Author Topic: [CDC] Duality [Closed]  (Read 238 times)

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
[CDC] Duality [Closed]
« on: June 17, 2018, 08:53:10 AM »
Make a card that has special effect only if certain card is played or already in play or in graveyard.
It doesn't mean your new card should be vanilla without considering that special effect.
Easier would be make Character-Ability, but all types are allowed.
In game example would Inter-Dimensional Phase Bot, if it worked only with Controlled Temporal Anomaly card.

(My example)
Name: Pyromancer
Faction/Purity: Factionless
Type: Character - Human
Rarity: Uncommon
Cost: 1
Morale: 5
Attack/Health: 2/5
Rules Text:

When Pyromancer is deployed and you play Firebolt, it stays in your Hand instead of going to the Graveyard.

--- Card Design Challenge Rules ---
1) The Judge appoints a challenge, it can be anything, making new card, redesigning an old one or whatever you wish.
2) All that wish to participate submit their card design. Each participant may only submit one entry per challenge, you may however edit your post as many times as you wish till the deadline.
3) After an announced deadline the Judge decides a winner. The winner then becomes the Judge for the next round, if the winner does not wish to host the next round a runner-up may do so instead.
4) All entries submitted before the deadline are guaranteed feedback, either in this thread or in another detailed feedback thread.

PRIZES
1st place: 3 alt art packs and 3 collection penta packs
2nd place: 2 alt art packs and 2 collection penta packs
3rd place: 1 alt art pack and 1 collection penta pack
All participants who submit an entry will receive a collection penta pack

SUGGESTED SUBMISSION FORMAT
Name:
Faction/Purity:
Type:
Rarity:
Cost:
Morale:
Attack/Health:
Rules Text:
Flavor Text:

Challenge Deadline: 29th June
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:44:38 AM by NTL »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] Duality
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 12:47:46 PM »
Endless Ball
1p Sleepers
6 cost
8 morale
Character- Undead

Unstoppable, Infect, Charge

Cards raised by this card become Endless Hordes.

Whenever an Endless Horde you control enters the graveyard, this card gains +3/+4

When you deploy this Character you may discard any amount of Endless Hordes.

Activate: Sacrifice an Endless Horde.

Pay 7, Remove 2 deployed Endless Hordes: Play this card from the graveyard.

0/1

---

Playing from graveyard works as if it is played from hand. Remove is short for Remove from the game.
---
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 04:30:00 AM by Hiding »

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 01:07:28 PM »
Just a quick question for this challenge: Do we have to pick an already existing card that needs to be in play or do we have to make two cards? Or are both possibilities viable and it is our choice?

Offline Prince of Lies

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 02:11:44 PM »
Name: The Weeping Statue
Faction/Purity: Sleeper of Avarrach and Cult of Verore
Type: Unique Artifact
Rarity: Legendary
Cost: 4
Morale: n/a
Attack/Health: n/a
Rules Text:
While "Avarrach Has Risen" or "The Virus of Avarrach" is in your graveyard, The Weeping Statue gains Infect and deals 1 damage to every Character in play at the start of each turn. Damage inflicted by this effect is increased by 1 at the end of each turn.
Exhaust, Pay 5: Discard any number of cards from your hand. Gain 5 morale for each card discarded this way.
Exhaust, Pay 6: Discard a card from your deck. Gain Health equal to the discarded card's cost.
Flavor Text:
After the scientists of Genesis Industries had thought the plague from Avarrach had been cured, one of their exploration teams had stumbled across a curious statue from the ruins of a castle. Perpetually leaking some type of cloudy liquid from its eyes, the statue was taken in for further research.

I may have quit IW but I miss playing Sleepers and Verore together.
I still like Virus-based decks. :(

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 02:27:13 PM »
Name: The Weeping Statue
Faction/Purity: Sleeper of Avarrach and Cult of Verore
Type: Unique Artifact
Cost: 4
Morale: n/a
Attack/Health: n/a
Rules Text:
While "Avarrach Has Risen" or "The Virus of Avarrach" is in your graveyard, The Weeping Statue gains Infect and deals 1 damage to every Character in play at the start of each turn. Damage inflicted by this effect is increased by 1 at the end of each turn.
Exhaust, Pay 5: Discard any number of cards from your hand. Gain 5 morale for each card discarded this way.
Exhaust, Pay 6: Discard a card from your deck. Gain Health equal to the discarded card's cost.
Flavor Text:
After the scientists of Genesis Industries had thought the plague from Avarrach had been cured, one of their exploration teams had stumbled across a curious statue from the ruins of a castle. Perpetually leaking some type of cloudy liquid from its eyes, the statue was taken in for further research.

I may have quit IW but I miss playing Sleepers and Verore together.
I still like Virus-based decks. :(

Discard is usually only from hand. Isnt it kinda super easy to get the damage condition?

Offline NTL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 06:31:54 PM »
Just a quick question for this challenge: Do we have to pick an already existing card that needs to be in play or do we have to make two cards? Or are both possibilities viable and it is our choice?
Both possibilities are allowed.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 12:17:04 PM »
Punishment & Salvation
Purity: 3OoS
Cost: 3
Type: Unique Equipment - Dual Pistols

Can only be played on Sol, Champion of Vengance.

The character who is equipped with this card gains +4/+0 and Ranged.

When this equipment leaves the played area for the first time, take the card to your hand instead. Its cost is increased by 3 and it gains the following text instead of its original text:

Can be played on any non-Champion character.

The character who is equipped with this card gains Champion, Flying, Multi strike 2 and Lives 2.

"Even if I fall, another brave soul will take up my arms and my cause. There will always be a Champion of Vengance." - Sol

A new keyword and a new cardtype that you have probably seen in other tcg before in some shape or form. Here is my take on them:

Equipment: Unlike an ability, Equipment cards are attached to a character until this character dies, the equipment gets destroyed or the character leaves the game, in which case it will be moved to the graveyard.

Ranged: Ranged characters deal their damage before their opponent the first time they enter combat each turn (this counts for all attacks of multistrike if the first one doesn't kill the other character). If two ranged characters meet each other as first opponents, then they deal damage to each other normally.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 11:58:32 AM by ToxicShadow »

Offline NTL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 10:12:39 AM »
Need some upper limit for global damage.

Too many effects combined on second use, Ranged alone is very strong, at least no extra lives.

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 11:26:25 PM »
Name: Aberions Disciple
Faction/Purity: 3FD
Type: Character Human
Rarity: Comman
Cost: 3
Morale: 0
Attack/Health: 8/6
Rules Text: Charge
Aberions Disciple can be played for free while Aberion is deployed
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 12:48:24 AM by mew28 »

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 12:49:16 PM »
Flight Trainer
2p OoS - uncommon
2 Cost
3 Morale
Character - Angel
4/5
Flying

When you deploy Flight Trainer, if there are any Soldier of Solace in play give them Flying till the end of this turn.
Pay 1, Exhaust: Target Flying Character gains +2,+2.
When Flight Trainer is returned to your hand, you can give a target Overseer Character Flying.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2018, 02:44:26 PM »
When Flight Trainer is returned to your hand, you can give a target Overseer Character Flying.

I really like this effect of the card. Pretty good idea imho.

Offline NTL

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 08:43:30 AM »
Hiding

Prince of Lies

ToxicShadow

mew28

Number11

The winners