Author Topic: Legend Balance Changes  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: Legend Balance Changes
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 03:10:41 AM »
Untouchable 3live sol sounds scary to me with marina

Offline Candit

• "I make this game, James." #Poga
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 06:11:40 AM »
I think the untouchable aspect of Marina is meant as a nerf to prevent combos like splat.
"Please cease with the bumping of this particular issue." #The_Universe

Offline Lautrec

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 07:57:33 AM »
GAO Han's text are both the same...
I am free. Now I can get back to work... Keh heh heh heh...

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 08:20:25 AM »
GAO Han's text are both the same...

He got a stat buff. Doesn't really make the clunky purity restriction worth it, but he'll be better if people do play him.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 05:05:42 PM »
Great stuff! thanks for all the hard work.

now I'm looking forward for the epic cards adjustment, so hyped for that one too.

Offline Prince of Lies

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 07:04:56 PM »
Seeing as he is a Champion of Force, why not give him Unstoppable and/or Bloodthirst?
Or increase his cost to 9 and stats to 15/15, give him Haste and Indestructible while on the Battlefield?

Also, with Hinekri, I'm not sure if it would be better to give her the effect of "becoming exhausted and reverting to her base stats instead of being killed by combat damage" instead of "retreating each time she engages in combat".
Either that or at least get her to raise the Diseased character regardless if her Disease killed it or another card effect or another character.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts.

Indestructible in defense is stupid as hell.

Indestructible unstoppable is pretty dangerous and his cost would have to be really adjusted for it.

Well, he could just be 11 Cost, Indestructible on the Battlefield and have Unstoppable in the Assault Zone for the lulz.
And maybe give conditions for his Unstoppable i.e. if he attacks alone ala Raziel and Radariah.

I wish Gao Han, Ascended would reduce damage from all sources by 4 like Daode's Honor Guard too.
That would at least give some viability to HP buffing Angel token strategies as 1 Descendants and 2 Overseers is pretty lackluster in options.
My tunnel vision only shows me: a.) Host to the Ancestor and the Monks with Overseer protective cards or b.) Melosia Morale burn.

On a side note, when is Irial going to be allowed to work in Command Zone?

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 09:19:16 PM »
Some of the changes seem to be a bit simple considering how long these cards have been in need of changes.
I mean did it really take YEARS to come up with the idea to decrease Hinekri's the cost by 1?  I'd rather have a complete rework of her than have a lazy change like this.

I think you've misunderstood the purpose of these changes. These changes aren't meant to completely reshape the meta. It's just improving underused cards so that their power level is more in line with everything else.

For this purpose, the simple changes are the best changes.

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 12:00:37 AM »
Some of the changes seem to be a bit simple considering how long these cards have been in need of changes.
I mean did it really take YEARS to come up with the idea to decrease Hinekri's the cost by 1?  I'd rather have a complete rework of her than have a lazy change like this.

I think you've misunderstood the purpose of these changes. These changes aren't meant to completely reshape the meta. It's just improving underused cards so that their power level is more in line with everything else.

I would agree if such changes affected cards of lesser rarity, but for legendaries those are unimaginative at best. I can understand lack of creativity, but what with 'no for reshape the meta' thing? Isn't purpose of highest rarity cards are to be strong thus desired? Should we not feel disappointed seeing Hinekri's cost decreased by 1 after so long time of being completely useless for example? Do reshaping the meta is not something that should happen and keep (card) games alive?
Also I dislike the fact that another factionless legendary is made so useful.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 12:59:06 AM »
I like your sig pic NTL  ::)
Goose got me loose!

Offline Sephorin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 01:27:14 AM »
I can understand lack of creativity, but what with 'no for reshape the meta' thing? Isn't purpose of highest rarity cards are to be strong thus desired?

I would love to see more creativity.  :)

But I do not think that a rarer card should necessarily be a more powerful card. A rarer card should be a more complex card.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 02:22:26 AM »
Doesnt hinekri poison stack now or something

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 03:29:30 AM »
These Legendary changes are shallow and pedantic.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 04:41:04 AM »

Exactly, it was about giving the legends a simple buff, balancing them a bit and making them more in line with the rest of them rather than performing a complete overhaul.
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline Prince of Lies

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 04:55:55 AM »
If the point of the card changes was to make them more viable, I think the developers should have gone with a more in-depth approach. Maybe even a rework.
Making them more viable means getting them to contend with the current meta. If the purpose of the buffs/nerfs was not that, then I may need to be enlightened for whatever the reason was.

A lot of their effects are underwhelming at best.
And even with their proposed changes, I can tell you less than 10% will even give them a go on Normals because a lot of you long-time players like cheesing each other with high-end decks of token gen or some variation of a low-cost long-term buff strategy. That or the stall control Verore decks.
So even then, much of these rebalances will see no use. Except Marina and, to a lesser extent, Tygris and Die Another Day. Unless I missed something...

Does the management of this game even care anymore?
It's like this rebalancing was merely done to show people active on the forums "Nope, we're not dead yet. We're still alive. So let's entertain you guys with some changes you might not even care about".

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 09:29:42 AM »
Does the management of this game even care anymore?
It's like this rebalancing was merely done to show people active on the forums "Nope, we're not dead yet. We're still alive. So let's entertain you guys with some changes you might not even care about".

I wouldn't go that far, but nonetheless these changes are unremarkable.
It seems people responsible for such rebalance failed to notice expectations of players and what being the rarest card should mean. Their approach is like: nah, this card was always trash, it can't be made strong now. So we have Gao Han left in odd and extremely limited purities with only stats tweak. That pharmaceutical precision is painfully obvious, though factionless Marina is blessed with powerful effect, can someone kind from balance team explain it to me?  :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:07:52 AM by NTL »