Author Topic: [CDC] Location, Location, Location [Closed]  (Read 716 times)

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
Re: Location, Location, Location
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2018, 05:40:46 PM »
Here is the long awaited ranking, 100% generated by undead demon monkeys on typewriters in an outsourced Talich GI facility!

OneTwo

mew28

NatoPotato

Hiding

ORISOLVE

Benionin

NTL

Number11

Many great designs that I enjoy and it wasn't easy for me to pick the winners, let alone the order to rank them. It was really close. But without further ado, here they are:

3rd place

2nd place

1st place

Congratulations to the winners and thank you for participating everyone. Hope to see you all in the next challenge.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: Location, Location, Location
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2018, 07:04:01 AM »
oh for my design if the location dies, it goes to graveyard. but its not one card in the graveyard, it splits back into 2 cards in the graveyard. Same if it goes back to hand, thats why it has no resource cost because you can never play the card directly, you always need to play the 2 components all over again.

The thralls are meant as a bonus but also kind of a negative as it means more things you can lose to hurt yourself. Paying 9 resources to make things on the battlefield -6/-9 is pretty powerful sure but if you miss often enough, the opponent can just ramp up and play something stronger than that and win. At least depending on the opponent. It may still be too powerful though not sure.

Dark Master I should probably make unique. If there ever is a Location combo  (like with Tectonic Elemental) enthusiastic engineer can be powerful as he can keep deploying Fort over and over (destroying the prev one sure but still)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 07:13:21 AM by Hiding »

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] Location, Location, Location [Closed]
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2018, 01:04:13 PM »
That would be much better. The combine rules text as presented is a bit ambigious since it doesn't explicitly say where or when exactly the location splits. I thought it would split before it arrives at the graveyard and therefore giving you living characters. Admittedly having them split after makes much more sense and is much more balanced.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2018, 01:09:24 PM »
That would be much better. The combine rules text as presented is a bit ambigious since it doesn't explicitly say where or when exactly the location splits. I thought it would split before it arrives at the graveyard and therefore giving you living characters. Admittedly having them split after makes much more sense and is much more balanced.

Also worth mentioning if destroyed: one card leaves play, but 2 cards enter the graveyard. For possible card triggers and effects

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 09:42:21 PM »
Also worth mentioning if destroyed: one card leaves play, but 2 cards enter the graveyard. For possible card triggers and effects

Now that's a headache and a half
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream