Author Topic: [CDC] Forgotten Powers [Closed!]  (Read 1576 times)

Online mew28

• View Profile
Re: [CDC] Forgotten Powers
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 09:04:27 PM »
Name: Dying Knight
Faction/Purity:FD2
Type: Character
Rarity: Common
Cost:3
Morale: 1
Attack/Health:16/1
Rules Text: Flame strike 5
Flavor Text: Teetering on the brink of death, the perfect time for one final heroic strike.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 09:40:20 PM by mew28 »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 05:44:52 AM »
Traitorous Citizen
Faction/Purity: 1 EX
Type: human
Rarity: rare
Cost: 2
Morale: 2
Attack/Health: 0/7
Rules Text: Unblockable, every time Traitorous Citizen attacks, it deals itself 4 damage.
Flavor Text: Even the great wall of Jinhai can't stop the corruption of the mind.

This i more masochist than traitorous. Maybe have him damage its owners fortress when it attacks for traitorous.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 06:41:27 AM »
Card Name : Cystbearer
Card Cost : 3
Morale Cost : 6
Type : Character
Stats : 4/8
Faction : Double SoA Purity

Each time Cystbearer is damaged while deployed it creates a Spore Mine on the Support Zone.

"Go forth and spead the virus my child" Aleta, Immortal Sufferer

Spore Mine
Cost : 1
Morale : 1
Stats : 0/2

When Spore Mine dies on the battlefield every other character on the same zone and the zone opposing it becomes Poisoned taking 1 damage and the end of each turn.

Maybe give spore mine infect? So that in the event that that 1 poison damage kills something, you get it.

Offline MakinoMane

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 05:48:39 PM »
Card Name : Cystbearer
Card Cost : 3
Morale Cost : 6
Type : Character
Stats : 4/8
Faction : Double SoA Purity

Each time Cystbearer is damaged while deployed it creates a Spore Mine on the Support Zone.

"Go forth and spead the virus my child" Aleta, Immortal Sufferer

Spore Mine
Cost : 1
Morale : 1
Stats : 0/2

When Spore Mine dies on the battlefield every other character on the same zone and the zone opposing it becomes Poisoned taking 1 damage and the end of each turn.

Maybe give spore mine infect? So that in the event that that 1 poison damage kills something, you get it.

I dunno, I personally think it's just fine as it is. All you have to do is have Cystbearer in command zone and play Diseased Zombie onto him. You will spawn a Spore Mine at the end of every single turn. Which gives you 8 turns of a free throw away unit against FD rush, just from spore mine alone. Then you add in Hehkeem to pull every spore mine back, and the numbers get really ridiculous really quick. That's just from 1 Cystbearer and 1 Diseased Zombie. Not taking into consideration any other SoA 1-3 drop that you're playing that game.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 06:13:23 PM »
I dunno, I personally think it's just fine as it is. All you have to do is have Cystbearer in command zone and play Diseased Zombie onto him.

You sadly can only target your opponents characters with Diseased Zombie.

Offline MakinoMane

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 09:43:41 PM »
I dunno, I personally think it's just fine as it is. All you have to do is have Cystbearer in command zone and play Diseased Zombie onto him.

Never mind then. I must have missed those patch notes. :)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2017, 05:24:18 AM »

Never mind then. I must have missed those patch notes. :)

Other than the fact diseased zombie cant target your own units, the card also says "while deployed"

I just felt the flavor text doesnt entirely work if it doesnt have infect

Offline Assamit3

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2017, 05:11:57 PM »
Thnx for the commnets

i was thinking of giving cystbearer infect but i thought it was gonna be a bit 2 powerfull at 3cost as a 4/8 with infect.

Not being able to do it from the cmd zone was also important cause i didn't want any future abuses.

The second idea was with the same stats + Infect and an activated ability of 1:Exhuast Create a spore mine on the support zone.. still passive ability seemed like a better idea...

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2017, 03:16:16 AM »
Thnx for the commnets

i was thinking of giving cystbearer infect but i thought it was gonna be a bit 2 powerfull at 3cost as a 4/8 with infect.

Not being able to do it from the cmd zone was also important cause i didn't want any future abuses.

The second idea was with the same stats + Infect and an activated ability of 1:Exhuast Create a spore mine on the support zone.. still passive ability seemed like a better idea...

It doesnt need infect, only the spore mines do. If cystbearer had infect, it would just be a 4/8 with infect which would be a bit powerful considering it can generate spores. But the spores themselves would not have infect.
My suggestion was to only have the spores themselves have infect so their poison would infect things. Which makes sense in regards to your original idea.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:33:33 AM by Hiding »

Offline Assamit3

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2017, 07:06:47 PM »
Well may add infect to spore mines doesn't sound to op ( unless you end up with chain mine effects).
Also this is my creation for Infinity_Disciples card contest... all suggestions r welcome..

http://imgur.com/a/V15c5

Offline tmoua805

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2017, 11:38:09 PM »
Name: Raining Poison Tipped Arrows
Faction/Purity: 2p DoD
Type: Ability
Rarity: uncommon
Cost: 4
Rules Text: All deployed characters your opponent control take 1 damage and are Poisoned, taking one damage at the end of each turn. For each Eagle Eye you have deployed, this ability deals one more damage and adds one more damage to the Poison. 
Flavor Text: "Foolish of them to bring their armies to try to siege our Great Wall"

I main 3p DoD and one problem I see them having is their pressure game. Despite having the Urn and the Spirit and the Avatars, it just ends up not being enough because you also have to defend too which takes a lot of resources making the simultaneous attacking and defending difficult but it is normal because they are a defensive factions so it would only be fair to give them weak pressure game but because of the mostly passive style of play DoD has, this leads to opponents stacking and buffing characters in the support zone until they can one shot you. BUT....how about give them an ability that allows them to mainly focus on defense and still have pressure? Which is the purpose of this card; it is meant to flush out the opponent's army from their support zone so they can attack for once! 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 12:01:30 AM by tmoua805 »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2017, 04:03:22 AM »
Well may add infect to spore mines doesn't sound to op ( unless you end up with chain mine effects).
Also this is my creation for Infinity_Disciples card contest... all suggestions r welcome..

http://imgur.com/a/V15c5
Poison doesnt stack.

Your suggestion kinda turns every match into a FD autowin/draw no matter what by turn 8

Offline Assamit3

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2017, 12:47:06 PM »
Hm... by my estimation τwas an about 8 mana 16 to 20 dmg spell.... more or less like an in faction death blast that costs you your entire board.
I dont think FD has such a big survivability for an expected 40 dmg spell per say. I dont see how you will have and 80dmg army alive in that turn.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 02:07:08 PM by Assamit3 »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2017, 02:33:06 PM »
Hm... by my estimation τwas an about 8 mana 16 to 20 dmg spell.... more or less like an in faction death blast that costs you your entire board.
I dont think FD has such a big survivability for an expected 40 dmg spell per say. I dont see how you will have and 80dmg army alive in that turn.

I feel like we are derailing this thread, shouldnt you submit your idea in http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Infinity_Disciples/discussions/0/135508031947729791/ and discuss it there?

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2017, 04:22:44 PM »

I feel like we are derailing this thread, shouldnt you submit your idea in http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Infinity_Disciples/discussions/0/135508031947729791/ and discuss it there?

I was just going to say that too, but Hiding already beat me to it. :) So yes, please discuss cards for disciples challenge in the corresponding thread and not here.