Author Topic: [CDC] Tinkering Craftsman [Closed]  (Read 389 times)

Offline Number11

• View Profile
[CDC] Tinkering Craftsman [Closed]
« on: September 25, 2017, 01:13:36 AM »
Card Design Challenge – Tinkering Craftsman

In this challenge, design a buffing/debuffing card for Location or Artifact cards. Here are some card examples.

Naturally Occurring Moat
1p WP - Rare
2 Cost
Ability

When played any Location you have in play gains the ability and text of "All opponent Characters can not attack your fortress the turn they are deployed."

Force Field Shield
1p GI - Uncommon
1 Cost
Artifact

Target a Location card. As long as Force Field Shield is in play the target Location has plus 1 Shield.

Anyone can post their card idea before October 7. Have fun creating cards.

--- Card Design Challenge Rules ---
1) The Judge appoints a challenge, it can be anything, making new card, redesigning an old one or whatever you wish.
2) All that wish to participate submit their card design. Each participant may only submit one entry per challenge, you may however edit your post as many times as you wish till the deadline.
3) If you edit your post you should make an additional post in this thread informing of the edit to make sure that the updated version of the card will be judged. The post should contain the full updated card details as well as a brief summary of what changed from your original submission.
4) After an announced deadline the Judge decides a winner. The winner then becomes the Judge for the next round.
5) All entries submitted before the deadline are guaranteed feedback, either in this thread or in another detailed feedback thread.

PRIZES
1st place: 3 alt art packs and 3 collection penta packs
2nd place: 2 alt art packs and 2 collection penta packs
3rd place: 1 alt art pack and 1 collection penta pack
All participants who submit an entry will receive a collection penta pack

SUGGESTED SUBMISSION FORMAT
Name:
Faction/Purity:
Type:
Rarity:
Cost:
Morale:
Attack/Health:
Rules Text:
Flavor Text:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 11:05:13 PM by Number11 »

Offline Prince of Lies

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] Tinkering Craftsman
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 03:00:45 PM »
Name: Down the Rabbit Hole
Faction/Purity: Factionless
Type: Ability
Rarity: Epic
Cost: 2
Morale: n/a
Attack/Health: n/a
Rules Text:
Activate Down the Rabbit Hole only while you control a Location and at least one deployed Character.
Any Locations or Artifacts currently in play gain "At the end of each turn, this card's controller gains 1 Health and 1 Morale for each deployed Character they control". Create an Alice in Wonderland in your hand.
Flavor Text: "Was that a rabbit in a suit and a bow-tie with a pocket watch? I must investigate."

Name: Alice in Wonderland
Faction/Purity: Factionless
Type: Unique Character
Rarity: n/a
Cost: 3
Morale: 7
Attack/Health: 8/9
Rules Text:
While you control a Location, Alice in Wonderland gains Shield 1.
While you control an Artifact, Alice in Wonderland gains Unblockable.
Flavor Text: "If fantasy makes one invincible, shouldn't obsession make one unstoppable?"

Online Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 10:03:57 AM »
Skittering Infestation
1p Exiles
3 cost
Ability

Each Artifact loses the type Artifact, gains the type Character, subtype Demon, gains morale equal to its resource cost +1, and health and attack equal to 2x its resource cost.

---

Possible soft removal for hard to deal with artifacts, or if you are going for morale kills, this helps too. Either that or you can try to attack with an army of artifacts.

Note: artifacts affected by this still keep all their rules text. A Mysterious Box will still be able to remove things from play, itll just now have a few extra legs and be able to bite things as well.

Editted: be extra scared of omnitron

---

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:08:47 AM by Hiding »

Offline wyrmberg

• "She is starting to damage my calm!"
    • View Profile
    • Board Games In Bedford
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 11:23:13 AM »
Slime of Increased Decreptitude.

3p Sleepers of Avarrach
6 cost
Artifact
Epic

Can only be played on a deployed Decrepit Crystal.
Decrepit Crystal becomes Untouchable
When an Undead Character is raised from the Graveyard add +1 +1 for every other Undead Character raised that turn.
Pay 7, exhaust.
Increase bonus given by Decrepit Crystal & Slime of Increased Decreptitude by +1 +1.

Online Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 11:40:21 AM »
Slime of Increased Decreptitude.

3p Sleepers of Avarrach
6 cost
Artifact
Epic

Can only be played on a deployed Decrepit Crystal.
Decrepit Crystal becomes Untouchable
When an Undead Character is raised from the Graveyard add +1 +1 for every other Undead Character raised that turn.
Pay 7, exhaust.
Increase bonus given by Decrepit Crystal & Slime of Increased Decreptitude by +1 +1.

Is this like an artifact that covers another artifact? Because that sounds like an interesting concept though kinda new. Are the 2 artifacts side by side? Is it "attached" in a way that if decrepit crystal is destroyed, this is destroyed? Trying to figure out how this works

Offline wyrmberg

• View Profile
    • Board Games In Bedford
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 12:17:48 PM »
Is this like an artifact that covers another artifact? Because that sounds like an interesting concept though kinda new. Are the 2 artifacts side by side? Is it "attached" in a way that if decrepit crystal is destroyed, this is destroyed? Trying to figure out how this works

Yes, I missed a bit.

Decrepit Crystal becomes Untouchable while Slime of Increased Decreptitude is deployed.

It essentially acts as a Shield for the Decrepit Crystal. The Slime is destroyed, Decrepit Crystal would revert to its base self (as the buffer is the Slime).
Obviously it's still affected by table removers such as The Calamity.

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 03:11:50 PM »
Name: Extra Munitions
Faction/Purity: 2 FD
Type: Artifact
Cost: 5

Rules Text:
Play only if you control Pyr, Fortress of The Flame Dawn.
All Flame Dawn aspirants you control get +1/0

Flavor Text: "One Million Bullets"

The card uses the location as a condition to be played but does not buff the card as it looks like if you remove Pyr the Extra Munitions would still provide the buff to the characters. You could change this by making Extra Munitions dependant on Pyr to work.
As an example:
All Flame Dawn aspirants you control get +1/0 as long as Pyr, Fortress of The Flame Dawn is in play.

If you would make this change you could also remove the line "Play only if you control Pyr, Fortress of The Flame Dawn." if you want the flexibility of being able to play Extra Munitions before Pyr.

Slime of Increased Decreptitude would be unaffected by Calamity as Calamity does not work on Artifacts.

Skittering Infestation
1p Exiles
2 cost
Ability

Each Artifact loses the type Artifact, gains the type Character, subtype Demon and gains morale, health and attack equal to its resource cost.

---

Possible soft removal for hard to deal with artifacts or if you are going for morale kills, this helps too. Either that or you can try to attack with an army of artifacts.

Note: artifacts affected by this still keep all their rules text. A Mysterious Box will still be able to remove things from play, itll just now have a few extra legs and be able to bite things as well.

As you mentioned it being able to debuff, it also can be a buff by protecting the card from Artifact removal and allowing effects like from Mechanism to work on the battlefield. I have however decided to allow pure debuff cards for Location and Artifacts in this challenge.

Online Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 05:44:39 AM »

Yes, I missed a bit.

Decrepit Crystal becomes Untouchable while Slime of Increased Decreptitude is deployed.

It essentially acts as a Shield for the Decrepit Crystal. The Slime is destroyed, Decrepit Crystal would revert to its base self (as the buffer is the Slime).

Idk i feel like maybe it should do something like- "remove target decrepit crystal from the game"

Then it does all the stuff you wrote along with the decrepit crystal stuff. Then if it gets destroyed, decrepit crystal comes back into play. This makes it so it pretty much protects the crystal entirely until it dies.

Online Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 05:46:35 AM »
As you mentioned it being able to debuff, it also can be a buff by protecting the card from Artifact removal and allowing effects like from Mechanism to work on the battlefield. I have however decided to allow pure debuff cards for Location and Artifacts in this challenge.

Sooo is my card still allowed?

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 07:03:46 AM »
[Name], Fortification Engineer
1 DoD
Unique Character--Human
Rare
3-cost
6 Morale
4/5

As long as CARDNAME is deployed, Locations you control have "Your characters take 2 less damage while in the Defense Zone."
At the end of the turn, if CARDNAME is in your defense zone your fortress heals for 5 health.

Add some earthworks here, a bastion there, a good ditch in the front... it's not much, but I can work with it.

Basically, he turns any location into a Great Wall of Jinhai. And the Wall itself gets even stronger. I made them 1 purity so they could combo with other factions' locations, gave them 5 health because I didn't want good stats but I hate it when stuff dies to a single lightning blast or firebolt. The Field Engineer ability is designed to encourage people to put them into the defense zone where they'll be more vulnerable to removal/combat death while also giving utility if you don't have an artifact. 3 cost was specifically designed to curve into Wall, notably, but it's worth noting that at that cost they're competing with Dojo (also intentional).
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline wyrmberg

• View Profile
    • Board Games In Bedford
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 09:00:57 AM »

Yes, I missed a bit.

Idk i feel like maybe it should do something like- "remove target decrepit crystal from the game"

Then it does all the stuff you wrote along with the decrepit crystal stuff. Then if it gets destroyed, decrepit crystal comes back into play. This makes it so it pretty much protects the crystal entirely until it dies.

Yes, that works for me.

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 09:22:39 AM »

Online Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 12:24:42 PM »

Yes, that works for me.

Correction: If it leaves play, have decrepit crystal come back in case someone removes it from the game, returns it to your hand, or shuffles it into your deck or something.

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 06:12:35 PM »
Type: Artifact

Rules Text:
All Flame Dawn aspirants you control get +1/0

The card uses the location as a condition to be played but does not buff the card as it looks like if you remove Pyr the Extra Munitions would still provide the buff to the characters. You could change this by making Extra Munitions dependant on Pyr to work.
As an example:
All Flame Dawn aspirants you control get +1/0 as long as Pyr, Fortress of The Flame Dawn is in play.

If you would make this change you could also remove the line "Play only if you control Pyr, Fortress of The Flame Dawn." if you want the flexibility of being able to play Extra Munitions before Pyr.

Ah i see what you mean, thanks for the response i'll edit my entry.

MAY ALL YOUR PENTA PACKS HAVE LEGENDS AND MAY ALL YOUR RIFT RUNS BE REWARDING!
Author, Editor, Head Researcher, and Chief Interviewer of The IW Player's Profiles

Online Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 04:34:34 AM »
Type:  Unique Artifact

Rules Text:
Can only be played if you control Pyr, Fortress of The Flame Dawn.

Flame Dawn Aspirants you control get +1/0.

At any time, if you do not control Pyr, Fortress of the Flame Dawn, Destroy Extra Munitions. 

EDIT: edits in yellow.

Ill be honest this sounds like a really bad bromichs banner.