Greetings, Card design enthusiasts! This round of the CDC will be perhaps a bit different than others. As many of you may know, I'm a fan of the Star Trek promotional set, playing decks featuring its cards fairly regularly. There are particular Trek cards that I simply love, but have the unfortunate side effect of being, well, not legal in ranked or tournament play. As such, this challenge is toDesign a ranked-legal card based off of/inspired by a card or mechanic from the Star Trek promotional set
One example of a card that exists in the game that would fulfill this requirement is Leader of the Charge
, who is essentially Riker except better because they are an overseer and can have flying (the original version didn't have to ascend but didn't gain flying, so that's a thing). Missions
were also introduced in this set. A full list of the cards can be found here
Your card can be based off of an individual card (like Riker) or based off of a mechanical idea (like stealing other players' characters). The exception to this is missions--while they were introduced in this set, if you design a mission you must connect it in some other way to the set other than the fact that it is a mission.
Judging will be based off of how appropriate your shift to a ranked-legal faction (or factionless) is--did you just dump the card in that faction, is that design better suited for another faction?--in addition to normal design considerations.The contest will close on December 10th
--- Card Design Challenge Rules ---
1) The Judge appoints a challenge, it can be anything, making new card, redesigning an old one or whatever you wish.
2) All that wish to participate submit their card design. Each participant may only submit one entry per challenge, you may however edit your post as many times as you wish till the deadline.
3) If you edit your post you should make an additional post in this thread informing of the edit to make sure that the updated version of the card will be judged. The post should contain the full updated card details as well as a brief summary of what changed from your original submission.
4) After an announced deadline the Judge decides a winner. The winner then becomes the Judge for the next round.
5) All entries submitted before the deadline are guaranteed feedback, either in this thread or in another detailed feedback thread.
1st place: 3 alt art packs and 3 collection penta packs
2nd place: 2 alt art packs and 2 collection penta packs
3rd place: 1 alt art pack and 1 collection penta pack
All participants who submit an entry will receive a collection penta pack
SUGGESTED SUBMISSION FORMAT