Author Topic: Introducing ES as your new Community Manager & What’s the Team Been Up To Lately  (Read 2592 times)

Offline Yxunomei

• View Profile
Congrats ES and good luck!

Offline Hacker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I just want to say that this is my favorite weekly post in over a year. So much drama behind the scenes of Moderators vs. Players. Does Hacker have ulterior motives, banning gold collectors so that he may complete his collection once and for all? Is ES fearful that NTL may surpass him skill wise in Infinity Wars? Will ES succumb to Mew28's influence and make more typos than him? Will Mew28 ever become CM or a Balance Team member? Will Aberion ever be unlimited? Find out in the next bi-monthly post and yes you can hold me to that timeframe.

P.S. I have no concept of time, I may be a toaster in a war with flying attack helicopters attempting to take over the world. Those helicopters are led by Merlinix and I have never defeated them in a battle, not even once. Wish me the best of luck, my life depends on it. Wait so if I sell my account I won't get banned?

Very Days of Our Live's ish Ori. I love it!

One point though I think you have to actually play to be considered a player, not sit on the sidelines and throw rocks. And its not mods v anyone, just differing view points.

Maybe Reth should be president he seems to have the answers for everything! oh to be so wise, must be an almost god like feeling having all the answers in your back pocket! lol
The Hacker

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Out of curiosity, how often does one have to play to be considered a player? I mean, I guess it might be splitting hairs a bit, but a lot of the 'salty vets' do in fact play the game, even if it isn't perhaps as often as others who play it daily.

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile
Maybe Reth should be president he seems to have the answers for everything! oh to be so wise, must be an almost god like feeling having all the answers in your back pocket! lol

Don't have to be a chef to know when food tastes bad. Just because I can't fix it myself doesnt mean I can't tell when someone else isn't screwing it up.

List of very simple as verifiable facts:

Lightmare Devs/Management have no clue (See: Entire Infinity Wars history. Seriously, too many example to count)

Almost every set in the game has previewed/released with mostly crappy card design (Except to a lesser extent, Oppression and maybe Ascension | See: Any IW Set list) (And just because a set had a few well designed cards does not excuse the majority of the set being garbage or imbalanced)

Feature Implementation has always been spotty and half arsed by Lightmare, and usually completely ignored after the feature released (See: Any implemented feature, except maybe Sideboards and Best of 3, but even they're relatively buggy even if you consider them feature complete)

Communication by Lightmare has never been consistent. Every promise of continued communication by Lightmare was broken no more than a handful of months after they promised it would improve, and the game history has contained MONTHS of periods where communication was pretty much non-existent, including the end of the recent Drew saga.

Prove me wrong on any of those. I have popcorn, it will be an interesting read.

But apparently, just saying 'Things Will Be Different This Time' is enough to wash all that history away, nevermind it's the 37th time that things will be different but in the end they just ended up the same old. Either you can't prove things will be different this time, or you're choosing not to waste time on a 'troll'. So all I can do is sit back, eat my popcorn, and pray that i'm actually wrong and that IW actually has management with double digit IQ levels this time around. And I can quite safely say I would rather be wrong than right in this matter.

BTW: If it's just differing view points between Gin and you, you can easily block communication with him privately without having to ban him on public outlets (until he actually does something that warrants a ban from Discord). You're the one feeding him fodder to use against you.

Offline Akihisa, Lord of the West

• Tournament Organizer
  • I'm not insane, just brutally creative...
    • View Profile
Just gonna pop into this convo for a sec.

Prove me wrong on any of those. I have popcorn, it will be an interesting read.

You see that ^^
Quotes like that remind me of shade thrown around in grade school.

I understand your salty but you've clearly missed the point. A games purpose is to be FUN and its very clear from the few replies Ive read on this chain that you're the kind of person who goes to Disneyland with scissors and laughs while you cut the strings to little kids balloons.

The balance team exists to help better the game towards its original goal of being a FUN TIMEWASTER. It seems you've long forgotten the former aspect and become the latter as your arguments only serve to waste the time of those reading them. If the game is that bad pick up your hat and leave, why go to the effort of typing out essays on the forums?

Tis only game, why you have to be mad?
I feel like SoA Verore death blast is more death blasty as the whole deck revolves around sucking everything on the board into yoir graveyard then death blasting

Fd Deathblast should be renamed ChargePewPew

Offline Chapmandu

• View Profile
Don't have to be a chef to know when food tastes bad. Just because I can't fix it myself doesnt mean I can't tell when someone else isn't screwing it up.

I understand the frustration, the food at your favourite restaurant used to be good and now it's not and you think that if the chefs just did what you suggest it would be good again.

The problem is ultimately it's not your restaurant, it's not your menu or your kitchen. Being a patron doesn't give you the right to demand the chefs cook to your taste. They provide a menu and it's up to you whether you eat there. Yes you can make suggestions but it's up to them as to whether they act on them. Unfortunately this leaves you with 2 choices, go the restaurant or eat elsewhere.

Standing outside shouting and pounding your fists on the restaurant window doesn't help make the food better and makes it a worse experience for those who still eat there. Of course you may want to drive all the patrons out to see the restaurant to close as some kind of "revenge" for not being as good as you want. Besides that being a petty and pathetic, the restaurant would be fully entitled to kick you out and would make them even less likely to listen to you.

At the end of the day if you want to have a meal exactly as you want it you'd better learn to cook...

Now enough about food and back to congratulating ES. He's been hugely helpful and with his help I'm sure infinite-network will return as better than ever.

We fight for the users!

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
Oooo late to the party (been at the beach) but allow me to add my congratulations to ES! :)
Goose got me loose!

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile

I understand the frustration, the food at your favourite restaurant used to be good and now it's not and you think that if the chefs just did what you suggest it would be good again.

Wrong. The correct solution is to fire the chefs. Calling them chefs is also an insult to chefs everywhere.

The problem is ultimately it's not your restaurant, it's not your menu or your kitchen. Being a patron doesn't give you the right to demand the chefs cook to your taste. They provide a menu and it's up to you whether you eat there. Yes you can make suggestions but it's up to them as to whether they act on them. Unfortunately this leaves you with 2 choices, go the restaurant or eat elsewhere.

I went elsewhere. But when I pass the restaurant's grand re-opening for the 37th time, after they con investor after investor into somehow keeping the business alive, I can't help but mention... that this is the exact same song and dance we've all heard before. And they should at the very least not puffy on some of the people who actually did some of the best work on the game (See: Grinning_Gin and his work on Oppression, widely accepted as the best set ever followed by the most balanced/diverse meta ever).

You can keep this crappy restaurant supported by gullible investors open for as long as you want and you won't hear a thing from me, but when you start doing shady puffy like saying 'We're under new management, things will be different this time!' and changing the name of the game to Reborn to trick people into thinking literally ANYTHING has changed, i'm gonna call you out on your bullpuffy.

As I've said before. All you have to do is do your job, and 6 months from now when IW is more popular than Hearthstone you can look back at that Rethorian idiot and say 'Lol, that guy was a stupid troll'. You don't have to bother responding to me. The best revenge is a life lived well. If even HALF of the promises you've made this time round happen, i'm going to look like the biggest moron ever.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
Oooo late to the party (been at the beach) but allow me to add my congratulations to ES! :)

Adorabear's appearance is one of the greatest developments of this thread.

I'd rather not jump into the popcorn-party, so I'm just going to say that hopefully things will be able to move forward again.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
I went elsewhere. But when I pass the restaurant's grand re-opening for the 37th time, after they con investor after investor into somehow keeping the business alive, I can't help but mention... that this is the exact same song and dance we've all heard before. And they should at the very least not puffy on some of the people who actually did some of the best work on the game (See: Grinning_Gin and his work on Oppression, widely accepted as the best set ever followed by the most balanced/diverse meta ever).

You can keep this crappy restaurant supported by gullible investors open for as long as you want and you won't hear a thing from me, but when you start doing shady puffy like saying 'We're under new management, things will be different this time!' and changing the name of the game to Reborn to trick people into thinking literally ANYTHING has changed, i'm gonna call you out on your bullpuffy.

As I've said before. All you have to do is do your job, and 6 months from now when IW is more popular than Hearthstone you can look back at that Rethorian idiot and say 'Lol, that guy was a stupid troll'. You don't have to bother responding to me. The best revenge is a life lived well. If even HALF of the promises you've made this time round happen, i'm going to look like the biggest moron ever.

Hold up... I was somewhat agreeing with you until you said Oppression was the best set ever. Now I'm laughing. (I'm sure Gin was banned for other valid reasons, not simply due to his disagreement with the Moderators/CM and saltiness) But I do understand your frustrations. Also I appreciate the service you are providing the community but swaying newer players from the apparent scam Lightmare/Yodo1 may be running. Currently I am no longer investing into the game nor am I promoting the game in any way. As of right now, Lightmare/Yodo1 do not deserve the services and billion dollar ideas I have to offer. If a new player comes up to me and asks if they should spend money on the game, I will tell them "I personally wouldn't", but if they enjoy the game and want to invest in it, they should. I will give them my honest opinion, and I have done so from time to time.

I admit I am extremely dissatisfied with the Rebellion set, and it may have ultimately led me to the decision to "quit" the game. The best sets are and have been IW2013 and Ascension. Even after they butchered the Overseer mechanics. The old Infinity Council are far from saints or saviors of the game. Although it is quite possible that a certain developer on the Lightmare team sabotages the game, it is their game after all. It is quite painful to watch a great game with so much potential not becoming successful. Balance wise the game is in shambles, but the game also suffers from the lack of quality updates, programming incompetence, and little community communication/interactions.

As of right now I will sit here quietly eating my popcorn, enjoying the show, and hoping for the best for Infinity Wars. I'm sure it is in the developers best interest to make you look like an idiot, Rethorian. If they can't or won't, then more power to you; the developers are as incompetent as you say they are, and you should no longer invest your time, money, and effort into anything relating to Infinity Wars.

I admit the constant "Reborn", "Going Gold", "Out of Beta" - leaves me questioning the motives of the developers, especially when not much has changed for the better.

P.S. The best way to show your disappointment in the game and to sway people away from a defective product is to leave low ratings with an intellectual compelling review on Steam/Reddit. But please remember to change the review if the developers do end up turning the game around.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:26:50 PM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
This thread has gone too far off topic. It's supposed to be about ES becoming the new CM with a quick update on what the teams been up to.

Any further posts which are not related to the OP will probably be deleted. You are more than welcome to start your own thread in General discussing whatever you like, alternatively you can use the official IWs Discord channel.

P.S. Congrats ES :)

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
Congrats to ES becoming Community Manager!
Congrats to #Uninteresting_Socks becoming a Global Moderator
Congrats to MarvelousChester becoming the Official Tournament Organizer

P.S. How do we even know this is official? What if I just announced myself as Player Of The Year? ES should have been introduced by a Developer or DrewUniverse.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 02:27:36 AM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
P.S. How do we even know this is official? What if I just announced myself as Player Of The Year? ES should have been introduced by a Developer or DrewUniverse.

I feel like the fact that he has full admin rights on the forums and red text might be a bit of a giveaway, detective.

Offline belial12

• View Profile
congratz.

Offline ArchAgent

• View Profile
congrats ;D ;D ;D
you were the one who introduce me to this game at the first place
i hope you will make this game great again  8)