Card Design Challenge - Forgotten Powers - Contest Closed
Greetings, fellow card designers.
You all know keywords. Abilities that occur so often that they get a standard word to save text on the cards. A prime example would be flying or charge which have a ton of cards connected to them. However, there are some keywords that don't occur often at all. Time to change that:
Design a card that revolves around an underused keyword!
To make things easier for you, I have made a list of keywords that are currently used for 5 or less cards:
There are no restrictions on purity or card type. Every entry must revolve around one of these keywords. It is perfectly fine if the card itself doesn't have the keyword, but gives it to other cards (like kyrallic) or interacts with cards that have the chosen keyword (like drag down). Conditional keywords (like reach in killaroo) are also welcome.
I will judge the card to the best of my abilities for:
-Balance (is the card underwhelming/OP or opens up op combos?)
-Creativity (is the card adding something intruiging that we didn't see yet?)
-Flavor (does it fit to the faction it is placed in? I appreciate if cards tie into the current lore, but it is by no means required)
--- Card Design Challenge Rules ---
1) The Judge appoints a challenge, it can be anything, making new card, redesigning an old one or whatever you wish.
2) All that wish to participate submit their card design. Each participant may only submit one entry per challenge, you may however edit your post as many times as you wish till the deadline.
3) If you edit your post you should make an additional post in this thread informing of the edit to make sure that the updated version of the card will be judged. The post should contain the full updated card details as well as a brief summary of what changed from your original submission.
4) After an announced deadline the Judge decides a winner. The winner then becomes the Judge for the next round.
5) All entries submitted before the deadline are guaranteed feedback, either in this thread or in another detailed feedback thread.
1st place: 1 Faction Pack + 2 Collection Packs
2nd place: 2 Collection Packs
3rd place: 1 Collection Pack
SUGGESTED SUBMISSION FORMAT
The challenge is open for submissions until Friday, 17th February.