Author Topic: [CDC] Useless but fun [CLOSED]  (Read 350 times)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] Useless but fun
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2018, 01:01:40 PM »
Name: Coin of doom
Faction/Purity: Factionless
Type: Spell
Rarity: Epic
Cost:20
Rules Text: When you play this card you must call heads or tails if you guess correctly you win the game if not you lose the game.

I can just imagine the smiles of fun and joy this card would bring to all players in the match

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2018, 11:09:40 PM »
Name: Coin of doom
Faction/Purity: Factionless
Type: Spell
Rarity: Epic
Cost:20
Rules Text: When you play this card you must call heads or tails if you guess correctly you win the game if not you lose the game.

I can just imagine the smiles of fun and joy this card would bring to all players in the match
Just gotta remember to pray to RNGesus when you play it.

Online NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2018, 12:12:10 AM »
Number11
“I love the name of your card and it fits well with what it does. The flavor text is very funny too. The logistics of Unorganized Garage are interesting and different. I like that, as a location, you draw the second card and not the top one. As for the Exhaust card ability it’s very creative but I do see a flaw, it would alter how discard decks work since you no longer worry of drawing your last card. I don’t know if it would give an advantage to a player, and since it’s looked to FD, probably very situational. All that said, it would be an interesting card to play and have!”

NatoPotato
“I think this is a fantastic card. It has no potential “use” to influence a match… so completely useless!!! except for the art being displayed upside-down, that would mess with my head hahaha
It would be amazing to see a full premium deck. It would also defeat the purpose of showing off your true premium cards, but hey, if you are throwing away 2 resources during a match to make cards pretty, go for it I say! I also like the “Counterfeit Cards” name, true to its name :)

Hiding
“This is a scary Mission, I live it!!! The name of the Mission… it’s perfect. It fits well with the Genesis Industries and Exiles theme decks. Scary tech... Now where did Wealthy Noble go??
Even though it handicaps both players, I can see it being an advantage if the other player had more cards in play and or you are in a defence position. If you are defending you gain a turn since all deployed cards are moved to the support zone. The cost offsets that imbalance but I can see some good applications for this card so I would not call it “useless”, so much so, I would love to try it and have it in my decks!!! That Mission completion requirements is very cool and adequate.
I think it’s a well-balanced card but still is advantageous if played right, so it doesn’t quite fit the asked specifications for this event.
That said, I really really really like this card and would love to see it made. I am laughing hard just thinking how frustrated my opponent would get :p”

ToxicShadow
“When I see this, I think: Ho man this is going to be a mess!!! As I understand it this card would make every event that happens during a turn random rendering the match useless for almost any strategy. You don’t know what you will get and you don’t know what you will hit. This card would be considered to have negative effects for both players making it non-advantageous. You may even hit your own Artifact ending the madness this cards brings with it. Overall interesting concept and effects but I think it would bring too much frustration to players and probably crash the game if there are too many abilities in the graves…. I am scared just thinking of it hahaha.”

Benionin
I keep trying to think of ways I could use this cards and every time I am thinking why? Why would I add something this useless? I could see it being used for some sort of moral victory but it would probably be very impractical.
I see you have this card as a Unique Mission. Usually a mission has a set goal that the player(s) needs to complete. Ex: Kill 10 Conscripted Militia to complete the mission.
I think this care would be better as a Location card.
I like the flavor text haha xD

Volumet
“I have mixed feeling about this card, I don’t see is as a useless card. In fact I see it helping the player who uses. It helps complete Omnitron and with Weaponize I could use it to make my characters Untouchable and get an 8/8 Artificial just for the cost of 2.
This is a formidable card and I would definitely have it in my Genesis Industries deck. As much as I like this card it’s not useless so it doesn’t fit in this particular challenge.
Two thumbs up! A very cool card that I would love to see implemented, but I have to deduct marks for making it too useful in my opinion.”

NTL
“This card would appeal to any avid gambler. Definitely a hell’s Roulette Mouahahaha and perfect for Exile! I would not classify this card a useless but it is non-advantageous since there is a 50/50% chance of it going your way or the opponent’s way. It also could never complete as it can go back and forth for ever… very interesting card mechanics. I love that it starts at 50% and needs to go to either 100% or 0% to complete. The consequences of playing this card can be very high and at best the mission would take 3 turns to complete… During that time players would intensely watch what side the “Roulette” tips even giving a chance for player to destroy the mission if players thick it’s not going their way. Hooo the suspense all wile happening during the ongoing fight.
I do have a Question. What happens if there are no Characters? I would guess Hell's Roulette dose nothing that turn?
A very exiting card indeed!”

Mew28
A 50/50 chance Ability Card. Now that’s interesting. I like that the cost is 20 making it almost unusable.
I say almost because I think I have a cool deck build that could center on that card. (Probably not a practical deck but whatever).
Imagine Having Martyr of Life, an Overseers Character and Enyah in command. You also have 1 Die Another Day, 1 Coin of doom, 1 Wealthy Noble, 1 Brings Life By Passing, 1 Passing Gift and 1 Untapped Wilderness in your deck… the rest of the cards are up to you. If you have the right combo (and none of your cards die…) you could (very very unlikely) toss that Coin on round7!!! Hahaha :p
It’s a very cool and interesting Ability. It fits well as a Factionless card especially since it’s overpriced!

All participants cards were amazing concepts but I had to stick to the challenge descriptions. The winners are the ones that I thought fit the best.

First place: NatoPotato (This card to me wins as it’s a true useless card but would be cool to play)
Second place: NTL (I think as a non-advantageous card this card could bring some interesting struggle play in a match)
Third place: Mew28 (This card is also a non-advantageous card and useless for being so hard to activate in a real match. That said you could loose to Puffy the goldfish in style :p)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 12:18:27 AM by NatoPotato »

Online NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2018, 12:15:01 AM »
Since I did the previous challenge I'm gonna let NTL handle the next one.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
Re: [CDC] Useless but fun [CLOSED]
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2018, 02:13:18 AM »
I chose a mission because you can remove locations by playing other ones over them. Missions, on the other hand, are nearly Untouchable.

It's worth noting that the Militia give each other +1/+1, which can matter if you're running other Militia and could eventually add up.

And while it may not have been successful I have to say that getting you to ask "Why? Why would I add something this useless?" means mission accomplished.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline mew28

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] Useless but fun [CLOSED]
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2018, 03:24:18 PM »
I chose a mission because you can remove locations by playing other ones over them. Missions, on the other hand, are nearly Untouchable.

It's worth noting that the Militia give each other +1/+1, which can matter if you're running other Militia and could eventually add up.

And while it may not have been successful I have to say that getting you to ask "Why? Why would I add something this useless?" means mission accomplished.
The problem is this card would be a must run just because it has opening. You get to run a 39 card deck and if your play FD with AoE buffs or something like Taiga the 1/1 are not 1/1 anymore just trading with each other. Also in a moral deck you would love this thing chain lighting Lingbo and profit.