Author Topic: Infinity Wars Avatar Contest - Results  (Read 1774 times)

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
Infinity Wars Avatar Contest - Results
« on: March 28, 2017, 08:15:45 PM »
Hey guys, Welcome to the Official IW Avatar Design Contest!

The Infinity Wars community has always been a place of creativity and inspiration, whether it's card design, artwork, videos or guides and lore.

Should you have an unquenchable desire to make artwork that is your own personal representation of something, here's your way to do it for IW.

This is my way of letting you express that and get rewarded for it.

How does it work?

You'll create an Avatar of your own, based on Infinity Wars themes. Doesn't have to be an existing character, doesn't have to be anything in-game if you don't want it to be. It just has to be Infinity Wars themed images.

Players can submit multiple images, I will create a list of all the submissions for us to vote on without revealing the artist until a winner is chosen to keep complete anonymity.

How long do I have?

Submissions will close on March 19th. So make sure you post your submission on or before that date.

How do I submit my masterpiece?

Through this Google Form. Submissions must be presented in a Square Shape in any size.

When the winners are selected I'll contact you to export your image in a 512x512 resolution, the resolution that our Avatars use.

*Dimensions for submissions aren't important so long as it's a square, just remember that you're creating an Avatar, and you'll have to keep in mind that your image will have to look good as a smaller 512x512

Please remember to use a simple link to your image such as Imgur or something of that nature.

*you don't have to be a master artist to submit an entry, this will be more of a creativity and vision contest rather than skill with a drawing pad.

What do we get for rewards?

Grand Prize

Your avatar will be given to your account for you to show off to the world. On top of that, you have the option of telling us what you'd like done with your Avatar. Do you want it put in the store to be sold? Do you want it given to you and your friends? You tell us. You will also receive 5000 Lightmare Points!

Runner up

Your avatar will be credited to your account for you to show off to the world, and you'll get 2500 Lightmare Points for your awesome effort!

I'll be monitoring the submissions every day and compiling them to show off to the community once March 19th rolls around. Once submissions are closed I'll make another post for all of you to vote on who you think deserves to win!

Official voting:

Every user may vote for their Top 2 submissions, that means you have 2 votes to use. Vote wisely.

For the record, I will not be disclosing the username of the artist that submitted the content until after the winners have been chosen. This is done for both the sake of fairness in popularity, as well as promoting an open discussion for all of you.

If you are someone who submitted artwork, please do not take credit for your piece until after voting has closed.

Results:
Grand Prize:

Chalkbot with his Splitter-lite Avatar

Chalkbot's Avatar will be granted to his account and will receive 5000 Lightmare Points.

Chalkbot decided to make his Avatar available for everyone for 21 IP in the store.

Runner up:

Nothingtolose7 (NTL) with his Golden Mask Avatar

NTL's Avatar will be granted to his account and will receive 2500 Lightmare Points.

We had some amazing avatar submissions, thanks for all the participants!  ;D
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
Re: Infinity Wars Avatar Contest - Results
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 08:24:19 PM »
These 2 were very good. Congrats to both of you!

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 12:00:16 AM »
Congrats guys! love the new avatars!
MAY ALL YOUR PENTA PACKS HAVE LEGENDS AND MAY ALL YOUR RIFT RUNS BE REWARDING!
Author, Editor, Head Researcher, and Chief Interviewer of The IW Player's Profiles

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 04:10:48 AM »
Out of curiosity... why 21 IP? Just wondering why he settled on that specific number lol
Goose got me loose!

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 10:37:55 AM »
Out of curiosity... why 21 IP? Just wondering why he settled on that specific number lol
21 is the answer for the formula shown in the avatar (BitCoin formula)
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 07:51:56 AM »
This is fake news. If anything the avatar should be 21 million IP.

"Bitcoin difficulty is an estimate about how difficult it is to mine (find) a new bitcoin block. Bitcoin mining has two main purposes. One is adding transactions to the bitcoin block chain. The other purpose is to create new bitcoins. The total number of bitcoins that will ever be mined is limited to 21 million."

I also reversed the image to see the formula that the Splitter Lite wrote, and it doesn't make sense.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 07:56:40 AM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 08:33:41 AM »
Thanks Ori that explains it very clearly :)
Goose got me loose!