Author Topic: So... About "humans are dead"  (Read 258 times)

Offline Vuurjopi

• View Profile
So... About "humans are dead"
« on: March 07, 2017, 12:57:02 PM »
This card seems to be a light GI equivalent of the martyr cards (most notably: martyr of death). This was the only epic GI received in rebellion and there were no legendarys.

So I got a few problems with the "humans are dead"

1. It's quality is in no way near the other legendarys and epics of the same set (except Grimmish, but even he receives more play). It's way to expensive to play, and at the time you can play it, there are a lot of better alternatives in almost any case.

2. It's rather... childish. I get how Genesis is kinda the less serious faction. "We got these crazy scientists, and when they don't work, we give them a jetpack" I could giggle at the first time I read the flavor of the GI cards, but this one is really overdoing it.

3. The lore! Did the robots finally make an uprise against the humans? I'm really curious although this card seems to make a laugh out of something that could completely change how Genesis stands, in a lore point of view.

So, what about lowering the cost of the card? And maybe have a little cooler flavor text for a card that could define the future of a faction?
I will build a great wall and the exiles will pay for it! ~ Gao Han

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: So... About "humans are dead"
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 10:32:07 AM »
Hey Vuurjopi,

Thank you for your feedback, we will review this card again in the near future.
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 12:13:44 PM »
Yeah the lore in this game is total trash. But Id say this may just be a small incident of robots rebelling. Even so that's not how robots would talk unless they were specifically programmed to do so. And it would require extensive development or mimicking of human culture that tbh GI robots shouldnt be advanced enough to do.

Would be interesting to have a full on Artificial Life faction though. Other than Sleepers that is.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 12:15:50 PM by Hiding »

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 04:46:46 PM »
I think there was indeed a (very small) hint in Genesis Construct flavor text that GI robots might take over one day.

I also would guess robots rebelling aren't quite following their original programming anymore anyways. However, the flavor makes the card appear rather goofy instead of serious story telling.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:50:55 PM by ToxicShadow »