Author Topic: MONTHLY SWISS IS BACK!  (Read 550 times)

Offline marvelouschester

• Tournament Organizer
  • Down With Big Brother
    • View Profile
MONTHLY SWISS IS BACK!
« on: January 29, 2017, 04:39:27 AM »
Strive for Glory!

Here I will explain how the Saturday Swiss qualifier tournament set up will work. One of the team members and I will be hosting one every Saturday, so look out for em' ^^

What is this "Swiss" you speak of?
     Well, it's not cheese. It's a Tournament format in which you get points for wins as apposed to single and double elimination. this means that everyone participates in every round.(so clear your schedule if you want to compete)

HOW TO ENTER
Infinity Wars Tournaments are held on the Challonge website. I Have a link to all current Tournaments here: http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=66928.0
The challonge link will be there.

PRIZES

For the qualifying rounds we have a lovely set of:

Door prizes: 1 rift token, and 2 penta packs

Streamer: 1 random Gold Rare or higher

1st Place:
20 Collection Penta-Packs
Choice of Infinity Border - 1 Epic, 1 Rare, 1 Uncommon, 1 Common
Random Gold Rare or Higher - 3

2nd Place:
10 Collection Penta-Packs
Choice of Infinity Border - 1 Rare, 1 Uncommon, 1 Common
Random Gold Rare of Higher - 2

3rd Place:
5 Collection Penta-Packs
Choice of Infinity Border - 1 Uncommon, 1 Common
Random Gold Rare of Higher - 1

After the first 3 Swiss Qualifiers, we have the double elimination tournament. the top 16 qualifiers get to enter this one. 17th and higher have a chance to enter if one of the 16 back out.

For this one, You can win these lovely LP. LP can be used to buy the special alt art packs (if any are currently available) and the wonderful cosmetics of this game(card backs, battlefields, faction packs, Rift Decks, etc.) And the Fabled infinity-border. you see golds and platinum cards alike throughout this game, but Infinity Borders cannot be collected through packs. Only the Skilled Earn these.

7/8: LP x 1,000.....with Infinity-border Common x3
5/6: LP x 1,500.....with Infinity-border Uncommon x2, Common x3
4th: LP x 2,000.....with Infinity-border Uncommon x3, Common x4
3rd: LP x 5,000.....with Infinity-border Rare x2, Uncommon x3, Common x4
2nd: LP x 10,000...with Infinity-border Epic x1, Rare x2, Uncommon x3, Common x4
1st:  LP x 25,000...with Infinity-border Legendary x1, Epic x2, Rare x3, Uncommon x4, Common x5

HOW TO QUALIFY

The first three Saturdays in the month are Swiss events. You only need to place in one Swiss event and qualify for the fourth-Sunday top 16 monthly tournament. The End of the month event is by INVITE ONLY. Once all three of these events have come to pass, all players with all their score data will be added to a spreadsheet. We will then begin sorting everyone. Placement is explained below:

Series Record
            1. Second-best score (if a player attended two or more events in the series)
            2. Points Difference (based on total # of individual games won and lost)
 Special note: For each person who does not show up, the next-highest ranked player will be slotted in. If you're rank ~17-25 or so, be prepared if you can attend on the 25th, just in case.

Placement will be according to series record, above all else. This means that anyone with a 4-0 record will advance automatically, and several players who have a 3-1 record. If we get to position 16 and multiple people tie the series record for 16th place, anyone who attends a second event will receive priority. If two or more players attended a second event, we'll go by their performance in that second event. If neither player has attended two events we go to Points Difference; which shows their relative performance by individual game.

SEEDING

We will use the tried-and-true seeding format whereby, for example, the top two players will be at opposite ends of the ladder bracket.  In short, this is designed so that the tournament brackets are not so one-sided later in the event.

FINAL SET

The event format we will use for this monthly top 16 event is Double Elimination. Everyone starts with "two lives," and on your first series loss you will be sent to the "losers'" bracket, where you get one last chance to survive. The longer you last in the winners' bracket, the easier the tournament will be if/when you eventually drop to the "losers'" bracket.

To compensate for the fact that a "losers'" bracket typically lasts longer, we will do like in the past where some of the rounds are a best-of-1. HOWEVER the final rounds (last 2) of the "losers'" bracket will be Best-of-3. All of the winners' bracket will remain in the Bo3 format. If a "Losers'" bracket finalist beats a winners' bracket finalist in the finale they must do so a second time since the winner's bracket still has a remaining "life". If this happens the second match will be in a Bo3 format and you CAN switch your deck.

*please note that this is for the qualifying players ONLY. meaning that if you want these you must qualify for it in one of the 3 swiss events earlier in the month, or make into next months set.

You can win these awesome prizes... If you got what it takes.

As always, GL&HF!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 03:33:38 PM by marvelouschester »
Hmm...
Oh, let me guess...
Snatched by a shadowy limb, and dragged off to the past?
...Yes, of course.
Exactly what happened to me... heheheh
...We are both strangers in this strange land.
But, at least now there are two of us....

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MONTHLY SWISS IS BACK!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 03:21:33 PM »
Hype

Offline Equastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 04:19:34 PM »
Are the random-themed tourneys part of the qualifiers? Or are those stand-alone?

Offline marvelouschester

• Tournament Organizer
  • Down With Big Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 02:07:48 AM »
Are the random-themed tourneys part of the qualifiers? Or are those stand-alone?
Random theme are stand alone. they do not have anything to do with the Swiss qualifiers   
Hmm...
Oh, let me guess...
...Yes, of course.

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 04:24:44 PM »
Thank you for taking this over Chester! If you need any help hosting or casting I will be happy to be of assistance :)

Offline marvelouschester

• Tournament Organizer
  • Down With Big Brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 05:07:00 PM »
Thank you for taking this over Chester! If you need any help hosting or casting I will be happy to be of assistance :)
this is much appreciated and i'll probably take u up on it
Hmm...
Oh, let me guess...
...Yes, of course.