Author Topic: Some nice ideas for infinity wars  (Read 199 times)

Offline Number11

• View Profile
Some nice ideas for infinity wars
« on: April 19, 2017, 12:12:02 AM »
Here are some ides that can benefit infinity wars.

Lets start with one very good idea and that is to add and show a total morale cost of a deck. In the deck builder we have info for things like total number of cards and a power curve on the deck we are building. It would be super useful to be able to see the total morale cost of your deck at one glance. It should not be all that hard to implement. The total morale cost of a deck would be the sum of the morale cost of all characters in command and deck. This info would be very useful as you will be able to see with one number how vulnerable you are to a deck that aims for a morale win.

The next idea is for draft. Some card are removed from draft due to the needing of multiple copies of the card and the unreliability of drawing more than one copy of the card. Here is an idea that can make them a viable pick in draft. Lets say you get Unified Protector or Best Fiends in draft, what if when you pick the card you get two more copies of the card into the deck and skip the next two common or uncommon picks. Or for Unending Drone you get lets say 4 more copies. Of course you could limit the card to only show up for the first X turns when you have not yet picked the card before and if you pick the card it will have a higher chance to show up again than other cards in the same rarity. This could help make these cards more viable in draft.

Add a fanservice faction with appealing art to draw in more players. No wait scratch that idea :P

So what do you guys think about those two ideas?

Offline Prince of Lies

• View Profile
Re: Some nice ideas for infinity wars
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 07:00:51 PM »
Maybe actually get new sets every 2, 3 or 4 months?
Or do some crossover-ish cards like make fairytale-inspired cards or pop culture-based cards not unlike what Yu-Gi-Oh does?
Like, who wouldn't want to play a game with some familiar-ish faces on card art which looks intriguing? "A Flame Dawn princess named Cinderella with Charge and Flame Strike? Funny and not unheard of but worth a try."
"A Genesis Industries musician-based character that has a flavor text from a Rihanna song. Somewhat amusing."
"Some lightsaber-wielding Factionless character whose flavor text says 'This is not a Jedi mind trick' but has an effect that moves and entangles a target character for one turn. A bad attempt at an even worse pun but I guess I could check it out."

I'm sure there were more players during the time when Star Trek cards were on sale and whatever.
So why can't there be a little injection of pop culture to draw more players in?
I mean, the art's been pretty good anyway. Gameplay a bit confusing but if anime art card games can reel people in, I don't see why IW can't.
This is, of course, without considering the disappointing rate that updates come along. Not to say the balance changes and updates recently were a bad thing but there's nothing for new players to look forward other than getting stomped by other players.

Honestly, if I wasn't bent on collecting new cards, I would have quit again by now.
Thank RNG for draft mode even if I suck at it.
At least new card acquisition is not at all lost.

Offline Number11

• View Profile
Re: Some nice ideas for infinity wars
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 10:48:44 PM »
Yeah updates are disappointingly slow and the top things I would like to see added to the game are an auction house and an in-game bug report button. Players have been asking for an in game marketplace for years now and lightmare still has not added a marketplace to the game. ES did list the in-game bug report button as something they will move on to making at some point. However the progression for the game has been painfully slow.