Author Topic: Latest projects and news  (Read 739 times)

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
Latest projects and news
« on: January 27, 2017, 05:10:27 AM »
Hey everyone,

Just a little update on how things are going:

Note: The dev team is on holidays (Chinese new year) for the upcoming week so certain things will be put on hold until they return.

Improving the NPE:

We will continue to work on various issue in order to improve the new player experience, starting by removing "Fixed deck Arena" mode - No one plays this mode and new players rightfully get upset and discouraged after queuing in this mode for a long period of time. This will also help boost "Normal" queue, decreasing the waiting time significantly.

There's still a lot to be done, I'm glad to see more and more volunteers pitching in and doing their part to improve the game.

Card change project:

We are in a process of writing an initial draft including what we think should constitute the basic framework of the "IW language", with examples of poor current card texts and how they could be improved, We will be adjusting the cards to have proper grammar and templates for the various types of cards and more.

Rawonall is a top player and a long time MTG player and a judge and has a lot of experience in the field, he has offered to help us with this project. Thank you sir.

Creating a competitive scene:

Introducing Akihisa as a new Tournament organizer, together with MarvelousChester, we will create a new and improved competitive scene for IW, the goal is to create a competitive league that will last for a few months at a time, with weekly matches, tiers and scores, community streams with live commentary and interviews.

The Balance team is done with the legends re-balance, we will start implementing these changes as soon as the team returns.

Introducing Genmole aka Mr.President as a new Community Moderator, Genmole was one of the first top players I've played against. He's a frequent streamer, always there for new players, and a good guy. Welcome to the team man!

*I will update you guys on a semimonthly basis.

Thanks for reading  ;D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:22:57 PM by ES [BoD] »
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline Akihisa, Lord of the West

• Tournament Organizer
  • I'm not insane, just brutally creative...
    • View Profile
Re: Latest projects and news
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 08:57:35 AM »
Just call me Akihisa, as you see on the forums please...
Anyways, thanks for the introduction and keep up with the good work ES!
I feel like SoA Verore death blast is more death blasty as the whole deck revolves around sucking everything on the board into yoir graveyard then death blasting

Fd Deathblast should be renamed ChargePewPew

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 03:56:57 AM »
Will be looking forward to seeing those legendary re-balanced cards. It is good to see there is a good amount of things going on.

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 08:42:44 AM »
don't really care about the competitive scene personally, but so hyped for the card change!

keep up the good work.   :D

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 10:50:35 AM »
Oh shiet am pretty excited to see those legendaries