Author Topic: Would be nice if the LIGHTMARE and Yodo1 decide to DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS GAME!  (Read 240 times)

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
Hi folks,

Ok, I did not find any game I liked so much as this one.

But, I do know that the game is at a "temporary state" of... abandonment, I guess.

It is not time for you guys from YodoMare starting at least to do something for the game?

The last patch was a disaster, it bringed back several bugs from the past and 'ressurected' cards effects I would not like to see anymore, including Martyr of Life, Red Tape and Acquire 'old effects'.

So, what I can expect from the game? How much more "temporary" this "state" will be?

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• Travelling worlds out of fascination.
    • View Profile
I have been observing this game for a while without really coming back. Last time I played was sometime before they full out abandoned so I may not know all the details, but I can tell you that it is pretty unlikely they will answer you and even if they answer, most likely nothing will happen.

The old Community manager Moose left for Skyforge... which I vaguely remember going full pay to win and being pretty dead right now? Well, I hope wherever Moose is he is doing alright now. Well, regardless, that was when things really really started going down. He basically was the main connection to the devs. He acted like the developer team was scared of reading the forum or something.

Whatever, when that happened the company slowly did less and less until they did some collaboration with Yodo. For a while everything looked like it was going to go well. We got some new community managers, regular information on the game development even if it didn't spoil too much... but then things kinda petered out, the hype was gone, nothing happened at all etc....

It is a shame, but I do not expect them to actually do anything in the future. The best we can seem to hope for is them selling the game for cheap to some other company who sees potential.

This game was really great, still is. It is original, not just a copy of other popular games. It has great art, great characters and a wonderful community. God, if only a company that actually knew how to do digital card games took it up.... wish I was rich, then I could just buy it and do it myself.

Other accounts of mine can be found on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity.

Offline Jadez

• View Profile
The best you can do is wait for a company to make a card game with similar mechanics. Nobody will buy a game with such a bad development reputation as Infinity Wars, neither are the players interested in yet another re-release. The code is basically also worthless because IW needs to be rebuild from the ground up to even function properly, let alone succeed. You can just copy the purity system, simultaneous turns and animated artwork and LM/Yodo can do nothing about it. And they won't, because they don't have any intentions to keep this game alive. Eventually everyone will forget about the game and the server will be shut down.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 09:55:32 PM by Jadez »

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• Travelling worlds out of fascination.
    • View Profile
It depends on what they expect for the price to sell the game. At this point the game IS pretty much dead and they seem unwilling to actually invest anything again. So maybe they will sell it for really cheap to some company who can do something with it? Otherwise they just have the thing lying around without getting anything for it anyway.

Plus, honestly, it is unlikely that anyone will use the Purity system and the other features unless a former fan of the game decides to make their own company with a card game. This game was always rather niche, with a small but dedicated and friendly user base.

Other accounts of mine can be found on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity.

Offline IguanaMan

• View Profile
The best you can do is wait for a company to make a card game with similar mechanics. Nobody will buy a game with such a bad development reputation as Infinity Wars, neither are the players interested in yet another re-release. The code is basically also worthless because IW needs to be rebuild from the ground up to even function properly, let alone succeed. You can just copy the purity system, simultaneous turns and animated artwork and LM/Yodo can do nothing about it. And they won't, because they don't have any intentions to keep this game alive. Eventually everyone will forget about the game and the server will be shut down.
This is what I have been thinking for a while too.  The shame will be all the lost art :/
"Seriously if we don't bug hunt they might end up a new faction!" - Junker99

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
Yup... you guys are right.

But I won't stay here only expecting.

If I can get some news, I'll bring it here at the forum.