Author Topic: [Suggestions]Give us more control over the game and add more funny stuff :)  (Read 236 times)

Toffyfox

Hello there!
I want to talk about my first impressions of this game and my ideas how to improve it for people like me (maybe not for everyone cause we do have different opinions about improvement).

Imagine following situations:
1. You are the proud owner of three little bomb bots, ready to explode. But using all of them would be a waste and you have also an upgrade for one of them. Every round the game asks you if you want to prevent bomb bot from exploding...
How do you distinguish between them? All of them are bomb bots and you want to keep two of three during your next round but the third one has to be a specific one and not the same little robot you want to augment next turn.

Suggestion:
Show the image of the specific unit and light it up where ever it is on the field. I think there are several more cards with similar game mechanic which also need this help. It is silly to think that I can't distinguish between my bomb bots, but the game makes this very hard for me especially if I forgot who was the first dude and in which order their calls are made.

2. A crowded zone, full of units and some of them have abilities and some other want to be ordered... This is not a problem if you have like 10 units, but at some point I can't click on a specific unit and have no chance to activate its ability.

Suggestion: Make a button thing or something similar at the corner of every zone. Make it invisible til your mouse hovers over it. You click on it and you can see a vertical list of all of your cards in that zone.

3. I like gambling, for fun and without any use of real money. There is a card called "Time for Fun" - add 20 randomly chosen cards into your deck. I like the idea behind this card. You may add a faction-less unit with a "gambling" effect. Like a gambler who uses X to draw a random card from the game. It is not for... competition, but I would play a gambler deck just for fun and entertaining even if I loose 3 of 4 matches with it (it would still be better as most of my decks xD).

4. I want this card so bad!!! Where can I get that one? :(.... This was my first impression after seeing some cards I do not have but want. Trading is the first answer for that but what is... if you do not find anyone for that or do not have a card you can give in return? You may think about a solution... my suggestion is:
Card x is included here and there and also there... or only during events or what ever :D

5. My first battles were unfair and demotivating. You do not have a chance to stand against a veteran player without any experience and good cards in your deck. This might be frustrating for some people and the community is there to help. I think that a lot of players new how the first decks of newlings look and some of them started to talk with me, very nice people and something you do not have in other games. But you may prepare the people better for this! :)

Suggestion: A mentoring system is too hard to implement but you may allow observers during a game. Someone who can see how you play and may give you some advice. It is also less frustrating if you have somebody on your side instead of facing a loss alone. Of course the viewer can only see what you do and not peek on the enemies card. But an experienced player can see what you do and may give you a hint (not play the game for you at all).

Thank you for your attention and I know... my ideas aren't the best but you may think about it. Maybe in a next version of this game or a new card-game-project.

Greetings
Toffyfox

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hey toffyfox! cool ideas!

whats your ign?

p.s.  ;D can we sing the doom song now!?  :P
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 04:47:13 PM by TameRlane »
MAY ALL YOUR PENTA PACKS HAVE LEGENDS AND MAY ALL YOUR RIFT RUNS BE REWARDING!
Author, Editor, Head Researcher, and Chief Interviewer of The IW Player's Profiles

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
5. My first battles were unfair and demotivating. You do not have a chance to stand against a veteran player without any experience and good cards in your deck. This might be frustrating for some people and the community is there to help. I think that a lot of players new how the first decks of newlings look and some of them started to talk with me, very nice people and something you do not have in other games. But you may prepare the people better for this!

It's a given as new player with basic deck you can't beat those who play longer and own better deck, I would recommend for every new player to save 18k points to get store deck, those are well build and you can see it as investment cause you will win more using it  :)
Also they contain stable cards for each faction, so you will build decent collection getting each for every faction, together with decks from campaigns.
You can also ask on global chat is there another new player to have match with him, or other players to not use strongest decks. If you want to learn more, some guys can give you advices, also join discord group to seek help and such.
There's no way around learning curve, you have to lose games in order to learn.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:25:16 PM by NTL »

Offline MakinoMane

• View Profile
Hello Toffyfox! Feel free to message me in game, on discord, or even on twitch! My name is VertuHonagan on all mediums, so if you need help just feel free to ask! Now don't take any of this harshly, but I'm going to comment on some of your suggestions! Any of the ones that I don't comment on, I think are great as is!

2. I don't think your solution is quite amicable, your idea is on the right track though. I do have a few suggestions to improve upon that! A vertical list would be a little more confusing, I think it should bring up a window similar to the one that pops up when you overcharge a card. However, in this window, when you click a card, 3 options appear. An option to move to assault zone, defense zone, or support zone. Then within that zone you can hand move them the way it currently works.

3. This suggestion is already in the game! However, it is not a character ability it is an actual ability! Get your hands on 40 copies of the card called uncontrolled rift, throw in 3 wealthy nobles in command zone and you got yourself the deck you're wanting to use! And, if I'm not mistaken, this fun deck is also one of the weekly decks! (Unless they have removed it as I never actually use these decks.)

5. In the current state of the game, this is actually impossible due to the coding. That being said, there is however a way for you to have us veterans view your game, and help give you advice! All you have to do is stream the game on Twitch and those of us active veterans that stream this game and support other streamers will be more than happy to help you out! You can also come watch us stream this game! The main 3 that you should check out are: Genmole, TheGravecrawler, and InfinityWarsTCG (the main channel for Infinity Wars).

Just keep in mind one thing, even though we are all veteran players, we all make mistakes and we all have a different thought on how things should be played. In all of these instances there are no correct answers! You could make what you think is the best play for you, however the opponent could do something completely unexpected and completely throw off your game! That's the joy of this game and makes every game very different, and even gets us vets debating what to for that turn!

Best of luck out there rift runner!