Author Topic: The lights are on but is anyone home?  (Read 1899 times)

Offline keyranaway

• View Profile
Re: The lights are on but is anyone home?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 05:47:21 AM »
When you rate the devs just remember the people with blue names (Es, largenuggets, hacker and intresting socks) are not devs but voluntary mods. As someone who has worked on the inside e.g. the balance team I can say the hatred of the devs is not non-sensical and has good reasoning behind it.

Offline AirborneScientist

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 09:14:47 AM »
Hopefully ill be able to share more information soon.

With Drew's continued absence and the fact that you'll be sharing information in the future, can we assume that Drew is gone and the community mods are taking over?

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 01:47:15 PM »
seriously, this is why I only visit this forum for fanfics and Benionin, feels like I'm the only one here who thinks this game is pretty alright, the rest of you can drink to death I guess.

Everyone here likes the game. We just hate the devs.
yeah but I like the devs too, and it's not like all the people on the forum hate the devs, just those that do are more vocal.

When I said 'we' I didn't mean everyone. It was more a grouping of all the people you were criticizing.

And yeah, people can like Infinity Wars, and that's fine. You can like the devs too, if you want. I don't though, and there are others that agree with me as well. I apologize if you find our opinions tedious or offensive, but we do have good reasons for them. Or at the very least, reasons that feel like good reasons to us.

By all means if you enjoy IW, continue playing it. However, don't expect our opinions to change unless the devs actually do something constructive to change them.
well, I have no intention of changing you guys opinions, but the way it's expressed it is getting on my nerves, it really annoys me when I scroll down and see the first five posts are all just complains with minimal substances in them, so I just feel like I should respond in kind to uphold the democratic nature of a public forum, it's my intention to mix up the comments a bit, more variety you can say.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 01:52:12 PM by belial12 »

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 01:49:03 PM »
When you rate the devs just remember the people with blue names (Es, largenuggets, hacker and intresting socks) are not devs but voluntary mods. As someone who has worked on the inside e.g. the balance team I can say the hatred of the devs is not non-sensical and has good reasoning behind it.
good reason or not, the fact is I don't hate the devs, and you guys do. whether your hatred is justified or not is hardly a concern of mine, since it's not the reason why I posted my original post.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 01:54:37 PM by belial12 »

Offline Equastro

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 03:35:13 PM »

With Drew's continued absence and the fact that you'll be sharing information in the future, can we assume that Drew is gone and the community mods are taking over?

The writing's on the wall. Drew got fired and ES will be the new community mod! Let it be ES, please.

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2017, 04:40:51 PM »

The writing's on the wall. Drew got fired and ES will be the new community mod! Let it be ES, please.
where did you get this new information?

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2017, 05:05:32 PM »
Drew did or will get fired. New Year new CM. However ES, will not be the new CM. My problem with the game is how they develop cards and balance issues, so even a new CM can't fix that. Make DoD great again!

How do we have this info? Quality detective work my friend. Common sense and intuition.

P.S. Make Mew28 into the CM please. He truly cares for the game.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 05:07:11 PM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2017, 05:43:16 PM »
Drew did or will get fired. New Year new CM. However ES, will not be the new CM. My problem with the game is how they develop cards and balance issues, so even a new CM can't fix that. Make DoD great again!

How do we have this info? Quality detective work my friend. Common sense and intuition.

P.S. Make Mew28 into the CM please. He truly cares for the game.
quality detective work and common sense/intuition don't really mix well, but I see what you mean.

Offline Trevinburgh

• View Profile
    • IWgamewiki
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 10:00:08 AM »
My guess:

The relaunch failed to attract the required influx of new players. So whilst the devs continue to toil, the suits are having full and frank discussions as to whether they should invest more and try again or cut their losses and pull the plug.

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2017, 02:17:40 PM »

Yes, Drew got fired.
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline ORISOLVE

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2017, 11:01:35 PM »
Yes, Drew resigned amicably.*

It looks bad for a company to fire one of its very own player turned developers. Especially one who was once so close to becoming "Player Of The Year". Let's fire Mew from existence. Jk.  ;D

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2017, 12:56:05 AM »
It looks bad for a company to fire one of its very own player turned developers.
It looks far worse than this. Not only a mere volunteer announces such crucial info, but he doesn't say anything else - great example of bad PR.
What players could think after reading it? That no one important left to take care of IW, that Yodo1/LM has no idea what to do next - which would result in thinking: the end is nigh!
The more optimistic part of community is still left in dark, not knowing what would happen with CM duties like weekly post or tourneys.
Even if they are not sure of those answers right now, announcement of this weight should look at least like this:
 'Drew got fired. New CM will be revealed soon in separate topic / community moderators are taking over CM work, instead of 'weekly posts' we will post in News and Developer Talk when there'll be enough info or do short notes, as for tournaments - we are in process of bringing them.'
Looks slightly better? You are welcome.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:59:27 AM by NTL »

Offline ORISOLVE

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2017, 03:01:39 AM »
Good Job with the formalities NTL. You now have my vote for CM instead of Mew28.  ;)

The lack of professionalism appalls me. If Lightmare/Yodo1 want to be taken seriously then they need to act accordingly.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 03:04:13 AM by ORISOLVE »

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2017, 07:28:05 AM »
Bad hiring decisions do happen all the time in each company. What looks fantastic and too good to be true on the 1st glance, might not look so very well after a while. DrewUniverse was a promising package, but well... turned out to be a value trap and did more harm than good at the end.

Everything else was Lightmare at its best - ignoring the community, ignoring tons of facts and sticking to their plan. I dont care much if he got fired or got out of the way on his own will, either way it was too late and damaged the whole Reborn experience.

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2017, 08:02:51 AM »
There is more information to come  :P

Nothing has been officially announced yet.