Author Topic: [CDC] Unique Connection [Closed]  (Read 438 times)

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
[CDC] Unique Connection [Closed]
« on: July 16, 2018, 06:08:47 PM »
-> Design a Card that interact with one or more Unique Characters.

In game examples -> The Price of Fame; Verore Brute; No More Heroes; Spawn, Fierce Companion; Search for the Key; Champions Attendent; Strenght of Leadership; Champion's Companion/Herald; Defiant Herald; Forerunner of the Champions.

--- Card Design Challenge Rules ---

1) The Judge appoints a challenge, it can be anything, making new card, redesigning an old one or whatever you wish.

2) All that wish to participate submit their card design. Each participant may only submit one entry per challenge, you may however edit your post as many times as you wish till the deadline.

3) After an announced deadline the Judge decides a winner. The winner then becomes the Judge for the next round, if the winner does not wish to host the next round a runner-up may do so instead.

4) All entries submitted before the deadline are guaranteed feedback, either in this thread or in another detailed feedback thread.

PRIZES

1st place: 3 alt art packs and 3 collection penta packs
2nd place: 2 alt art packs and 2 collection penta packs
3rd place: 1 alt art pack and 1 collection penta pack
All participants who submit an entry will receive a collection penta pack

SUGGESTED SUBMISSION FORMAT

Name:
Faction/Purity:
Type:
Rarity:
Cost:
Morale:
Attack/Health:
Rules Text:
Flavor Text:

Challenge Deadline: 31th July

P.S.¹ I do accept a help from this kind of event veterans to judge :)

P.S.² As you guys can see, Champions are included at this Challenge
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:21:28 PM by Klassick »

Offline mew28

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] Unique Connection
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 02:18:06 AM »
Name: Incandescent Fury
Faction/Purity: 1OoS/1FD 1FD 1OoS
Type: Spell
Rarity: Rare
Cost: 2
Rules Text: Target Unique character loses fly if it has it and gains 6 attack and unstoppable.
Flavor Text: I did not fly for my own protection, but for theirs.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:20:10 AM by mew28 »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 09:27:41 AM »
---

Smiling Sycophant
1p Verore or 1p Exiles
3 cost
8 morale
Character- Human

Exile 4

If deployed, whenever a Unique Character is deployed, create a copy of this card in your Support Zone then move all deployed copies of this card to the zone that Unique Character is in. This may only happen once per Unique deployment no matter how many copies of this card are in play.

If this card was Exiled it transforms into Dark Advisor
4/5

---

Makes a bunch of copies of itself to follow the newest famous person around. The limit one per unique deployment means only one is created each time a unique character is deployed. This is to prevent ridiculous multiplication: 1-2-4-8-16 etc.

Card that can possibly set opponent up for insane morale loss if you can shove a bunch onto their side and kill them.

If transformed becomes riskier as it has more stats and induces deck loss. However in a deck with Exile cards it can be very beneficial. OR it can be used to fill graveyard with spells for Oblivion.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 04:17:39 AM by Hiding »

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 04:04:00 PM »
The Haunting
Purity: 1DoD/1SoA
Cost:2
Type: Ability
Rarity: Uncommon

Target a unique character in your graveyard and a deployed location.

The targeted character is risen to the support zone of the owner of the targeted location and bound to this location.

The character becomes a spirit in addition to their other subtypes.

"It is true that we honor the dead in hope that they may aid us in our time of need. However, we also honor them to keep them from returning of their own accord." - Lingbao

New Keyword:
Bound: A card with bound will suffer the same fate as the card it is bound to. In case of this card, it will be removed from game if the location is removed, destroyed if the location is destroyed and so on.

Basicly it represents the spirit of a dead celebrity haunting a location. It is also a way to give your opponent an undesireable character if they control a location.

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 07:54:10 PM »
Name: Deliverance
Faction/Purity: 2 Overseers Of Solace
Type: Ability
Rarity: Epic
Rules Text: 

Deliverance's cost is always equal to your maximum resources.
All Unique Characters in your graveyard are moved to your Hand, their resource cost is reduced by 1.

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 06:18:48 PM »
I'm liking a lot what I see so far! Congrats to all who submit the card design, excelent job!

This will not be easy...

Well, almost 7 days to go, there is time to participate yet!

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 09:23:47 PM »
Heroes Monument
2p DoD - legendary
3 Cost

When a Unique Character dies in your Defense Zone, all deployed characters gain +2/0 and magic immunity for the duration of the next turn.

The magic immunity is useful in a matchup with CoV or you could use it to negate the damage you would take from your own Yuanshi's Wrath. The +2/0 is useful in general and can be used for attacking if you think the opponent won't attack you while you have the buff.

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 04:12:47 PM »
Ok folks!

Tks for all and I will try to judge this in the next two days (max, but my plans are to do it much earlier).

See ya!

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 10:33:06 AM »
Heroes Monument
2p DoD - legendary
3 Cost

When a Unique Character dies in your Defense Zone, all deployed characters gain +2/0 and magic immunity for the duration of the next turn.

The magic immunity is useful in a matchup with CoV or you could use it to negate the damage you would take from your own Yuanshi's Wrath. The +2/0 is useful in general and can be used for attacking if you think the opponent won't attack you while you have the buff.

Why would you play yuanshi's wrath with this effect in place? It protects your opponents stuff too? Unless you really wanted to kill something in their command zone.

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 09:02:59 PM »
Hi there!

Thanks to everyone who participate here, and I ask you to be kind with me as it is the first time I judge a CDC (hope I did not make anyone angry here =)

Mew28

Hiding

ToxicShadow

NTL

Number 11

So, I must say that we have here a contest with excelent entries.

Judging for me was no easy, as I do confess that I "fell in love" with the cards that got first and second places.

Here is my ranking:

3rd place

2nd place

1st place

Congratulations to the winners and I can't wait for the next challenge (will start to appear more times here)!!!

See ya folks
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 09:07:19 PM by Klassick »

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 09:31:40 PM »
Heroes Monument
2p DoD - legendary
3 Cost

Why would you play yuanshi's wrath with this effect in place? It protects your opponents stuff too? Unless you really wanted to kill something in their command zone.

I made a mistake in the wording. It was supposed to be only your deployed characters and not the opponents.