Author Topic: The lights are on but is anyone home?  (Read 1886 times)

Offline AirborneScientist

• View Profile
The lights are on but is anyone home?
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:16:24 AM »
Drew hasn't posted in just under a month and as far as I can tell there's been no activity from Lightmare beyond posts from the community moderators. Anyone know what (if anything) is going on behind the scenes or has Lighmare just given up on pretending to care?

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: The lights are on but is anyone home?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 11:10:32 AM »
Hey there, as someone that has access behind the scenes, i can tell you that Yodomare is working towards making a better NPE (New Player Experience) as well as improving some other aspects like advertisements and QOL features.

Hopefully ill be able to share more information soon.
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline JHOW4864

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 01:17:14 PM »
The same new player experience they have been working on for like 1 - 1 1/2 years now? Must be some real next lvl shiz to take that long  ;). I see i haven't missed anything, be back in a month or two to have a laugh again, see ya.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 03:12:30 PM »
Great music video by a Youtuber: nope. Very fitting.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaJ4wzDO5fA
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 03:16:37 PM »
They have been working on a better NPE since January of 2015. Right after Order came out that was their priority, and has been ever since.

I can't wait for them to start working on doing things like fixing the UI.

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 04:14:28 PM »
With all due respect ES (you're just doing your pay-free job so I can't fault you for the response) working towards something and actually accomplishing it are two completely different things.

I've been working on world domination for the better half of my life and its still gone nowhere.
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 05:04:06 PM »
you people are so full of it I almost feel like trolling you guys.

seriously, nothing you guys can do about it. the negativity are just delicious.

Offline NTL

• If you think I'm wrong - think harder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 06:25:01 PM »

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 07:13:14 PM »
Drew hasn't posted in just under a month and as far as I can tell there's been no activity from Lightmare beyond posts from the community moderators. Anyone know what (if anything) is going on behind the scenes or has Lighmare just given up on pretending to care?

Members of Yodo work on this game every day and have been constantly rolling out hotfixes. Just check out the patch notes:

http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=66766.0

They are also working on advertising more at the moment, below is the link from their facebook advert:
http://vs.infinitywarsgame.com/

December was a bit quiet because Christmas :P But yea they are working on stuff and there should be an official update sometime soon.

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 07:20:43 PM »
What we're doing right now is making the NPE perfect and fixing bugs first and foremost, I am making sure that  what we've done lately is something we are all satisfied with before moving onto new things like the CPE and new Systems/Features; rather than leaving things half done and moving onto the next carrot all the time.

We don't always get it right the first time, and we have to be self-aware that we need to spend the time fixing it after it's released.
~Ian, around 03.07.2015 or earlier

Must be an amazing NPE - Daikatana had 3 years delay for huge failure, do you want to beat that?!

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 07:50:23 AM »
seriously, this is why I only visit this forum for fanfics and Benionin, feels like I'm the only one here who thinks this game is pretty alright, the rest of you can drink to death I guess.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 04:06:46 PM »
seriously, this is why I only visit this forum for fanfics and Benionin, feels like I'm the only one here who thinks this game is pretty alright, the rest of you can drink to death I guess.

Everyone here likes the game. We just hate the devs.

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 05:12:24 PM »

yeah but I like the devs too, and it's not like all the people on the forum hate the devs, just those that do are more vocal.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 07:16:34 PM »

yeah but I like the devs too, and it's not like all the people on the forum hate the devs, just those that do are more vocal.

When I said 'we' I didn't mean everyone. It was more a grouping of all the people you were criticizing.

And yeah, people can like Infinity Wars, and that's fine. You can like the devs too, if you want. I don't though, and there are others that agree with me as well. I apologize if you find our opinions tedious or offensive, but we do have good reasons for them. Or at the very least, reasons that feel like good reasons to us.

By all means if you enjoy IW, continue playing it. However, don't expect our opinions to change unless the devs actually do something constructive to change them.

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 09:36:51 PM »