Author Topic: [CDC] In Quest for Interaction [CLOSED]  (Read 376 times)

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
[CDC] In Quest for Interaction [CLOSED]
« on: June 12, 2017, 02:05:49 PM »
Greetings, fellow card designers.
We all know missions. The newest card archetype in the game, yet except from their conditions to progress them, they are basicly inert. As soon as they have been played, they will either get finished or remain unfinished until the end of game. Time to change that!

For this challenge, I want you to create a card that interacts with the 'Mission' card type.

There are no limitations in purity, cost or cardtype you can use (although, should you desire to make a mission that influences missions, please note that it must influence missions OTHER than itself). Also, there are no limitations of how the mission is influenced, it is all up to you. Go wild and enjoy :).

--- Card Design Challenge Rules ---
1) The Judge appoints a challenge, it can be anything, making new card, redesigning an old one or whatever you wish.
2) All that wish to participate submit their card design. Each participant may only submit one entry per challenge, you may however edit your post as many times as you wish till the deadline.
3) If you edit your post you should make an additional post in this thread informing of the edit to make sure that the updated version of the card will be judged. The post should contain the full updated card details as well as a brief summary of what changed from your original submission.
4) After an announced deadline the Judge decides a winner. The winner then becomes the Judge for the next round.
5) All entries submitted before the deadline are guaranteed feedback, either in this thread or in another detailed feedback thread.

PRIZES
1st place: 3 alt art packs and 3 collection penta packs
2nd place: 2 alt art packs and 2 collection penta packs
3rd place: 1 alt art pack and 1 collection penta pack
All participants who submit an entry will receive a collection penta pack

SUGGESTED SUBMISSION FORMAT
Name:
Faction/Purity:
Type:
Rarity:
Cost:
Morale:
Attack/Health:
Rules Text:
Flavor Text:

Contest closes Friday the 23rd.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 09:31:27 PM by ToxicShadow »

Offline Prince of Lies

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] In Quest for Interaction
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 05:38:43 PM »
Name: The Witch's Tower
Faction/Purity: 1 Cult of Verore
Type: Location
Rarity: Legendary
Cost: 6
Rules Text:
At the start of each turn, you may search your deck for a Mission and play it into the deployed area by paying its appropriate costs.
While you control a Mission, The Witch's Tower gains the following effects:
Exhaust, Pay 3: Create a Witch in the Support Zone. You can only create and control one copy of each Witch during this entire game from any sources (including this card).
Exhaust, Pay 10: Destroy The Witch's Tower and all Missions in play. Declare a card type. While The Witch's Tower is in the graveyard, the first card of the chosen type played by your opponent has its effects negated and is immediately sent to the graveyard.

Flavor Text: "You would dare stand in the way of a witch? Stand aside, you primitive brutes!" - Rita
Alternate Flavor Text: "Hey, Princess! Go to another castle!" - Candit
Alternate alternate Flavor Text: "With the destruction of Veroria, some of the surviving witches sought refuge in an abandoned citadel made of black stones and luminous crystals. Their fervent use of magic corrupted the very air and land itself, creating constant thunderstorms and sprouting an endless forest of thorns which both served as protective barriers to their new abode."

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 08:13:46 PM by Prince of Lies »

Online Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 06:40:23 PM »
Suppressor of Resolve
3 purity OoS - Epic
4 cost
7 morale
Unique Character - Angel
10/10

Pay 5: Destroy target Mission card and deal 10 morale damage to the owner of the card as a result.

The card has a very strict purity requirement as the strength of mission cards is how there is a lack of removal for them. When I had thought of this card in the past, I was also thinking of how to make a 2 SoA 1 OoS deck type focused on stealing cards. A 2 SoA 1 OoS version of this card could steal Mission cards and a 1 SoA 1 OoS version of Consecrating Angel could steal Location cards.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 06:45:48 PM by Number11 »

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 07:42:15 PM »
Name:Goal Keeper
Faction/Purity:Factionless
Type:Character Human
Rarity:Rare
Cost:3
Morale:8
Attack/Health:8/8
Rules Text:Anytime a mission is completed goal keeper gains it's texts as an Pay X ability where X equals it's cost.

Online Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 12:31:19 PM »
Instigate X; Y- Target X type card(s) gain(s) Y% completion.

---

Hero of the People
Neutral Purity
3 cost
10 morale
Character- Human

Multistrike 2

You may only deploy Hero of the People if you control a Deployed Human.

Whenever Hero of the People deals damage to your opponent's fortress, Instigate All; 8. Hero of the People only affects cards you control.

6/9

---

If this thing manages to multistrike opponent's fortress everything you control, not just missions, gains 16% completion. Made it neutral to be usable in any deck, however you have to have a human to play this guy. Untouchable things are not effected because Instigate requires targetting.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 04:05:18 AM by Hiding »

Offline 0100161

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 11:33:45 AM »
Name: Carl von Clausewitz
Faction/Purity: Flame Dawn/3
Type: Unique Character
Rarity: Epic
Cost: 8
Morale: 10
Attack/Health: 10/10
Rules Text: Unstoppable, Charge. When you deploy Carl von Clausewitz all Artifacts, Locations and Missions in play are destroyed. Create a card named Blitzkrieg in each player's support zone.
Flavor Text: "It is even better to act quickly and err than to hesitate until the time of action is past".

Blitzkrieg
Faction/Purity: Flame Dawn/3
Type: Mission
Rarity: Epic
Cost: 8
Rules text: At the end of the turn, if you didn't deal damage to an opponent's fortress, Blitzkrieg becomes 20% more complete. When Blitzkrieg is 100% complete, you loose the game.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:42:47 PM by 0100161 »

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 02:38:47 PM »
Jacob Elwood
1 DoD
Unique Character--Human
Rare
3 cost
6 morale
8/10

At the end of each turn, CARDNAME gets +1/+1 for each mission you control, and each mission you control becomes 10% more complete.

We're on a mission from Ao Shun
30 second delay
It's 106 miles to the Rift, we got a fresh set of mounts, half a pack of rations, and it's dark... better grab those sunglasses.

In a somewhat blatant homage to the Blues Brothers (which, ironically, I have not yet seen all the way through), This fella's on a mission from Ao Shun.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 02:49:47 AM »
Memory Seizing Tome

Unique Artifact
2 cost

When you play Memory Seizing Tome remove all Missions owned by the opponent from the game and any enemy Characters that started the turn deployed cannot be moved this turn.
At the start of each turn you may Overcharge a card, if you do not Memory Seizing Tome is destroyed.
When Memory Seizing Tome is destroyed return the removed Missions to the game at the same level of completion as when removed and move any enemy Characters that were in play on the turn this was played to where they should have moved that turn.

Basically take the enemies memories, making them forget what they're supposed to be doing, hold onto the memories for a while, then give them back, tricking them into doing something they probably shouldn't.

The 'movement prevention' triggers during the deploy phase so you do actually get to see where the enemy units moved to, essentially you see the units move, then the ability goes off, then they all move back to where they were at the end of the last turn.

Allows you to not only mess with their missions but also with troop deployment/arrangement, the opponent can destroy the artifact themselves but they do have to keep their unit movement in mind.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 01:22:39 AM by NatoPotato »

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 12:11:55 PM »
Memory Seizing Tome

Unique Artifact
2 cost

When you play Memory Seizing Tome remove all Missions owned by the opponent from the game and any enemy Characters that started the turn deployed cannot be moved this turn.
At the start of each turn you may Overcharge a card, if you do not Memory Seizing Tome is destroyed.
When Memory Seizing Tome is destroyed return the removed Missions to the game and move any enemy Characters that were in play on the turn this was played to where they should have moved that turn.

Basically take the enemies memories, making them forget what they're supposed to be doing, hold onto the memories for a while, then give them back, tricking them into doing something they probably shouldn't.

Allows you to not only mess with their missions but also with troop deployment/arrangement, the opponent can destroy the artifact themselves but they do have to keep their unit movement in mind.

When the Tome is destroyed and the missions return, will they keep their progress or will they have to start from 0% all over again?

Also, 24 hour warning. Judging will be tomorrow when i get home. Time for last minute (or day :) ) entries has come.

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 04:38:39 AM »
Since characters stats are reset when removed and returned to the game maybe it should set missions to 0% just for the sake of consistency, but I was thinking the missions could continue where they left off.

I'll probably add a bit of text for it, but if not then just assume it resets to 0.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 05:19:30 PM »
After meditating in a secret card creation dojo, i have come to the following judgement:

Prince of Lies

Number 11

mew28

Hiding

Benionin

NatoPotato

Thank you everyone for participating. There were great entries and as usual it was difficult to decide on the winners, but here they are:

3rd place

2nd place

1st place

Offline Prince of Lies

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 07:46:41 PM »
You actually pay for whatever mission you pull out from Witch's Tower.
I thought I made that clear with the phrase "by paying its appropriate costs".
This actually leads to a delay of one turn in making Witches or using a permanent card counterspell unless you already had a Mission in play or take some low-cost one like Ritual of Summoning, I suppose.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 08:03:39 PM »
You actually pay for whatever mission you pull out from Witch's Tower.
I thought I made that clear with the phrase "by paying its appropriate costs".
This actually leads to a delay of one turn in making Witches or using a permanent card counterspell unless you already had a Mission in play or take some low-cost one like Ritual of Summoning, I suppose.

I understood that you pay. But you also directly deploy that Mission from your deck. That is really powerful. Compare it to the DoD mission finding ability, it needs you to pay 2, take the mission to your hand and then play the mission next turn. As for the delay, i also understood that right. I personally just find it more interesting to have to set up the tower with a mission as opposed being guranteed one the next turn (even with 1 turn delay in the towers activation compared to already having one when playing the tower). That might only be personal preference though.