Author Topic: ***Infinity Wars & Lightmare's only code focus is on bugs***  (Read 7591 times)

Offline tcsgamer

• View Profile
Re: ***Infinity Wars & Lightmare's only code focus is on bugs***
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 10:53:50 PM »
This is good.

But I'll warn Lightmare, that while community input is good, please stick to your own design and creative vision as much as you can.

Gamers seem to think (wrongly) that they should have access to everything that goes on in game design. For some reason, when I hear of this I always hark back to that Simpsons episode where Homer designs his own car.

Keep us informed on what you're doing. Sure. Patch notes. OK. Design is your job and I think you're doing fine...except for bugs. Those you gotta fix.  ;D

Offline Mysterion

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 01:25:25 AM »
Thank you Mr. Coyle for your response to the community. The fact that the CEO took the time to personally answer the concerns of its players is great. I hope people appreciate it and realize it is a rare occurrence in the gaming world. Being a small indie studio of course it is more likely to happen. You did not have to though and for that I thank you. I hope it was not too late and cannot wait to see the results. Infinity Wars has great potential and I think that is why the community was so disappointed. We can see the potential greatness just as much as I know you can.

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 02:21:36 AM »
Actions speak louder than words so I'll be waiting to see this commitment for bug squashing which should have been happening since infestation. Until then, this response just seems like another standard response any company would make. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but I'm not gonna be convinced by words alone.
Follow your...

Offline Swiftwynd

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 12:25:43 PM »
This is good.

But I'll warn Lightmare, that while community input is good, please stick to your own design and creative vision as much as you can.

Gamers seem to think (wrongly) that they should have access to everything that goes on in game design. For some reason, when I hear of this I always hark back to that Simpsons episode where Homer designs his own car.

Keep us informed on what you're doing. Sure. Patch notes. OK. Design is your job and I think you're doing fine...except for bugs. Those you gotta fix.  ;D

Just to chime in though, some of the more interesting and creative cards have come directly from player suggestions, so it think its more important for Lightmare to walk the line of taking good advice from players and incorporating it into their own system, rather than kowtowing to the community's ever last whim.

Aleta, the Immortal Traveler and Devil of Despair are directly designed from a member in our community.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 11:05:40 PM »
And Hinreki, and Mage Guild Recruiter, and Shield Generator and countless others.
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline Mozart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 07:51:35 AM »
thanks for the reply  8)

Offline Agua

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 07:02:40 PM »
Wow, this is def a step in the right direction, perhaps you could do developers streams once a month or so? Much like DE used to do with warframe. Just a suggestion, take it or leave it.   ;)

I'm fairly new to the game and other than the lsit of bugs I've submitted to support, the only issue I found with the game is that its grindy and the IP cap makes it impossible to grind. I don't play that much, so I'm not really affected, but it should be possible to grind indefinitely to get cards. This is certainly making people to play less, thus queues to play are long sometimes(specially on merged games).
Perhaps you could remove the cap on weekends? I think that would bring a lot of people to the game, at least on weekends.

Anyway, keep the good work!!

Offline AirborneScientist

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 10:23:57 PM »
The fact you took the time to write this (while we are all still waiting for Teremus' long overdue response) means a lot. Thanks!

Offline Palaxar

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2014, 11:36:10 PM »
Wow, this is def a step in the right direction, perhaps you could do developers streams once a month or so? Much like DE used to do with warframe. Just a suggestion, take it or leave it.   ;)

I'm fairly new to the game and other than the lsit of bugs I've submitted to support, the only issue I found with the game is that its grindy and the IP cap makes it impossible to grind. I don't play that much, so I'm not really affected, but it should be possible to grind indefinitely to get cards. This is certainly making people to play less, thus queues to play are long sometimes(specially on merged games).
Perhaps you could remove the cap on weekends? I think that would bring a lot of people to the game, at least on weekends.

Anyway, keep the good work!!
What IP cap are you referring to? pretty sure that the only IP cap is against bots, and thats for obvious reasons.
________
     |___|   
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 12:15:41 PM »
I'm thinking he means the 5-minute cap on IP gain during matches.

EDIT: Just so you know, I wasn't suggesting it needed to be changed, I'm just guessing that's the cap he was meaning as that's the only cap I know of.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:54:47 PM by DrayGon777 »
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline Xyst

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2014, 12:31:45 PM »

That time of games IP cap should not be removed. It would mean that 2 players could enter into a game and go to their jobs for 8 hours, returning to their game and finishing it for gobbs of xp and ip. I am 100% certain that a lot of people would take advantage of that...

What could potentially be done would be to make the time of games cap at 10 minutes on weekends instead of 5 minutes - which would net more ip and xp gains for those long games we run into from time to time. Another option would be to have double xp/ip weekends for anyone logging into the game during the announced time/date. Throw in one of those every 4-6 weeks maybe and be sure to email the entire IW player database with the time/date of this type of event at least 2 weeks prior (and make sure to press the send to all button this time (kappa)) :p

This is neither here nor there though really since the topic of this post is: "Infinity Wars & Lightmare's only code focus is on bugs"...

Offline Aberion

• The Hammer Of Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2014, 04:59:13 PM »
Even simple things like patch notes help players feel like they are part of the development journey, so this is great news. :)
this, so much this :)
Amen!

Offline Agua

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2014, 06:44:49 PM »

That time of games IP cap should not be removed. It would mean that 2 players could enter into a game and go to their jobs for 8 hours, returning to their game and finishing it for gobbs of xp and ip. I am 100% certain that a lot of people would take advantage of that...

What could potentially be done would be to make the time of games cap at 10 minutes on weekends instead of 5 minutes - which would net more ip and xp gains for those long games we run into from time to time. Another option would be to have double xp/ip weekends for anyone logging into the game during the announced time/date. Throw in one of those every 4-6 weeks maybe and be sure to email the entire IW player database with the time/date of this type of event at least 2 weeks prior (and make sure to press the send to all button this time (kappa)) :p

This is neither here nor there though really since the topic of this post is: "Infinity Wars & Lightmare's only code focus is on bugs"...

I read that you have a 600 ip cap for day. I though it was against everyone. If there is no cap, then that is great, I was only playing 4 games in order to farm the 600ip. Are you telling me that I can play indefinitely and win 150ip per win until i get any number of IP?

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2014, 07:03:25 PM »
I once got 2000 IP from just bot grinding. I'm pretty sure that was back when you got IP daily.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Vertu Honagan

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2014, 07:16:24 PM »
I read that you have a 600 ip cap for day. I though it was against everyone. If there is no cap, then that is great, I was only playing 4 games in order to farm the 600ip. Are you telling me that I can play indefinitely and win 150ip per win until i get any number of IP?

You can play all day every single day never have a cap on how much IP you can earn. There is only a cap on how much you can earn per game which is 150