Author Topic: [CDC] a Bloody Cost [Closed]  (Read 705 times)

Offline Vuurjopi

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] a Bloody Cost [May 19th]
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 12:56:01 AM »
Name: Summon Cresil's Helper
Cost: 0
Purity: 2 1/2 Exile (card must be used with either 3 purity exiles or 2 exile and 1 dual exile purity)
Unlimited Spell
Rarity: Epic

Remove 2 character cards from every players graveyard: a 1/1 character named Cresil's Helper that cannot be destroyed falls into play. Cresil's Helper deals 10 damage to every player every turn.

Sorry wayfinder. removing a character from your graveyard is not the same as killing your own cards or sacrificing them. You'll have to change the description to make the card legal for the contest.
I will build a great wall and the exiles will pay for it! ~ Gao Han

Offline MSchildorfer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 03:36:09 PM »
Name: Exemplar Execution
Faction/Purity: 1 FD or 1 CoV
Type: Ability
Rarity: Uncommon
Cost: 3
Rules Text:
Sacrifice target deployed Character you contol
All Creatures in your hand gain Charge and Attack equal to the sacrificed Characters Cost
All deployed Creatures you control move to the Assault Zone and gain Attack equal to the sacrificed Characters Cost
Flavor Text: "Nothing like a little 'warning' to ignite a vicious fire in the peoples' hearts"

Does this happen the turn you play it or the turn after? Because Im not sure its possible to have this happen the turn you play it. Also the fact it would be a little overpowered for its cost if this were the case. I like that it involves cost though, you can kinda use burden of command with it

The idea behind the card was that you sacrifice one of your creatures to gain a big offensive boost and additionally setting up for more aggression later by boosting your hand as well. The flipside being that all the aggression is mandatory making it more predictable and also risking units that you would have rather left elsewhere.
Also to gain a big boost of Attack you need sacrifice a expensive Character which are usually uncommon in rush decks

You are right it might be a bit to strong in this form and I have a few ideas to adjust its strength.
What do you think about these ways:
1) Simply increase the cost
2) Increase Rarity
3) Make it require both Factions instead of just one of them limiting the kinds of decks it can be put in
4) Change it from "Charge" to "Cannot be moved away from the Assault Zone"
5) Limit the amount of Characters it can effect

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 05:12:49 AM »
Rules Text:
All Creatures in your hand gain Charge and Attack equal to the sacrificed Characters Cost
All deployed Creatures you control move to the Assault Zone and gain Attack equal to the sacrificed Characters Cost
Flavor Text: "Nothing like a little 'warning' to ignite a vicious fire in the peoples' hearts"

Does this happen the turn you play it or the turn after? Because Im not sure its possible to have this happen the turn you play it. Also the fact it would be a little overpowered for its cost if this were the case. I like that it involves cost though, you can kinda use burden of command with it

The idea behind the card was that you sacrifice one of your creatures to gain a big offensive boost and additionally setting up for more aggression later by boosting your hand as well. The flipside being that all the aggression is mandatory making it more predictable and also risking units that you would have rather left elsewhere.
Also to gain a big boost of Attack you need sacrifice a expensive Character which are usually uncommon in rush decks

You are right it might be a bit to strong in this form and I have a few ideas to adjust its strength.
2) Increase Rarity
3) Make it require both Factions instead of just one of them limiting the kinds of decks it can be put in

What I mean is, because abilities resolve after deploy, giving your characters charge doesnt work if its trying to do it the same turn because your characters would be on the field in your support zone and then be given charge making it rather pointless. Unless they mess around with the coding.

I think just leave the charge out because its unnecessary anyways, you move everything to the assault zone right after.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 05:15:08 AM by Hiding »

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 02:00:56 PM »
Rules Text:

2) Increase Rarity

What I mean is, because abilities resolve after deploy, giving your characters charge doesnt work if its trying to do it the same turn because your characters would be on the field in your support zone and then be given charge making it rather pointless. Unless they mess around with the coding.

I think just leave the charge out because its unnecessary anyways, you move everything to the assault zone right after.

Well, it does not say that the charge the characters gain only lasts until the end of turn. Which means the characters that were in your hand when you played this card should get charge permanently. Sounds pretty useful.

Online mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 05:15:32 PM »
Name: Equivalent Exchange
Faction/Purity:Factionless
Type: Spell
Rarity:Legendary
Cost:10
Rules Text: Sacrifice all selected targeted friendly characters.  Gain a X/Y character where X equals the total power and the combined total cost of all sacrificed characters  and Y equals the combined maximum health plus the combined total cost of all sacrificed characters.
This character gains all keywords of of the sacrificed characters.
Flavor Text: Everything that is taken must also be returned in full.

Offline Masc

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 08:21:50 PM »
Name: Quality over quantity
Faction/Purity: 3 GI
Type: Location
Rarity: Rare
Rules Text: Sacrifice a deployed artificial character, exhaust: every unending drone you control gains +1/+1

Flavor Text: Still not good enough

Sounds more like an ability than a location. Maybe name it Drone Recycling Facility?

Yes, i agree. I changed the name.

Offline 0100161

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2017, 01:12:02 AM »
Name: Only Lovers Left Alive
Faction/Purity: Sleepers of Avarrach/2
Rarity: Rare
Cost: 2
Rules Text: As an additional cost to play Only Lovers Left Alive, sacrifice 2 deployed Unique Characters you control. If those Characters are in the Graveyard for 2 consecutive turns, they are raised to the Support Zone at the end of the turn.
Flavor Text: I just feel like all the sand is at the bottom of the hour glass or something.

Online NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2017, 05:29:03 AM »
Feed the Masses

Ability
Cost 1

Sacrifice a deployed non-artificial non-spirit character you control and choose X non-artificial non-spirit characters where X is the cost of the sacrificed character, the chosen characters get +1/+1 and heal 1 damage.
(You may choose the same unit more than once.)

Basically just lets you use consume on non-consume characters without needing them to kill things.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:02:11 AM by NatoPotato »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2017, 09:02:26 AM »
Well, it does not say that the charge the characters gain only lasts until the end of turn. Which means the characters that were in your hand when you played this card should get charge permanently. Sounds pretty useful.

Actually thats a good point didnt realize that. I guess thats a bit more interesting though kind of very powerful being to give everything in your hand charge but really depends on what's in your hand at the time

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2017, 09:03:46 AM »
Rules Text: Sacrifice all selected targeted friendly characters.  Gain a X/Y character where X equals the total power and the combined total cost of all sacrificed characters  and Y equals the combined maximum health plus the combined total cost of all sacrificed characters.

Is there a morale cost to this character? I guess it could be used to prevent morale drain if you're predicting a fieldwipe

Online mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2017, 07:51:47 PM »

Is there a morale cost to this character? I guess it could be used to prevent morale drain if you're predicting a fieldwipe
No moral cost or mana cost stats do not count as a a buff in cast of humble is a default character. If it gets haste it gets to pick like called shot where it goes or if it gets both charge and vig it gets to pick eather again like called shot.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2017, 06:35:48 PM »
Name: Not The Calamity
Faction/Purity: Factionless
Type: Artifact
Rarity: Epic
Cost: 10
Rules Text: Sacrifice Silfurstar, The Fallen Crusader. All deployed characters you control that die as a result of combat damage while attacking, will raise from the graveyard next turn and kill the character that killed them. If this card is in play, the ability "The Calamity" will have no effect.
Flavor Text: What Calamity?
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Vuurjopi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2017, 10:13:03 AM »
Hello contesters,

The cdc will close in 12 hours from now. It depends on your time zone at what exact time that happens.
I will build a great wall and the exiles will pay for it! ~ Gao Han

Offline MSchildorfer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2017, 04:40:30 PM »
Rules Text:
Faction/Purity: 1 FD and 1 CoV
Rules Text:

I changed the Faction requirement to limit the kinds of decks it can be used in. Also I want to note as there was some confusion. Yes, the cards in your Hand keep Charge allowing you to set up for later turns.

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2017, 05:24:01 PM »
Name: Altar of the Sacred Cow
Faction/Purity: Factionless
Type: Location
Rarity: Legendary
Cost: 6
Rules Text:
Sacrifice a Flame Dawn Character you control: Create a 4/2 Cow Aspirant with charge.
Sacrifice a Descendant of the Dragon Character you control: create a 2/8 Cow Defender with vigilance
Sacrifice a Cult of Verore Character you control: Create a 2/2 Death Cow with "Whenever an enemy character is destroyed Death Cow gains +1/+1"
Sacrifice a Warpath Character you control: Create a 9/8 One of Many Cows with Unstoppable.
Sacrifice a Genesis Character you control: Create a 2/2 Unending Cow with "At the start of each turn Unending Cow raises one other Unending Cow from your graveyard to you support zone."
Sacrifice a Sleepers of Avarrach Character you control: Create a 4/4 Cow Horde with "Cow Horde gets +1/+1 for each other Cow in you graveyard."
Sacrifice an Exiles Character you control: Create a 6/6 Cow Devil with Consume 2 
Sacrifice an Overseers of Solace Character you control: Create a 5/5 Cow of Solace with Flying.
Sacrifice a Factionless Character you control: Create a Cowmmando.

Flavor Text: Moooo! More cow bell!!

Well, we all know that where IW comes up short is its lack of cows. So here's a card to help those heifers out! A mid-game location drop for Cow decks that also requires them to splash a purity to use (or use Time for Fun, Rift or for the sneaky play ... Zuza!). Sacrifice your faction Characters to create a new kind of Cow in your support zone (all of the created characters are Cow Subtype and will be created in the support zone). Help out those Cowmmandos! Create a cow army! MOOOOO!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:25:39 PM by TameRlane »
MAY ALL YOUR PENTA PACKS HAVE LEGENDS AND MAY ALL YOUR RIFT RUNS BE REWARDING!
Author, Editor, Head Researcher, and Chief Interviewer of The IW Player's Profiles