Author Topic: Lightmare Studios (and IW)  (Read 5894 times)

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: Lightmare Studios (and IW) is STILL horribly mismanaged
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2017, 02:34:51 AM »
Dang, Rethorian, the savage, the way he criticized the other games was harsher than the way he criticized Infinity Wars and he was trying to recommend those games.  :o
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2017, 03:11:19 AM »
what you got against anime?
kind of agree with your opinion, don't really like all those games that much so it's hearthstone and infinity wars for me.

I have nothing against anime. I love most forms of anime and all the cliches found in the genre. But a lot of people do not like it, and it's a common complaint when people talk about why they don't like the game, or why they ended up quitting.

It's a simple fact that if you dislike anime artwork, anime style bust sizes and cleavage, and anime style screams/moans/battlecries whenever they attack or get hit, you'll probably end up not able to purely enjoy Shadowverse's core gameplay.

Dang, Rethorian, the savage, the way he criticized the other games was harsher than the way he criticized Infinity Wars and he was trying to recommend those games.  :o

Trust me. My review of Infinity Wars would be much harsher. Everything except the core gameplay (but including the current and previous metas), and about 90% the artwork, I would basically call below industry standards.

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2017, 03:12:28 AM »
Let me bring up an expample, what im thinking about...

LargeNuggets is searching for Gold Alt Art Deaths Rays currently. There are nearly no available, and those are easy available are costing money - cause im selling them.

And now, seeing that the market is short on these cards, miraculously the new ranked rewards are containing Premium Alt Arts.

Coincidence? Did the "real" IW Devs thought, its now time to kick even more incetives into the ranked ladder?

Or is the new reward simply on the list, cause the CMs have more power right now?

Just want to respond to this real quick, I definitely can see how this may sound like a conflict of interest, but I can promise you that I had no influence on the ranked rewards being changed. In fact, I wasn't even aware of the changes until I saw this post. I don't really have a good way to prove this, besides the fact that even if I did want to change the rewards like that you can see by the leaderboards that I haven't been very active in ranked for a little while so I wouldn't even be able to collect on these rewards even if I had been a major influence. Any and all changes I make for this game I do for the good of all players in mind, not just for my own interest. People are definitely allowed to have their own opinions but I know that is the truth :) Cheers!

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2017, 08:10:15 AM »
Let me bring up an expample, what im thinking about...

LargeNuggets is searching for Gold Alt Art Deaths Rays currently. There are nearly no available, and those are easy available are costing money - cause im selling them.

And now, seeing that the market is short on these cards, miraculously the new ranked rewards are containing Premium Alt Arts.

Coincidence? Did the "real" IW Devs thought, its now time to kick even more incetives into the ranked ladder?

Or is the new reward simply on the list, cause the CMs have more power right now?

Just want to respond to this real quick, I definitely can see how this may sound like a conflict of interest, but I can promise you that I had no influence on the ranked rewards being changed. In fact, I wasn't even aware of the changes until I saw this post. I don't really have a good way to prove this, besides the fact that even if I did want to change the rewards like that you can see by the leaderboards that I haven't been very active in ranked for a little while so I wouldn't even be able to collect on these rewards even if I had been a major influence. Any and all changes I make for this game I do for the good of all players in mind, not just for my own interest. People are definitely allowed to have their own opinions but I know that is the truth :) Cheers!

It was just an example to underline my previous statement. I have to admit, that it wasnt very smart to put any name into it!

I apologize for putting your name in the context of possible corruption or having a personal agenda! That was not my intention and MerliniX clearified it very good - thanks for jumping in.

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2017, 03:15:38 PM »
It was just an example to underline my previous statement. I have to admit, that it wasnt very smart to put any name into it!

I apologize for putting your name in the context of possible corruption or having a personal agenda! That was not my intention and MerliniX clearified it very good - thanks for jumping in.

No worries! I get what you were trying to do and I can see were you were coming from :) No hard feelings bud!

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2017, 04:42:25 PM »
Hey there,

I'm locking this thread down, Rethorian had some valid points about the old ways and the way IW was being handled at the time, however, it is no longer represent the current state of the game.

It's no use crying over spilled milk. Sure the game might not be perfect right now and have it's flaws but we are moving forward with some new members on the team, lots of updates are still to come.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:43:59 PM by ES [BoD] »
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!