Author Topic: Legend Balance Changes  (Read 2416 times)

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
Legend Balance Changes
« on: February 27, 2017, 01:35:18 AM »
Hey guys, here are the upcoming changes, keep in mind that we will monitor these changes in the upcoming weeks and will tweak some of them if necessary.
*The changes are scheduled to go to live soon, and hopefully will be implemented by the end of the week after we have all the minor bugs fixed.

https://imgur.com/a/kxiGC

*Some texts on these cards are incomplete/require further changes before they go live such as:

- Die Another Day: will no longer be removed from the game but will be unique instead.
- Some typos in Marina's text
- AC Hellbringer: His ability will trigger at the end of the turn (and not at the start of the next turn)

*Further balance plans: next the balance team will be focusing on various OP and problematic cards both constructed and Draft, once we're done with that, we will move to re-balancing the Epic cards.

What do you think about these changes? any feedback will be greatly appreciated  :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 01:43:42 AM by ES [BoD] »
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
Re: Legend Balance Changes
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 01:45:09 AM »
I really like most of the changes here. I am concerned about Marina though. She seems pretty problematic in her current state. Untouchable + revive is a very, very powerful effect for 2 cost.

It might be time to take a break from draft and make some new decks now!

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 02:48:21 AM »
Aberion seems pretty weak still.

Offline Prince of Lies

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 07:00:06 AM »
Seeing as he is a Champion of Force, why not give him Unstoppable and/or Bloodthirst?
Or increase his cost to 9 and stats to 15/15, give him Haste and Indestructible while on the Battlefield?

Also, with Hinekri, I'm not sure if it would be better to give her the effect of "becoming exhausted and reverting to her base stats instead of being killed by combat damage" instead of "retreating each time she engages in combat".
Either that or at least get her to raise the Diseased character regardless if her Disease killed it or another card effect or another character.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 10:23:22 AM »
Seeing as he is a Champion of Force, why not give him Unstoppable and/or Bloodthirst?
Or increase his cost to 9 and stats to 15/15, give him Haste and Indestructible while on the Battlefield?

Also, with Hinekri, I'm not sure if it would be better to give her the effect of "becoming exhausted and reverting to her base stats instead of being killed by combat damage" instead of "retreating each time she engages in combat".
Either that or at least get her to raise the Diseased character regardless if her Disease killed it or another card effect or another character.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts.

Indestructible in defense is stupid as hell.

Indestructible unstoppable is pretty dangerous and his cost would have to be really adjusted for it.

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 12:24:59 PM »
I like the changes. As for Vasir, his effect is much better as you don't have to sacrifice. Given that he also had a cost reduction to 9 and he is a hybrid card I would think he needs some reduction in power and health. I am also interested to know if Evellee can still pull out multiple copies of unique characters. I would like her to not ignore the unique keyword.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 12:28:51 PM by Number11 »

Offline Candit

• "I make this game, James." #Poga
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 06:41:51 PM »
A nerf for recruiter? No thanks. They forgot to make Sol four cost. The card pool can now easily handle him with all these transform effects. Even gi has permanent removal!

"Please cease with the bumping of this particular issue." #The_Universe

Offline Vuurjopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 08:31:46 PM »
All new version of cards seem to be soulbound.
Does this mean that all legendary's I have now won't be tradable anymore? Or is it just a little design flaw?
I will build a great wall and the exiles will pay for it! ~ Gao Han

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 08:40:56 PM »
All new version of cards seem to be soulbound.
Does this mean that all legendary's I have now won't be tradable anymore? Or is it just a little design flaw?

Cause of the Pics?

Thats just cause the cards do only exist on PBE (well, its more CBE i think?!) right now. So far, all cards that got nerfed/buffed/completly reworked were still tradeable - everything else would be just inacceptable for the whole community :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 08:42:54 PM by OneTwo »

Offline tropireno

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 09:45:45 PM »
Some of the changes seem to be a bit simple considering how long these cards have been in need of changes.
I mean did it really take YEARS to come up with the idea to decrease Hinekri's the cost by 1?  I'd rather have a complete rework of her than have a lazy change like this.

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 10:55:16 PM »
A nerf for recruiter? No thanks. They forgot to make Sol four cost. The card pool can now easily handle him with all these transform effects. Even gi has permanent removal!

There is no guarantee that you get said removal in rift run and sol is still a strong card and does not need cost decrease. You also have to consider that overseers now have counter spell, angel's protection and untouchable mechanics in general. And the new ways that you can power up your champions without targeting them you can buff him at the same time you protect him with a card like angel's protection.

As for recruiter, the unique keyword can be used for balance sake when making cards and should stop you from stacking them for some broken effect. Having it being a cards strength to ignore a balancing aspect of the game is not a good idea and will limit what sort of cards can be made if the creator of a card has to take recruiter into account when making balanced cards. The change that is being made will allow for the use of surprise unstoppable character in assault, shieldbearer in defense and so on. If that is not enough then the card should be buffed in other way than to be able to ignore unique.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 10:57:51 PM by Number11 »

Offline Candit

• "I make this game, James." #Poga
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 11:16:44 PM »
Sol is still a nonissue but I see you point on the counterspells. The unique rule bypass comes with the cost of one factionless purity and there are ways to deal with her. Best of all she is fun and no one else has an issue with her.
"Please cease with the bumping of this particular issue." #The_Universe

Offline Vuurjopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 12:47:15 AM »
Some of the changes seem to be a bit simple considering how long these cards have been in need of changes.
I mean did it really take YEARS to come up with the idea to decrease Hinekri's the cost by 1?  I'd rather have a complete rework of her than have a lazy change like this.

I actually always liked Hinekri, even though playing her was a waste of your resources, it would be a shame to see her effect disappear. Although.. I think that she still wouldn't be really useful after the balancing changes.
I will build a great wall and the exiles will pay for it! ~ Gao Han

Offline PopeShine

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 01:35:02 AM »
All in all, I'd say all of these changes are positive. Brings these legendaries more in line to what their power level should be. The only card that worries me a bit is Marina, but we'll have to wait and see how she plays with the meta.

I really like the tweak to Firestarter. FD needs more control-like elements and this is a nice little twist. Probably not powerful enough for competitive but a good sign.

I don't think these changes turn these legends into competitive staples (except, maybe Mariana), but they at least make you consider them when deckbuilding.

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2017, 02:45:23 AM »
Whelp. Time to abuse Marina for all she's worth before the inevitable nerf!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 02:52:55 AM by ecliptix »
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.