Author Topic: [CDC] The Alliance of Man *CLOSED*  (Read 800 times)

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
[CDC] The Alliance of Man *CLOSED*
« on: February 18, 2017, 06:47:12 AM »
NOTE: To ensure the judging of this is fair and there is no concern of bias I will be slightly changing the rules of this CDC's judging. Instead of judging solo, I will pick the submissions I believe are the top 5 and place them in a poll ON 3/1/17. After this date I will create said poll and reveal the results on 3/4/17. The winner will then create the next challenge as normal.

I am the grand pooh-bah of this CDC. So suck it.

--- Card Design Challenge Rules ---
1) The Judge appoints a challenge, it can be anything, making new card, redesigning an old one or whatever you wish.
2) All that wish to participate submit their card design. Each participant may only submit one entry per challenge, you may however edit your post as many times as you wish till the deadline.
3) If you edit your post you should make an additional post in this thread informing of the edit to make sure that the updated version of the card will be judged. The post should contain the full updated card details as well as a brief summary of what changed from your original submission.
4) After an announced deadline the Judge decides a winner. The winner then becomes the Judge for the next round.
5) All entries submitted before the deadline are guaranteed feedback, either in this thread or in another detailed feedback thread.

PRIZES
1st place: 1 Faction Pack + 2 Collection Packs
2nd place: 2 Collection Packs
3rd place: 1 Collection Pack

SUGGESTED SUBMISSION FORMAT
Name:
Faction/Purity:
Type:
Rarity:
Cost:
Morale:
Attack/Health:
Rules Text:
Flavor Text:

Challenge: Create a FD/DoD hybrid Human card that could be a focal point for the identity of a FD/DoD purity deck that is viable in the meta. Submissions will be judged for the final poll based on creativity, balance and synergy.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 03:45:55 PM by ecliptix »
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
Re: [CDC] The Alliance of Man
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 09:14:02 AM »
NOTE: To ensure the judging of this is fair and there is no concern of bias I will be slightly changing the rules of this CDC's judging. Instead of judging solo, I will pick the submissions I believe are the top 5 and place them in a poll.
If you believe you may be biased, what will this change? You will be biased on 5 submissions instead of 3, also poll can be easily manipulated - I don't say that will happen, but since there is such possibility and you can simply prevent it by judging as usual, take responsibility IMO.

As for Challenge, you may want to clarify what does FD/DoD mean - hybrid, dual faction, something else?

Online Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 10:30:18 AM »

Alliance Taskmaster
1p DoD + 1p FD
4 cost
7 morale
Character- Human

Exhaust: Move target deployed Human character you control to target zone. This can only be used if deployed.

11/7
---

A more killable Bell that can bump people into the assault zone and support zone as well. Basically gives one Human per turn Vigilance or Charge. Note this can be used to bump a card with vigilance into the assault zone and vice versa. Health was made 7 because played from command, he can be on tempo for an aggro deck while also retreating for a useful ability so I made it so most 3 drops can trade evenly with him.

This card fixes a lot of flaws with Herald of the Dawn and Fiery Ascension in that this card can be played then used later rather than immediately having to do something next turn with it. Imagine giving anything in your deck Vigilance or Charge [as long as its a Human]. Not only that, but you can choose to save cards with Charge from recklessly dying by moving them to the support zone.
Not exactly Haste, but pretty damm close [Haste can be used for Exhaust abilities].

Can also be used to evade Mass Death [both offensively and defensively [to block mass death paladins]]

---
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 02:18:37 AM by Hiding »

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 04:38:54 PM »
To clarify the challenge, the card has to have both a FD and DoD purity in it AND be human. Those are the only restrictions. If you can find a way to make that not a creature and have it make sense I'll consider it.

Offline mew28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 05:25:04 PM »
Name: Knight Captain Damion
Faction/Purity: FD 2 DoD1
Type: Unique Human
Rarity: Rare
Cost:4
Morale:10
Attack/Health:8/13
Rules Text: Charge
Well Damion is in play all characters with vigilance or charge instead have haste and all humans have +1 attack(Yes this works on him)

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 06:26:05 PM »
As a side note, if people want judging to stay the way it is I can keep it. I just figured people might like having the judging not be so dictatorial.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 06:40:57 PM »
Name: Bob, the Master Strategist
Faction/Purity: 1Dod+1Fd
Type: Character - Human
Cost: 4
Morale: 8
Attack/Health: 6/6
Rules Text: When Bob enters play choose either Charge or Vigilance. All instances of the other keyword on characters in your hand, deck, and graveyard are replaced with the chosen word. If you chose Charge Bob gets +4/+0 and gains Charge. If you chose Vigilance Bob gets +0/+4 and gains Vigilance.

Offline marvelouschester

• Tournament Organizer
  • Down With Big Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 06:46:04 PM »
Name: Fire of the Monk
Faction/Purity: DoD/FD
Type: human
Rarity: common
Cost:5
Morale: 5
Attack/Health: 1/1
Rules Text: when you deploy this card, it gains x/y, where x is the damage given to your opponents fortress and y is the damage taken last turn.
Flavor Text: after seeing the Flame Dawn for the first time, this monk had a fire lit in his belly and nothing seemed to snuff it out
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 07:52:18 PM by marvelouschester »
Hmm...
Oh, let me guess...
Snatched by a shadowy limb, and dragged off to the past?
...Yes, of course.
Exactly what happened to me... heheheh
...We are both strangers in this strange land.
But, at least now there are two of us....

Offline Prince of Lies

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 08:52:23 PM »
Name: A Lady's Double
Faction/Purity: 1 Descendants of the Dragon, 1 Flame Dawn
Type: Character - Human
Cost: 6
Morale: 7
Attack/Health: 2/2
Rules Text:
When this card is deployed, you may remove a deployed Character you control from play.
If a Flame Dawn card was selected, all cards in the enemy's Graveyard are removed from play and any card that would be sent to your enemy's graveyard is removed from play instead until the next turn.
If a Descendants of the Dragon card was selected, all deployed cards are transformed into 5/5 Flying Spirits with Unblockable in addition to leaving the game at the end of this turn.

Flavor Text:
"Kali and Xi have their diehard groupies. But where are your fans, Lucca?" - Taiga

This one's just a throwaway to see how this contest is going to turn out.

Online Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 04:34:54 PM »
Messenger of Victory
purity 1 FD, 1 DoD - Uncommon
2 cost
6 morale cost
Character - Human
2/2

While deployed, if the opponents fortress takes damage and your fortress does not for the turn, give a +2/0 buff to all Humans you control at the end of turn. If Messenger of Victory dies, create a Confidence in Victory in your support zone.

Confidence in Victory
0 cost
Mission

If the opponents fortress takes damage and your fortress does not for the turn, give a +2/0 buff to all Humans you control at the end of turn.

This card is to encourage the player to make use of both offense and defense at the same time. DoD cards are well known to lack power to kill cards while defending. Confidence in Victory should help defending DoD cards in the long run with killing opponent cards while also boost the damage of your attacking FD cards.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 05:50:25 PM by Number11 »

Online Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 05:01:14 PM »
Confidence in Victory
2 cost
Mission

If the opponents fortress takes damage and your fortress does not for the turn, give a +2/0 buff to all character you control at the end of turn.

This card is to encourage the player to make use of both offense and defense at the same time. DoD cards are well known to lack power to kill cards while defending. Confidence in Victory should help defending DoD cards in the long run with killing opponent cards while also boost the damage of your attacking FD cards.

Make sure the mission subtype is human

Online Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 05:54:15 PM »
I have updated my submission without a sub for mission to be type human  :)

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 11:47:38 PM »
Prizes have changed!

Direct your thanks to our glorious leader ES 

Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!
MAY ALL YOUR PENTA PACKS HAVE LEGENDS AND MAY ALL YOUR RIFT RUNS BE REWARDING!
Author, Editor, Head Researcher, and Chief Interviewer of The IW Player's Profiles

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 12:20:21 AM »
Superior Tactician
/
Cost 4
Morale 8
Unique Character - Human
6/8

If Superior Tactician is in the assault zone your first attacker targets the defender with the lowest power, if it is in the defense zone your defender with the highest health blocks the first enemy attacker.

Exhaust, Pay X: Move X characters you control on the battlefield between the assault and defense zones, give them +1/+0 and swap their power and health.

"A squadron lead by this tactician is capable of adapting quickly to the battlefield, defenders can become vicious raiders and attackers stalwart guardians."

By using troop deployment and a bit of DOD magic this guy allows you to use defensive characters offensively and vice versa, deploying a charge/vigilance character and paying 1 extra resource effectively swaps the keyword.

When on the battlefield themselves they can observe things more closely and offer more specialized control, but due to the conditions using the swap ability cancels the passive, you'll need to plan accordingly since you can't use both at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 06:36:08 AM by NatoPotato »

Offline MakinoMane

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 12:27:42 AM »
Name:  Yun, Sage of Balance
Faction/Purity: 1FD/1DoD
Type: Unique - Human
Cost: 3
Morale: 7
Attack/Health: 4/6