Author Topic: Introducing ES as your new Community Manager & What’s the Team Been Up To Lately  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
Ya congratz ES, glad to see you're taking over CM and haven't changed a bit.

Let us recount the beginning of your so glorious reign:

Re-banning me from the new IW discord even though I said nothing offensive to you.

Banning NTL for having a screenshot that showcased behavior that showed you talking bad about him.

Glad to see you're already out to start stifling people who's opinions differ from yours, and who you have personal disagreements. Especially when those same people could speak out about the many indiscretions you've committed in the past.

Instead of reaching out to people and asking for them to alter their behavior or apologize to them you're reaching for the ban-hammer in a knee-jerk reaction.

Even drew never outright banned people who were "disrespectful" to him. So yeah, congratz on being the most thin-skinned CM infinity wars has ever had.

I guess you're taking after the great Donald Trump in rejecting dissenting opinions.

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile

Re-banning me from the new IW discord even though I said nothing offensive to you.

Banning NTL for having a screenshot that showcased behavior that showed you talking bad about him.

Glad to see you're already out to start stifling people who's opinions differ from yours, and who you have personal disagreements. Especially when those same people could speak out about the many indiscretions you've committed in the past.

Instead of reaching out to people and asking for them to alter their behavior or apologize to them you're reaching for the ban-hammer in a knee-jerk reaction.

Even drew never outright banned people who were "disrespectful" to him. So yeah, congratz on being the most thin-skinned CM infinity wars has ever had.

I guess you're taking after the great Donald Trump in rejecting dissenting opinions.

No no no, you don't seem to understand. Lightmare, Yodo, or whatever poor entity decided to invest in the game since I last checked, is working on the NEW PLAYER EXPERIENCE.

Are you a new player? No. Then screw off. Need to get more new players to join the game so they can then quit in frustration. And somehow make money (or trick new investors into investing money for the 16th time).

Veterans aren't necessary. This is the time of new players (who will then proceed to quit).

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
Ah my old Overseer rival made it big. I'd suggest you change the weekly post to bi-monthly since we know there is not always something to talk about. This way you won't be looking like our great martyr Drewniverse. Gonna miss the guy.

Please nerf FD and buff OOS mkay?
haha maybe ^^
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile

Hey gin,  i'm gonna tell my part of the story if you don't mind, after i didn't accept you on my balance team, you did what every child would have done after getting a negative response, you threw a temper tantrum, cursing me as well as others on the team, and went as far as going directly to the developer team and demanding them to put you on the team, simply because you were on the Council.
You have continued to repeatedly use vulgar and offensive language toward others and myself despite many attempts from myself, other moderators, the previous CM and even some of the vets to warn you for months, so you left me mo choice to remove you from discord.
While opinions often come into conflict during intense discussions, this doesn’t give you the right to be a jerk to other players.

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
The only reason I was upset because I didn't see you guys performing a job that could be remotely considered adequate.

And, considering the two most capable people on that balance team quit because they were fed up with how it was being handled, I think that says more about how Lightmare is handling the whole thing with anything else.

Also, notably, I'm hardly the only person who has ever used offensive terms or has been a jerk to other players. You're frequently belittled others such as NTL, who was a long time player until you helped to solidly turn him away from the game.

Offline Hacker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Jesus Gin, It people like you who have had the worst impact in this game, you've done nothing but dump salt on it for more than a year but as is typical of you and your groupies you moan and puffy and whine but do absolutely nothing to improve the game.

It has been people Like ES and I that have done everything we can to ensure not only survival but improvement.

What was the last thing you did? pick from your very short list, ripped off more noobs that the population of Bangladesh! spoilt their experience of the game for your own pocket!

I'm not going to pull punches with you anymore, the amount of complaints I had regarding you in the time I played spoke for itself.

And NTL, well I have nothing against him directly, but if negativity was gold he would be midas

If you don't wish to play don't play, sell your account leave discord and do everyone a favour. Jumping in for two weeks every set doesn't constitute doing something for the game.

Feel free to pull your claws out and say what you want because to be honest the facts speak for themselves, I have read discord post after post by you not one having a positive ring to it.

ES deserves the opportunity he has and has earned it, I do wonder if it was me what you would say about me.

I will give ES all the support I can because I want the game to succeed for the people that have invested their money and time and enjoy playing on a regular basis.

If I have stepped over the line GOOD it needed to be said, you have had your fair share of rants over the last year without anyone reigning you in.

I'm not going to waste anymore time on you because it simply isn't worth it.
The Hacker

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
The only reason I was upset because I didn't see you guys performing a job that could be remotely considered adequate.

And, considering the two most capable people on that balance team quit because they were fed up with how it was being handled, I think that says more about how Lightmare is handling the whole thing with anything else.

Also, notably, I'm hardly the only person who has ever used offensive terms or has been a jerk to other players. You're frequently belittled others such as NTL, who was a long time player until you helped to solidly turn him away from the game.
Saying that you've been upset about the progress we made in the balance team would be understating the fact that you have bullied most of the team for months, including myself. While it's true that the situation in which we operated wasn't ideal to achieve the best result as we wanted, you, attacking us with personal attacks was both immature and unproductive. Frankly, you should be ashamed of yourself for letting your personal feelings get the better of you and attacking  and offending community members who want nothing more but to help the game.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:48:39 PM by ES [BoD] »

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile
Jesus Gin, It people like you who have had the worst impact in this game, you've done nothing but dump salt on it for more than a year but as is typical of you and your groupies you moan and puffy and whine but do absolutely nothing to improve the game.

It has been people Like ES and I that have done everything we can to ensure not only survival but improvement.

What was the last thing you did? pick from your very short list, ripped off more noobs that the population of Bangladesh! spoilt their experience of the game for your own pocket!

Now i'm REALLY curious. Aside from the whole 'ripping off noobs' thing, how is it that people who complain about the game somehow cause the worst impact?

Sure, they could use their time more productively and try and help the game (although I'm not sure grabbing a bucket and baling water out will save the Titanic while it sinks), but to say it's actively hurting the game is a real stretch. With or without people complaining about IW, it would still be in the exact same spot it is now. On Life Support (This game really needs a Do Not Resuscitate court order).

Actually, nearly EVERY resurgence the game has gone through was precipitated by complaints. Anyone old enough to remember the Novablue complaints (I forget the original poster who started it, doesnt matter he probably quit years ago), followed by the hallowed 'Teremus Thesis', which then prompted devs to actually add long needed features to the game (puffying lol that the devs said it was too puffying hard TO ADD A SOUND WHEN YOUR QUEUE POPPED) and increased levels of communication... for a few months anyway.

I haven't actually been following anything IW wise for quite some time, but it seems this Grand and New and Revitalised life for IW with a new community manager... was caused by people COMPLAINING about the last guy.

So yeah... unless Gin has been actively campaigning to keep players away from the game, telling everyone it's horrible and to avoid it like the plague, I really fail to see how he (and all the bitter veterans like him) is having the 'worst impact on the game'.

But feel free to enlighten me. This whole post is the most interesting thing to happen to IW in like 2 years (in retrospect anyway).

Offline Hacker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Now i'm REALLY curious. Aside from the whole 'ripping off noobs' thing, how is it that people who complain about the game somehow cause the worst impact?

Sure, they could use their time more productively and try and help the game (although I'm not sure grabbing a bucket and baling water out will save the Titanic while it sinks), but to say it's actively hurting the game is a real stretch. With or without people complaining about IW, it would still be in the exact same spot it is now. On Life Support (This game really needs a Do Not Resuscitate court order).

Actually, nearly EVERY resurgence the game has gone through was precipitated by complaints. Anyone old enough to remember the Novablue complaints (I forget the original poster who started it, doesnt matter he probably quit years ago), followed by the hallowed 'Teremus Thesis', which then prompted devs to actually add long needed features to the game (puffying lol that the devs said it was too puffying hard TO ADD A SOUND WHEN YOUR QUEUE POPPED) and increased levels of communication... for a few months anyway.

I haven't actually been following anything IW wise for quite some time, but it seems this Grand and New and Revitalised life for IW with a new community manager... was caused by people COMPLAINING about the last guy.

So yeah... unless Gin has been actively campaigning to keep players away from the game, telling everyone it's horrible and to avoid it like the plague, I really fail to see how he (and all the bitter veterans like him) is having the 'worst impact on the game'.

But feel free to enlighten me. This whole post is the most interesting thing to happen to IW in like 2 years (in retrospect anyway).
[/quote]

Complaining hasn't fixed anything, when I started almost 4 years ago the game had a raft of problems and people were complaining then also.

What did change was coming up with ideas and selling them to the Dev's, it took me 6 months to put myself in a position where they agreed that bringing on Mods to work with the playerbase would be productive. From there we have  managed to get a team together to have input into balancing the last set and now moving forward we will be working on changing and balancing older cards to make them more playable. These things are all a plus for the current playerbase and are leading to an improvement in various aspects. The devs respect our points of view and we are able to take our ideas and arguments to them in a non hostile way and actually promote change.

You don't get change by whining you get change by actively promoting positive ideas and changes for win win outcomes.

For Gin to say "The only reason I was upset because I didn't see you guys performing a job that could be remotely considered adequate." is far from the truth, he is peeved because he was not seen to be adequate for a roll on the balance team, the reasons for this were basically it wasn't felt that he could be relied upon in a variety of aspects, he is far from being a player of high standing etc etc.

Also to say that the two most competent people on the balance team left because they didnt like the way it was being run  I believe is an overstatement of their abilities, sure they had things to offer but as an example 2 people walk in for a job both have the qualifications to perform it, so then you look at their other characteristics both positive and negative and make your judgement. Not getting your own way is not reason to say you didn't like the way it was being run.

Now to your other comment "unless Gin has been actively campaigning to keep players away from the game, telling everyone it's horrible and to avoid it like the plague, I really fail to see how he (and all the bitter veterans like him) is having the 'worst impact on the game'. The discord is a place for players to meet up and talk about the game, yes this means pointing our failures but one would expect that it would also point out the successes, the daily missions have been a great boon, the daily rewards are also great to have. But when a few salty vets just sit and complain and do nothing else and they don't even play the damn game then they are really of no positive use in the discussion, and it isn't even a discussion for them. As I said to Gin if your not happy with the game sell your account leave and leave the discord its for the people playing the game, If you can not see this Reth then take this as an example.If you used to have an account with a bank but weren't happy with their service so you moved to another bank, would the bank allow you to walk in the door everyday on your way to work yell out that the banks service sucked and tell everyone how bad it was or would they stop you from entering the bank anymore. A constant negative impression  will eventually stick and the discord is where new players are directed to. Its a plave they can interact with older players and learn and ask questions, put up ideas and contribute to the greater whole.

And don't believe for a minute that it was constant whining that in the end was the reason for Drew moving on, he just wasn't an ideal match for the role.

In terms of adding features to the game the truth is at the time the resources were not there to add them at the time, now there are more resources and changes have been made and will continue to be made to improve all facets of the game.
The Hacker

Offline Hacker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
On that note I am going to leave his subject as it has gotten way off the rails.

The post was to welcome ES as the new community manager and that is where it should return to.

If you expect that I will continue with this you will be sorely disappointed as I have said what needed to be said and that is the end of the discussion as far as I am concerned.
The Hacker

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
I just want to say that this is my favorite weekly post in over a year. So much drama behind the scenes of Moderators vs. Players. Does Hacker have ulterior motives, banning gold collectors so that he may complete his collection once and for all? Is ES fearful that NTL may surpass him skill wise in Infinity Wars? Will ES succumb to Mew28's influence and make more typos than him? Will Mew28 ever become CM or a Balance Team member? Will Aberion ever be unlimited? Find out in the next bi-monthly post and yes you can hold me to that timeframe.

P.S. I have no concept of time, I may be a toaster in a war with flying attack helicopters attempting to take over the world. Those helicopters are led by Merlinix and I have never defeated them in a battle, not even once. Wish me the best of luck, my life depends on it. Wait so if I sell my account I won't get banned?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:11:14 PM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
I just want to say that this is my favorite weekly post in over a year. So much drama behind the scenes of Moderators vs. Players. Does Hacker have ulterior motives, banning gold collectors so that he may complete his collection once and for all? Is ES fearful that NTL may surpass him skill wise in Infinity Wars? Will ES succumb to Mew28's influence and make more typos than him? Will Mew28 ever become CM or a Balance Team member? Will Aberion ever be unlimited? Find out in next weeks bi-monthly post!
Yeah I agree this post has been real fun. Its like watching a soap opera.  ;D

Offline keyranaway

• View Profile

Offline sonicx110x4

• View Profile
Grats on the new position ES, i know you will do good, good luck

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile
What did change was coming up with ideas and selling them to the Dev's, it took me 6 months to put myself in a position where they agreed that bringing on Mods to work with the playerbase would be productive.

It only took you 6 months to convince Lightmare's Management/Dev Team that they're completely and utterly clueless about anything about their own game, and that they're so beyond help that they need to get their own damn community to design their game?

I mean if I had know it would only take 6 months... then I still wouldn't have bothered because anyone who can't comprehend their own incompetence after 6 minutes isn't worth my time, let alone 6 months.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-kruger_effect

You don't get change by whining you get change by actively promoting positive ideas and changes for win win outcomes.

I could link to literally hundreds of articles of positive feedback left by people trying to improve the game, 99.9999999% of it ignored (and the 0.000001% that wasn't was ignored, was initially ignored, months/years later they finally implement it, half arse it, leaving it a half working feature before giving themselves a high five and completely forgetting about it), but I won't because we all know there's plenty of constructive criticism on the game and the problem is not about having good ideas, it's about convincing the people in charge (who historically wouldn't know a good idea from a bad one if it smacked them straight in the face) to give up on their horrible ideas (see: Martyr Golem and Noble Protector, or hell just go ask Teremus in private, i'm sure he's got plenty of stories of Lightmare management being numbskulls).

Anyway, blanket banning 'negative feedback' has pretty much never worked out in favor of a game developer that I know of, it's usually a tactic reserved by shady developers or developers trying to make as much money as quickly as possible before people realise the game they bought is a complete pile of puffy.

I have no idea what's going on in private between you people... and I really don't care (aside from reading about it while eating popcorn when I'm bored). But i've never seen anyone consistently make an effort to hate on the game on Discord. Sure, we've had conversations on it about the parts of the game we don't like (See: Management/Dev Team), but I never saw it completely dominate the chat... I mean, the reason the Discord was never sunshine and lollipops was because the game was, and I assume still is, dying (not going to bother checking SteamSpy, but hey if i'm wrong, link it to me... and no, going up from 80 active players to 90 does not mean the game is improving).

If you want Discord to be less gloom and doom... you're moderators, try moderating first, banning second. Make a Grumpy Old Veterans discord room, make everyone who wants to talk negative in there, and foster your positive community in the other channels. I mean maybe i'm wrong and Gin will instantly go and spam Goatse in your Discord if you unban him, but hey there are a lot of people who would find that entertaining to read about so it's a win/win.

Also, if you really want people to stop talking about how horribly managed the game is, and how horrible card design is in general throughout the various sets... all you have to do is STOP BEING STUPID, push content and features out at a reasonable rate, try communicating with the community for a stretch of time that exceeds 3 months before you slip back into silence, and show the slightest hint that you have a clue what you're doing when you release new cards for the various factions (little things, like understanding what makes a card meta-viable, and actually playing with the card once or twice so you realise that a card that does 10 damage to all characters when deployed might not be balanced).

Literally all Lightmare has to do to stop all the negative feedback is... do their jobs competently. Then all the grumpy old players can complain about is how much they prefered the old meta instead of saying the game is dying.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 03:24:28 PM by Rethorian »