Author Topic: Storytelling with Benionin  (Read 272 times)

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
Storytelling with Benionin
« on: July 17, 2017, 05:44:15 AM »
Welcome to Storytelling, Benionin’s weekly live-streamed Infinity Wars fanfic story--featuring the input of YOU, the audience! Follow along as Ben writes with your suggestions and his own characteristic flair for the dramatic. Stay tuned week by week as the story we create together grows and develops into a monstrous mess. Ahem. Grows and develops.

The 'stream' will be taking place live each week at (schedule TBD) IWT. I'll be hanging out in IW's official Discord's voice channel and in #roleplay, and you can follow along as I write--and occasionally read out loud--the story here

Have suggestions? Let me know in #roleplay or in voice chat. Missed previous installments? Don't worry, it'll all be there in the doc for you to keep up with.

Note: I reserve the right to refuse certain suggestions. Most notably, there will be no erotic content.

Giveaways. Might be a thing. I'll have to see.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Prince of Lies

• View Profile
Re: Storytelling with Benionin
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 01:05:33 PM »
Is this going to generally be a serious-y establishment of IW lore?

Will we have occasional IW characters on crack?

Like, what does Rita and Candit do in their spare time if they're not warring with each other? Do they argue on gimp suits for their thralls or are they trying to outdo each other with their wardrobe/s?
Or what do the Exiles do during the Rebellion when the Angels are busy fighting with each other? Does Nysurgh cook? Does Tygrugh do any Shakespearean plays? Is Grimmish the Jester of Torment?
Who would win a game checkers between Gao Han and Kung Ji? Does Aberion sing to Mulan's "I'll Make A Man Out of You" while recruiting for Purifiers?

And what about Factionless cards?
Will we ever touch upon the mysterious dimension Evellee and her DDs come from?

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 03:55:04 PM »
Since I don't officially write lore for IW, none of this will be official. In fact, this is meant to be more casual/lighthearted than my typical fanfiction, which I usually try to keep serious and "lore plausible." One of the ideas I was toying around with was the possibility of doing crossovers (based on audience request and my own knowledge of other franchises--if I don't know anything about it, writing a crossover sequence would obviously be hard).
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Prince of Lies

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 05:14:43 PM »
Well, it doesn't have to be canon to be serious.
I mean, they might as well be tales of the various horrors Aleta the Tinkerer faces while trying to rescue the Sufferer. Like, she could've had to traverse the barren Old World and fight with Hehkeem and Exhumed Mammoth, dying and only to be Reborn again to steal the Sufferer away.
Or we can get nitty-gritty details of Candit and Rita's catfight. Like, Death Rays and Reflective Shields everywhere a la Harry Potter duel.

But I do want IW on Crack.
I mean, Nysrugh and Thanksgiving preparations in Torment sounds like a total kick to me.
Or what about a parody of Shrek with IW characters? Someone has to be Prince Charming but I can't figure out who...
Or the Rift's Next Idol? Aberion can be the top model though... er... maybe...

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 08:14:38 PM »
so....when is the scheduled time? also this is great!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 04:15:36 AM »
For the first session, I will be holding it Wednesday, July 26th at 5pm IWT (1pm Eastern Time for us United States folks). I'll set up a more regular schedule once I get my August work schedule.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Prince of Lies

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 06:35:47 PM »
Oh well. Enjoy yourselves.
I expect lots of lulz. :D

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 06:09:42 PM »
We've set out on a journey with the Overseers of Solace, with Kraos and Melosia wondering if they'll ever be playable again--and what's the point, anyway?

Starting with next week I hope to have a more regular schedule. However, are there particular times that work for you folks? Let me know and I will try to accommodate. I will post again when the next date is determined.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 05:08:48 AM »
Due to real life conflicts just making this week a stressful mess, Storytime will return next week.
Gao Han or Gao Home!