted to make a card that provided a constant passive buff but having something like that from beginning of game is kinda op
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 03:15:49 AM by Hiding »

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 05:54:01 AM »
Name: Larry
Faction/Purity: Factionless
Type: Hunnam unique
Rarity: Common
Cost: 1
Morale: 10
Attack/Health:1/1
Rules Text:Larry can not be a commander. Only one copy of Larry can be in each deck. If you draw Larry after he spent 40 turns in the deck you win the game.

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 10:12:05 PM »
The Devil Inside my Soul
1p Verore or 1p Exiles
0 cost
0 morale
Morale/Attack/Health:6/6/6
Unique Character - Demon Spirit
Epic

As long as The Devil inside my Soul is at your deck, all options at the trading post costs 1 less.

The Devil inside my Soul cannot be chosen as a commander.

You may not have more than 1 copy of The Devil inside my Soul in your deck.

The Devil inside my Soul cost is always equal to your maximum resources.

If The Devil inside my Soul is in your hand, he automatically plays himself if possible. He doesn't ask for your permission.

When The Devil inside my Soul enters the deployed area, he manifests as the Reptilian Archon, and you loses 6 morale.

----

-> As long as this Demon Spirit stays "inside your soul" (deck), you can take some advantages from him, but he is in fact waiting to manifest and take its "toll". "Who is manipulating who?", you may ask.

He's a creature that came from the deep, and have been deceiving uncountable souls since ancient times.

As an act of supreme willpower, when the Reptilian Archon finally manifestes at the 'physical reality', you can sent him back to where he came from, and this is represented at the turn you 'lost' by activating his "ability". But, as long he is 'manifested', he'll steal the power of the living to feed his hunger.

Crazy, ok. Idk myself what to think about it... but, funny card with infiltration, Lingbao Will, Humble, Defiance... Or to use with a deck with much more than 40 cards or a 'combo' deck that need certains cards... If the opponent uses Acquire you simply laught.... well, I will think about it, but despite being a complex card, it seens funny the advantage/disadvantages of it  ;D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 05:55:40 PM by Klassick »

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 08:03:51 PM »
Name: Heart of Apophis
Faction/Purity: 3 Exiles
Type: Unique Artifact
Rarity: Epic
Cost: 5
Rules Text: Exile 5

While Heart of Apophis is in your deck, all cards with Exile are shuffled back into your deck after 3 consecutive turns in your Graveyard.
If Heart of Apophis is deployed, you can play cards with Exile from your Graveyard for their Exile cost, ability cards played that way are removed from the game.

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 10:41:49 AM »
ToxicShadow

Hiding

mew28

Klassick

NTL

Results: