Author Topic: [CDC] Minorities [CLOSED]  (Read 963 times)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] Minorities
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 03:11:47 AM »
I only ever have 1 submission. Rules will have to be more clear if you dont want me to post ideas Im considering.

Anyone can use any concepts im working on including my final submission as the rules dont state you cant. Of course being an exact copy is an issue for judging purposes so having variations may be required then let the judge decide which idea is better.

This is all assuming someone happens to come up with the exact same idea as me or wants to copy my idea. If final submissions are exactly the same, then have the judge decide who wins [if they happen to win] I suggest using the earliest date editted.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:55:30 AM by Hiding »

Offline Prince of Lies

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 10:05:58 AM »
Name: Collapsing Fusion
Faction/Purity: 3 Cult of Verore
Type: Unique Ability
Rarity: Epic
Cost: 12
Morale: N/A
Attack/Health: N/A

Rules Text:
This card's cost is halved if a Unique Character you control was sent to the Graveyard in the previous turn.
At the end of this turn when you activate this card, remove all cards on the Battlefield and Support Zone.
Create an X/X Aberration with Consume 2 in your Support Zone, where X is the number of cards removed in this manner.

Flavor Text:
Despite failing to take over the Cult of Verore after Aleta's disappearance, Candit prepared one last measure in the possibility that she would lose her life in her feud against Rita. As the pool of her blood seeped through the stone tiles of Veroria and into the soil, it activated her spell that she had cast on the very land itself, consuming the entire infrastructure and those within it in an implosion.
The aftermath of the incident was something no one should ever witness.

6 cost deploy clear is a bit much. It even gives you a character

Edited. I forgot about being able to Devil's Bargain away an Aleta or blocking with a Candit and being able to cut the cost down to 4 with Acolyte of the Altar for an early Calamity Junior.

Offline Vuurjopi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 12:23:15 PM »
Name: Verore experimentalist
Faction/Purity: 2x Verore
Type: Human
Rarity: rare
Cost: 4
Morale: 9
Attack/Health: 8/8

Rules Text: When Verore experimentalist would kill a character, that character instead becomes a 0/5 aberration that deals 3 damage to all characters in the same zone at the end of each turn. It cannot be moved.
Verore experimentalist gains +1/+1 for each aberration in play.
I will build a great wall and the exiles will pay for it! ~ Gao Han

Offline k10000

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2017, 08:46:28 AM »
Aleta, inmortal aberration

purity: 1 Exiles/1 CoV
cost: 5 resources
attack: 6
HP:16
Type: human aberration

Effect: If Aleta, inmortal aberration has been on the grave for 6 turns, she raises to your support zone
Pay 1: discard a card, aleta deals that card's resource cost as damage to a random character}

Lore: After being imprisioned for so long, Vasir felt that returning Aleta the favor was not enough revenge.
He weakened her through torture and cast her into the deepest pits of torment, where the most vile demons inhabit.
When she came out, demons had fused with her body and soul.
Now she struggles constantly to avoid the demons fully taking control of her.
Unfortunately for her, Vasir still isn't satisfied.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2017, 09:24:19 AM »

Effect: If Aleta, inmortal aberration has been on the grave for 6 turns, she raises to your support zone
Pay 1: discard a card, aleta deals that card's resource cost as damage to a random character}

Lore: After being imprisioned for so long, Vasir felt that returning Aleta the favor was not enough revenge.
He weakened her through torture and cast her into the deepest pits of torment, where the most vile demons inhabit.

I feel make it random deployed opponent character. And have the cost increased? I dont like the idea of discarding cards to have her hit herself in the face. This way she actually has a purpose not just be some rage inducing pointless card.

Offline BardockSSJL

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 02:55:46 AM »
Name:
Flame Spitter Golem

Faction/Purity:
2 Flame Dawn

Type:
Character - Elemental

Rarity:
Rare

Cost:

Morale:

Attack/Health:
3/16

Rules Text:
Flame Spitter Golem cannot become inmolated.
If Flame Spitter Golem is deployed, it is in the defense zone.
When Flame Spitter Golem is damaged, it deals X damage to your opponent's fortress, where X is Flame Spitter Golem's current power. If the damage source is a character, it doesn't receive combat damage. Instead it becomes imolated receiving X damage at the end of each turn.

Flavor Text:
Those who faced him died without him even lifting one finger.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 04:05:16 AM »
Name:
Flame Spitter Golem

Faction/Purity:
2 Flame Dawn

Type:
Character - Elemental

Rarity:
Rare

Cost:

Morale:

Attack/Health:
3/16

Rules Text:
When Flame Spitter Golem is damaged, it deals X damage to your opponent's fortress, where X is Flame Spitter Golem's current power. If the damage source is a character, it doesn't receive combat damage. Instead it becomes imolated receiving X damage at the end of each turn.

Flavor Text:

If it cant be immolated how is it supposed to be immolated for the second part of his ability?

Offline BardockSSJL

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2017, 11:56:16 PM »
Name:
Flame Spitter Golem

Faction/Purity:
2 Flame Dawn

Type:
Character - Elemental

Rarity:
Rare

Cost:

Morale:

Attack/Health:
3/16

Rules Text:

Flavor Text:

If it cant be immolated how is it supposed to be immolated for the second part of his ability?

The one who would be inmolated instead of receiving damage is not the golem. The one who would become inmolated is the character who dealt damage to the golem.

Offline k10000

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 08:52:58 AM »

I feel make it random deployed opponent character. And have the cost increased? I dont like the idea of discarding cards to have her hit herself in the face. This way she actually has a purpose not just be some rage inducing pointless card.

the idea of the card is making the exile mechanic a tiny little bit more reliable (i am tired of having 4 disciples in hand and getting my demonize or other key ability discarded), while still having that lovely exiles 's randomness. She may hit herself in the face, she also may hit your enemy 's characters, even commanders, you can at least control how much damage is dealt by selecting the card... now that i think of it, it should be twice the cost as damage, otherwise, it's way too irrelevant

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 09:23:05 AM »
Hiding

ToxicShadow

Number11

ecliptix

NTL

TameRlane

marvelouschester

MakinoMane

Prince of Lies

belial12

Vuurjopi

k10000

BardockSSJL

Well those are the entries and winners are:

3rd

2nd

1st

Congratulations to the winners!
Hope you get good cards from the prizes!

If you don't want to host the next contest just send a pm to the next runner up and ask if they would be willing to do it instead.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:18:27 PM by NatoPotato »

Offline MakinoMane

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 01:04:39 PM »
MakinoMane

It was more of a play on words, as coward is someone that is scared and afraid. However, my cow was actually a ward, which means to guard a protect. Pretty much the more damage the people he was guarding took, the more powerful he got to better protect them. :)

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2017, 02:31:28 PM »
So, it's been a week now. Any updates on the next challenge?

Offline Vuurjopi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 08:55:51 PM »
Bardock hasn't contacted me. I also don't have a good idea present for a contest or anything. Do you want to do it?
I will build a great wall and the exiles will pay for it! ~ Gao Han

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 12:37:51 PM »
I could host the next challenge if everyone else is okay with that.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 12:55:49 PM by Number11 »

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 03:41:03 PM »
I could host the next challenge if everyone else is okay with that.

Sure, if you have a good idea for a challenge and want to host it, then it is all yours :).

I have to admit that i wouldn't have a good idea for a challenge right away.