Author Topic: [CDC] What other benefits do I get? [closed/judged]  (Read 290 times)

Online Hiding

• View Profile
[CDC] What other benefits do I get? [closed/judged]
« on: August 18, 2017, 07:49:57 AM »
Going off Benioin's challenge (due to my limited imagination) if there ever was a new set or blocks revolving around Faction purity or to counter Faction purity based decks, what sort of cards would you find in such a set?

Cards posted cannot have ever been posted on the forums ever before (though I have not much way to check).

Ideas may include:
- Stuff similar to Benion's challenge
- Cards that reflect other player's purity choices
- Cards that remove purity cost from cards or increase purity costs on cards
- Anti-purity cards, or cards that can be included in decks as long as you dont have the specified purity
- Maybe have a card that gets buffed the more Flame Dawn symbols it has on it and have the picture be a guy covered in 100 Flame Dawn symbols or something idk man.

The more the card introduces interactions using purity as a resource the better.

Challenge Deadline: August 26th

--- Card Design Challenge Rules ---
1) The Judge appoints a challenge, it can be anything, making new card, redesigning an old one or whatever you wish.
2) All that wish to participate submit their card design. Each participant may only submit one entry per challenge, you may however edit your post as many times as you wish till the deadline.
3) If you edit your post you should make an additional post in this thread informing of the edit to make sure that the updated version of the card will be judged. The post should contain the full updated card details as well as a brief summary of what changed from your original submission.
4) After an announced deadline the Judge decides a winner. The winner then becomes the Judge for the next round.
5) All entries submitted before the deadline are guaranteed feedback, either in this thread or in another detailed feedback thread.

PRIZES
1st place: 3 alt art packs and 3 collection penta packs
2nd place: 2 alt art packs and 2 collection penta packs
3rd place: 1 alt art pack and 1 collection penta pack
All participants who submit an entry will receive a collection penta pack

SUGGESTED SUBMISSION FORMAT
Name:
Faction/Purity:
Type:
Rarity:
Cost:
Morale:
Attack/Health:
Rules Text:
Flavor Text:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 04:19:20 PM by Hiding »

Offline Number11

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] What other benefits do I get?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 09:57:42 AM »
Artifact Inspector
3 purity GI - Rare
2 cost
7 morale
Character - Human
5/5

Target an Artifact when deployed. Artifact Inspector gains +X/+X, Shield X and is removed from the game after 2X turns where X is the purity of the target Artifact.
If the targeted Artifact is destroyed while Artifact Inspector is in play, put a copy of the destroyed artifact into your hand.
If you targeted 1 purity Artifact and Artifact Inspector is removed from the game while in play, draw an Artifact and gain 2 resources next turn.
If you targeted 2 purity Artifact then Artifact Inspector gains the subtype Artificial.
If you targeted 3 purity Artifact then Artifact Inspector gains Flying.

Offline Prince of Lies

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 01:54:45 PM »
Name: Agent Amy, the Treacherous
Faction/Purity: 1 Cult of Verore, 1 Overseers of Solace
Type: Unique Character
Rarity: Legendary
Cost: 8
Morale: 15
Attack/Health: 1/1
Rules Text:
Untouchable
While Amy is in play, all Characters with Charge, Vigilance or Haste are unable to enter combat.
Each time a Cult of Verore or Overseers of Solace card is sent to the graveyard, Amy gains an extra life.
Flavor Text: "Agent Coyle, it has always been a pleasure to double-cross you every time!"

Comment: So your Ascended Gao Han will pretty much never fight with anything as would your Hasted Champions. Likewise, your opponent won't be surprising you with Impervious or a flying Emberstarter or a handful of Agent Coyles. And she can do it all from the comfort of the Command Zone.
Amy dies to all indirect damage but, if you're spamming Lightning Blasts and chump-blocking with Followers (via Cornicen, Heaven's Assistance and Irial) or Rita's Guards, she might not have to.

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 06:46:04 AM »
Name: Agent Coyle Isolationist
Faction/Purity:Factionless
Type: unique character Human
Rarity:Legendary
Cost:2
Morale: 3
Attack/Health:3/3
Rules Text:Agent Coyle isolationist gains +3/3 for each factionless purity in your command zone
Pay 10 Transform in to a 25/25 unstoppable flying dragon.
Flavor Text: Alone Coyle had to learn to rely on his own merits rather then copying those around him.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:49:20 AM by mew28 »

Online Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 06:42:52 AM »
Hmm should I just give everyone here first second and third place?

I guess Ill just postpone this 1 week and see what happens.

Cuz Im lazy and dont wanna judge yet.

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 04:47:58 PM »
Inquisitor
Factionless
Character--Human
Rarity--Epic
Cost 4
Morale 7
8/8

Inquisitor's purity is equal to the highest purity in your deck (if there is a tie, it chooses the left-most purity in your command zone).
Whenever Inquisitor fights another character from the same faction, it gains +8/+8

I'll be the judge of guilt
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 11:02:21 AM »
Theodorus, Grand Keeper of Memories
Purity: 1 of all factions
Cost: 6
Morale: 10
Type: Unique Character - Human
Rarity: Rare
Stats: 10/10

If Theodorus is chosen as commander, he counts as one of his purities of your choice, but only one at a time.

Whenever your opponent plays a card with 2 or more purity, remove all other cards with the same name from the opponents hand, deck and graveyard. Cards with 2 or more purity get removed from game upon entering the graveyard.

Whenever a card you control with 1 or less purity enters the graveyard, shuffle it back into your deck instead.

Some things have to be remembered. Others are better left forgotten.

Online Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 01:16:45 PM »
Inquisitor
Factionless
Character--Human
Rarity--Epic
Cost 4
Morale 7
8/8

Inquisitor's purity is equal to the highest purity in your deck (if there is a tie, it chooses the left-most purity in your command zone).
Whenever Inquisitor fights another character from the same faction, it gains +8/+8

I'll be the judge of guilt

Does this card gain purity when you deploy it, when it comes into play or is it just the leftmost purity while in your deck? Also if it is neutral purity does that count as a purity? Or is it like in magic the gathering "colorless" meaning its second part just never applies?

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 03:54:14 PM »
It's meant to be state-based, so it's always the highest purity of your deck--aka that's what it counts as in your hand, in your deck, on the field, and so on. It's technically factionless for collector purposes, though.

For mtg reference, Ghostfire or Pact of Negation come to mind as cards whose rules text specifically say what color they are (colorless and blue, respectively). They're always that color. The Inquisitor works in the same vein.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Online Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 07:11:25 AM »
It's meant to be state-based, so it's always the highest purity of your deck--aka that's what it counts as in your hand, in your deck, on the field, and so on. It's technically factionless for collector purposes, though.

For mtg reference, Ghostfire or Pact of Negation come to mind as cards whose rules text specifically say what color they are (colorless and blue, respectively). They're always that color. The Inquisitor works in the same vein.

My question about the neutral was if it happened to be in a deck with neutral/fd/dod would it be neutral purity or fd?

If it was all neutral would neutral count as a "faction" or would it be "factionless" therefore the second part would not apply (it would be factionless but would not gain +8/+8 against other factionless because factionless is not a faction)

Online Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 03:44:16 AM »
Alright entries are all closed and all that gonna judge if i remember to

Online Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 04:18:56 PM »
Comments and stuff

Number11
Prince of Lies
mew28
Benionin
ToxicShadow

Winners:

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] What other benefits do I get? [closed/judged]
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 05:04:43 PM »
With '1 of all factions' i actually meant that he literally needs to be part of an enyah deck....(or anything similar, if there ever is another deck building tool). He seems much too powerful imho to be some kind of improved factionless.

That being said, does anyone else want to host the next challenge? I don't really have a good idea for the next one right and i am not sure if i can be around to judge it when the time comes.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] What other benefits do I get? [closed/judged]
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 02:34:00 PM »
Well, I guess that means no one else wants to do the next one, so I'll give it a try. Maybe I can squeeze the judgement in somehow.