Author Topic: [CDC] I'll Do It Later [CLOSED]  (Read 434 times)

Online Hiding

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] I'll Do It Later
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 05:02:37 AM »
So does this count as a delayed effect? It's not a count down timer but it is (technically) a delayed effect.
The delay should be set when its deployed rather than on activation of an ability.

so missions are not considered delayed? Like percentage complete based on a certain action.

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 05:38:26 AM »
If the mission gained X% each turn then it would count.
I'm not talking about delays in general, just specifically the challenge, which is to make a card which uses a delay that starts when it's deployed.

It doesn't specifically have to be 'in X turns' or a counter though, for example the bomb bot could just gain +2/0 every turn without needing to be activated/paid and explodes at the start of the turn if it has more than X power. (sure technically you could combo with DOD and use pacify or balance to lower its power and 'reset' the delay, but with its effect less power is not particularly useful)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 04:54:15 AM by NatoPotato »

Offline Broadwell

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 12:46:32 PM »
Name: Defiant Wizard
Faction/Purity: 1x Cult of Verore, 1x Flame Dawn
Type: Character
Rarity: Rare
Cost: 2
Morale: 8
Attack/Health: 4/4
Rules Text: At the start of each turn, this card gains 1 age counter. At the beginning of combat, if this card has 3 age counters, destroy all characters in both players command zones.
Flavor Text: He always had a problem following orders.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »
Danse Macabre
Purity: 1CoV/1SoA
Cost: 3
Type: Unique Mission
Rarity: Epic

When you deploy Danse Macabre, it has 2 Counters. At the end of each turn, it loses 1 Counter.

At the start of your turn, if Danse Macabre has no counters left, sacrifice it and resurrect X characters from any graveyard that died while Danse Macabre was deployed. These characters become undead in addition to their own character type. X is the total number of counters Danse Macabre lost while being deployed.

Pay 2+Y, with Y being the number this ability has already been activated: Danse Macabre gains an additional counter. Any player may activate this ability, but only once per turn.

"In the cursed ruins of Veroria, damned souls gather for an eerie dance each night. Some dance to remember, some dance to forget."

Offline 0100161

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 03:46:41 PM »
Name: Today’s Egg
Faction/Purity: Factionless
Type: Artifact
Cost: 0
Rules Text: When you deploy Today’s Egg, you may Overcharge it once. If you do, it gains the following Text: At the start of each turn, Today’s Egg gains 1 age counter. At the end of the turn, if it has 3 age counters, Today’s Egg is destroyed, create a Hen of Tomorrow in you support zone.

Name: Hen of Tomorrow
Type: Character-Beast
Cost: 4
Morale: 10
Attack/Health: 15/14
Flavor Text: Better Tomorrow
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 03:40:28 PM by 0100161 »

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2017, 10:27:09 PM »
Name: Robot Supremacy
Faction/Purity: 3 GI
Type: Mission

Rules Text: 

At any time, If you control no Artificial Characters, Remove Robot Supremacy from the game.

At the beginning of your opponent's turn, Target artificial character gains +2/+2 and Robot Supremacy becomes 20% more complete.  When Robot Supremacy is 100% complete, Destroy all non-artificial characters.

Flavor Text: SN:\Collective\History\Audio\AudioFile01\Run  ..."Ok, I've finished connecting all the 'bots to the new satellite extranet matrix... Complete automatic uplink coming online now...   See how they are already synchronizing!? Now the robots can communicate with each other more efficiently, allowing for fully independent decision making and complete autonomy! They're essentially running themselves! ... I'm thinking of calling it.... 'SKY-NET'... I have a feeling it'll completely revolutionize the world."
Meatbag
Designation: Dr. Harold Manback a.d.a "The Liberator"
Function: Scientist
Affiliation: Genesis Industries

« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 10:32:45 PM by TameRlane »
MAY ALL YOUR PENTA PACKS HAVE LEGENDS AND MAY ALL YOUR RIFT RUNS BE REWARDING!
Author, Editor, Head Researcher, and Chief Interviewer of The IW Player's Profiles

Online Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 11:04:47 AM »
Rules Text: When you deploy Today’s Egg, you may Overcharge it once. If you do, it gains the following Text: At the start of each turn, Today’s Egg gains 1 age counter. At the end of the turn, if it has 3 age counters, Today’s Egg is destroyed, create a Hen of Tomorrow in you support zone.

Another placebotron for omnitron decks? Hmm

Offline Lord_F

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 02:10:24 PM »
Name: Construction of a interdimensional gate
Cost: 1
Rules Text: When you deploy this cardy, your maximum resource is reduced by one. After 8 Turns your maximum resources are increased by 2 and gain 2 extra rescources next turn. The Calamity is added to your hand.

Flavor text: Scientists tried to create fast new ways of transportation.

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2017, 07:00:40 AM »
Name: Inhuman Fate
Faction/Purity: 2 Sleepers of Avarrach or 2 Exiles
Type: Unique Ability
Rules Text:
Neither player can inflict any form of damage to non-Human Characters, fortress or morale until the end of this turn.
After 3 turns, choose one of the following preemptive effects to activate:
-Send all cards in play to the graveyard
-Send both players' hands to the graveyard
-Remove all cards in both graveyards from play
-Both players have their fortress health and unit morale divided equally between them
Flavor Text: "Those who fear death have not known any horror worse than it."
Alternative Flavor Text: "Did he just ragequit?"

Traitor- At the beginning of the combat phase, this character enters combat with the character in front of it and does not attack or block the opponent. If there is no character in front of it, it attacks its controller's fortress.

Host to Horrors
2p Exiles
6 cost
Ability

Target a deployed Character.

When the targeted character is killed, create a Spider, Octopus, and Worm character in that character's zone. These are Entangled.

At the end of the next turn, kill the targeted character.

Your opponent does not know which character you target.

Name: New Recruit
Faction/Purity: FD
Type: Character Human
Rarity: Uncommon
Cost:1
Morale:1
Attack/Health:8/8
Rules Text: New Recruit can only attack or block after being deployed two turns

Exhausted Soldier
2 purity FD - uncommon
1 cost
6 morale
Character - Human
6/6

When you deploy Exhausted Soldier, move him to the support zone and Exhaust him for X turns where X is the turn he was deployed at. (A counter shows how long the card is Exhausted)
Exhausted Soldier can not be moved by other cards.
Exhausted Soldier gains 0/+4 whenever he is buffed by a mission card.

Carrier of Corruptoin
1 Exiles
Character--Demon
Uncommon
1 cost
5/5
2 morale

When you deploy CARDNAME, target character becomes a demon in addition to its other subtypes. After two turns, that character loses all non-demon subtypes and gains +6/+6

Name: Defiant Wizard
Faction/Purity: 1x Cult of Verore, 1x Flame Dawn
Type: Character
Cost: 2
Morale: 8
Attack/Health: 4/4
Rules Text: At the start of each turn, this card gains 1 age counter. At the beginning of combat, if this card has 3 age counters, destroy all characters in both players command zones.
Flavor Text: He always had a problem following orders.

Danse Macabre
Purity: 1CoV/1SoA
Type: Unique Mission

When you deploy Danse Macabre, it has 2 Counters. At the end of each turn, it loses 1 Counter.

At the start of your turn, if Danse Macabre has no counters left, sacrifice it and resurrect X characters from any graveyard that died while Danse Macabre was deployed. These characters become undead in addition to their own character type. X is the total number of counters Danse Macabre lost while being deployed.

Pay 2+Y, with Y being the number this ability has already been activated: Danse Macabre gains an additional counter. Any player may activate this ability, but only once per turn.

"In the cursed ruins of Veroria, damned souls gather for an eerie dance each night. Some dance to remember, some dance to forget."

Name: Robot Supremacy
Faction/Purity: 3 GI

Rules Text: 

At any time, If you control no Artificial Characters, Remove Robot Supremacy from the game.

At the beginning of your opponent's turn, Target artificial character gains +2/+2 and Robot Supremacy becomes 20% more complete.  When Robot Supremacy is 100% complete, Destroy all non-artificial characters.

Name: Construction of a interdimensional gate
Cost: 1
Rules Text: When you deploy this card, your maximum resource is reduced by one. After 8 Turns your maximum resources are increased by 2 and gain 2 extra resources next turn. The Calamity is added to your hand.

Flavor text: Scientists tried to create fast new ways of transportation.

The winners are:

3rd

2nd

1st

Congratulations to the winners!
Hope you get good cards from the prizes!

If you don't want to host the next contest just send a pm to the next runner up and ask if they would be willing to do it instead.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 08:05:55 AM by NatoPotato »

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [CDC] I'll Do It Later [CLOSED]
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2017, 08:46:04 AM »
Good choices! looking forward to the next challenge.

i had robot supremacy activate on the opponents turn so that if it clears the board (since it happens on the opponents turn) the opponent can still bring in a skraar, autumn dragon, anything with charge or haste, etc... before (if) the GI deck drops Omnitron.

I'll send in the prize list momentarily! ;D
MAY ALL YOUR PENTA PACKS HAVE LEGENDS AND MAY ALL YOUR RIFT RUNS BE REWARDING!
Author, Editor, Head Researcher, and Chief Interviewer of The IW Player's Profiles