Author Topic: [CDC] The Key to Success [Closed]  (Read 204 times)

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
[CDC] The Key to Success [Closed]
« on: June 30, 2018, 01:58:34 PM »
Greetings, fellow CDC Veterans (and newcomers, should any show up!)

This is the next challenge:
Design a card built around a new keyword!

Every purity and every type of card is fair game. You can make keywords exclusive for artifacts, missions and so on if you want to, or a keyword that could potentially be printed on any type of card. It is all up to you.

--- Card Design Challenge Rules ---
1) The Judge appoints a challenge, it can be anything, making new card, redesigning an old one or whatever you wish.
2) All that wish to participate submit their card design. Each participant may only submit one entry per challenge, you may however edit your post as many times as you wish till the deadline.
3) After an announced deadline the Judge decides a winner. The winner then becomes the Judge for the next round, if the winner does not wish to host the next round a runner-up may do so instead.
4) All entries submitted before the deadline are guaranteed feedback, either in this thread or in another detailed feedback thread.

PRIZES
1st place: 3 alt art packs and 3 collection penta packs
2nd place: 2 alt art packs and 2 collection penta packs
3rd place: 1 alt art pack and 1 collection penta pack
All participants who submit an entry will receive a collection penta pack

SUGGESTED SUBMISSION FORMAT
Name:
Faction/Purity:
Type:
Rarity:
Cost:
Morale:
Attack/Health:
Rules Text:
Flavor Text:

Challenge Deadline: 14th Juli.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:41:14 PM by ToxicShadow »

Online NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
Re: [CDC] The Key to Success
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 04:28:28 AM »
Tenacious Warrior
FD DOD
Character - Human
Cost 4, Morale 8
8/8

Multi Strike 2, Fury 2, Determination 3

"These soldiers of the alliance are honored by the flame dawn for their ferocity and the descendants of the dragon for their resolve."

Fury X
After taking damage this Character gets +X/+0 until the end of the turn.

Determination X
After taking damage this Character gets +0/+X until the end of the turn.

Using multiple new keywords but they're very similar, determination is essentially a less powerful version of 'take x less damage from all sources', not preventing death on lethal damage and dealing all the damage they 'avoided' at the end of the turn.

These characters are quite useful in both assault or defense (but mostly defense unless you use swift strikes/unstoppable) due to their resilience and increasing damage, giving them vigilance/charge/haste or using stuff like heaven's bell can be great for dealing a bunch of unexpected damage, and of course they'll be buffed by non combat damage effects like heatwave or yuanshi.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:22:45 AM by NatoPotato »

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 10:09:09 AM »
Name: Lilith
Faction/Purity: 2 Exile
Type: Unique Character - Demon
Rarity: Rare
Cost: 2
Morale: 7
Attack/Health: 6/6
Rules Text: Adaptoid

Pay 1: Lilith gains Flying until the end of the turn.
Pay 2, Exhaust: Lilith creates a 6/6 Demonborn.
If Lilith dies, all Demonborns you control get +X/+0, where X is cost you paid as Adaptoid.
---
Adaptoid: When you deploy Adaptoid, you may pay X. this Character gains +2X/+2X.

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 07:31:46 PM »
Name: Agent Coyle, Werewolf Paladin

Faction/Purity: WP and FD (not "OR")

Type: Unique Character - Human Beast

Rarity: Legendary

Cost: 6

Morale: 10

Attack/Health: 10/10

Keyword: Charge and Enraged Furious Attack +2

Card Text:

Agent Coyle, Werewolf Paladin cannot be killed from non-damage sources.

Pay 10, Exhaust: Agent Coyle transforms into a 25/25 Flying, Unstoppable Dragon.

Flavor: This isn't even my final form!

---

Enraged Furious Attack: Characters with Enraged Furious Attack Gain +X/+X each time they attack.

Obs¹.: Ok, I know, it works in a similar way as Aberion's Apprentice.

Obs².: I thinked about a 'Tenacious Defense' concept too (that is just the opposite)

Obs³.: The dragon doesn't have Enraged Furious Attack or the ability to not be killed from non-damage sources.

---

Concept: The Werewolf Paladin looks like as a Human at the beggining, but starts to 'evolve' into a Werewolf after each attack. So, the card 'evolves' - just like Zomborg - after each attack until it reach the third attack, where his transformation into a the Paladin Werewolf is complete.

I confess that it might be a little OP, cause things like unstoppable, swift strikes, etc., but, let it be... I am not the judge here XD

See ya folks
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 10:55:35 PM by Klassick »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 04:05:28 AM »

Is there an enraged defence? Or an enraged… death? That would be cool as a concept as a whole. Gains stats when something happens. Though maybe change the name there is already an enraged.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:08:57 AM by Hiding »

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 08:31:15 AM »
Repeat - If this card goes to the Graveyard the turn it is played from your hand, then you can play this card a second time next turn from the grave for free.

Lingering Dark Mist
2p CoV - uncommon
2 Cost
Ability - Magic
Repeat

Deal 3 damage to target character.
You can play this card from the Graveyard.

After two turns of dealing a total of 6 damage, you can continue to pay 2 resources to play the card from the graveyard and deal 3 damage. The Repeat keyword works best with Abilities as they are always played from the hand and will go to the graveyard when played. However, you can use the keyword for any card type, the card just has to go to the graveyard the same turn it was played from the hand. You could for example make a sleeper character with Repeat.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 02:36:52 PM »
Star Chaser
1p OoS + 1p FD
3 cost
7 morale
Character- Human

Flying

Constellation- Each player draws a card and then puts the card that is at the bottom of their graveyard on the bottom of their deck.

6/5
---

Constellation: whenever a player plays a card with the same name as a card previously played in this match (by any player), the following listed effect occurs.

Played means deployed from hand or command zone by paying its cost (or if an effect that specifically states a card being "played" that isnt either one).

Constellation effects are intended to effect both players equally.

If an opponent played winds of war and you played winds of war the same turn, that triggers constellation once.

This card in particular is good for FD later game much needed card draw. It also can slowly chip the opponent with its flying. Can be a soft counter to sleepers as it constantly recycles the graveyard. Concept-wise its person wanting to ascend and be an angel. She doesnt succeed but at least she can fly.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:02:14 AM by Hiding »

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 03:24:37 PM »
24-ish hour warning.

Online mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 08:28:57 PM »
Name: Decayed Zombie
Faction/Purity: 2SoA
Type: Character Undead
Rarity: Comman
Cost: 2
Morale: 1
Attack/Health: 1/7
Rules Text: Wither 4

Wither X: Characters who take combat damage from a character with wither lose X/X after damage

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 10:46:40 PM »

Is there an enraged defence? Or an enraged… death? That would be cool as a concept as a whole. Gains stats when something happens. Though maybe change the name there is already an enraged.

I like the concept too, It would cause funny interactions and, yup, we need better names :)

We have some characters already like this (Diseased Brute), but I guess the ideia has 'too much room' to explore.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 05:52:17 PM »
NatoPotato

NTL

Klassick

Number11

Hiding

mew28

Another contest with many good entries. Makes judging not easier, but it is enjoyable to see all the good ideas. Anyways, here is my ranking:

3rd place

2nd place

1st place

Congratulations to the winners and thanks for participating everyone. Looking forward to the next challenge!

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 04:32:04 AM »

Hiding

Wanted to point out also, this card comboes with itself and other constellation effects since it recycles cards over and over and card draws.

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 05:34:31 PM »
Hey!

Nice to won here :)))

I will post a challange soon, nothing fancy, but let's keep this going.

And I have to confess that this card idea came to me after listening Powerwolf XD

To end and tbh, I would not like to see any more Coyles, but I could not resist to use the "This isn't even my final form!" at this card.

See ya folks
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:36:07 PM by Klassick »

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 07:44:24 PM »
And I have to confess that this card idea came to me after listening Powerwolf XD

Then I also have to praise your music taste and not only the card!
I am looking forward to their new album this month! ;)