Author Topic: Some of the Lore info we got by Rebellion  (Read 502 times)

Offline Klassick

• "I'm not negative. Just there are no positives"
    • View Profile
Some of the Lore info we got by Rebellion
« on: January 12, 2017, 06:05:05 AM »
I will just start it... let's see:

- The factions seens to be united against Sol's actions;

- There is a civil war going on at the Overseers (lead by Lilariah);

- Rita killed Candit and is for sure leading the Cult;

- The Flame Dawn has a possible new leader rising, Syn, that have different methods than Aberion, his brother.

- Lucca, in an act of defiance, is one of the leaders of the rebellion now;

- Looks like now Aberion have ascended on his own, without the Overseers help...

- Xi sacrificed herself.... for some reason... a new prophet Karani?

what else?

"Everyone here likes the game. We just hate the devs."
- MerliniX

Offline belial12

• View Profile
Re: Some of the Lore info we got by Rebellion
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 02:01:48 PM »

- The factions seens to be united against Sol's actions;

- There is a civil war going on at the Overseers (lead by Lilariah);

- Rita killed Candit and is for sure leading the Cult;

- The Flame Dawn has a possible new leader rising, Syn, that have different methods than Aberion, his brother.

- Lucca, in an act of defiance, is one of the leaders of the rebellion now;

- Looks like now Aberion have ascended on his own, without the Overseers help...

- Xi sacrificed herself.... for some reason... a new prophet Karani?

what else?
Aberion got his wings not during rebellion, but earlier, see the legendary version of Aberion.

Lucca seems to ripped her wings out somehow.

exiles are finally getting some spotlights, in the form of no more heroes.

maybe Xi sacrificed herself to close the gateway instead of opening it like Karani?

still no idea about what Vasir is doing.

super infectious zombie got printed, return of sleepers perhaps?

just what's up with aberration? i heard it's the result of experimentation done on brutes by Rita, but the card arts doesn't support it.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:03:54 PM by belial12 »

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 09:14:45 PM »
Don't forget, Aleta sorceress is now Vasir's prisoner! So... who knows whats in store for the the CoV on Reish. What with them now being under constant Demon assault from torment through the Hellmouth.
I care more about the role of exiles, since they are mentioned nowhere in the lore up to this point.

it's kinda strange COV are still getting demon cards in rebellion when Vasir is free, maybe there's a demon civil war going on just like the overseers?

I'd like to think that 'rebellion/insurgency' has spread to most of the factions.

WP: It seems like nature itself is rebelling here, against the factions that wrought destruction on the untamed world, and killed the leaders of the Warpath. 

GI: Lucca has had her wings removed (looks like in some shady secret lab) and has become a rebellion leader. (shooting, on the ground) I'd suggest she's leading an insurgency in defiance against FD rule. the removal of her wings also seems to symbolically show a 'turning away' from her alignment with the OoS (the art of 'Defiance' is Lucca, Acsended yet she's back to GI purity).

CoV: I don't know what the rebellion is here but the death of Candit has left Rita unchecked and in the Diseased Brute text we read that Rita has gone of the deep end with her creations. however who is Alearem? and whose/what fate is she twisting? Those orbs shown look an awful lot like the orbs around  the knife in 'The Price of Fame.' Also I didn't think CoV had a king but someone's King just got rekt. 

FD: With the Hope of Dawn and celebration of the glory of the empire being side by side with a defiant footman (possibly making deals with devils or demons?) and a show of the strength of unity (unity with the DoD?) there seems to be a crack in the allegiances of the FD.   

DoD: Again hard to tell what the rebellion is here, but, is the defiant monk protecting a devil/demon?

SoA: Pretty much the same thirst for brains here. Can zomborgs really even rebel?

Ex: Not much here either, Would YOU rebel against an angry demon prince?

OoS: We have Lily's followers fighting Sol's. Angels vs. Angel and a war in the heavens. Lily is in multiple cards and she's getting stronger (in 'Evict' it even looks like she's busting halos) An attempt to seal the rifts.  They even got "The Law" involved.

but there's something more going on.... Look at the 'defiant' cards in all the factions. Who is that shadowy winged Figure in all the artwork? Angel? Demon? Something else? Who could be attempting to gain influence or inspiring defiance among all the factions?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 09:18:41 PM by TameRlane »
MAY ALL YOUR PENTA PACKS HAVE LEGENDS AND MAY ALL YOUR RIFT RUNS BE REWARDING!
Author, Editor, Head Researcher, and Chief Interviewer of The IW Player's Profiles

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 11:41:07 PM »
but there's something more going on.... Look at the 'defiant' cards in all the factions. Who is that shadowy winged Figure in all the artwork? Angel? Demon? Something else? Who could be attempting to gain influence or inspiring defiance among all the factions?

I think it's the shadow of an angel and they defy the angels rule/demands. Also most of the defiant cards seem to protect characters of one of the other factions (except brute and trickster).

Offline Vuurjopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 03:57:47 AM »
And there are a LOT of lowcost GI cards in this set, almost as if GI is no longer capable of building big, strong bots and is now relying on cheaper creations. They are questionably successful as seen in the "humans are dead" card. Did the robots also rebel against their creators?
I will build a great wall and the exiles will pay for it! ~ Gao Han

Offline Klassick

• "I'm not negative. Just there are no positives"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 12:17:31 AM »

[...] Aberion got his wings not during rebellion, but earlier, see the legendary version of Aberion. [...]

"Fiery" is a "trademark" of the FD.

The wings Aberion gained during order are different from the ones we see at Rebellion and, there is not a OoS purity on the card, in believe that now FD can "ascend on his own", the prove of this is the charge option too...

And that's truth, no idea about Vasir and Aleta's too...
"Everyone here likes the game. We just hate the devs."
- MerliniX

Offline TheDarkPrince

• The Darkness Rises
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 05:03:01 PM »
Enjoyed
My Death Be With You