Author Topic: Grimmish, Alearem combo does not work.  (Read 659 times)

Offline Number11

• View Profile
Grimmish, Alearem combo does not work.
« on: December 27, 2016, 06:02:56 AM »
I had a command of Enyah, Grimmish and Alearem. I killed my own Grimmish on the turn I had selected with Alearem. I did not lose on that turn, but the loss came one turn later. So how is it, is this a bug or is Grimmish supposed to try every turn after leaving to trigger a loss for you. From his text I would think he would only try once giving you a loss after leaving.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 06:04:27 AM by Number11 »

Offline Ben4d90

• View Profile
Re: Grimmish, Alearem combo does not work.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 05:18:58 AM »
I had a command of Enyah, Grimmish and Alearem. I killed my own Grimmish on the turn I had selected with Alearem. I did not lose on that turn, but the loss came one turn later. So how is it, is this a bug or is Grimmish supposed to try every turn after leaving to trigger a loss for you. From his text I would think he would only try once giving you a loss after leaving.

It sounds like his current effect works by checking if he is in the grave. It should only proc on the turn he dies though.

Speaking of Grimmish, you just gave me an idea for a sick deck combo using him.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 05:21:13 AM by Ben4d90 »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 07:57:04 AM »

It sounds like his current effect works by checking if he is in the grave. It should only proc on the turn he dies though.

Doesnt he leave the game on death

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 12:36:48 AM »

Yes he leaves on death or when the opponent gets control of him. As I see it, his effect should only trigger once when he leaves.

Offline Ben4d90

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 05:55:51 AM »

Yes he leaves on death or when the opponent gets control of him. As I see it, his effect should only trigger once when he leaves.

Oh, right. No idea, then. Just bugged I guess. Do you lose if control of him goes to the opponent? Because that would ruin my combo idea. Haven't been on the game and actually looked at the card in a while.

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 02:20:24 AM »

Oh, right. No idea, then. Just bugged I guess. Do you lose if control of him goes to the opponent? Because that would ruin my combo idea. Haven't been on the game and actually looked at the card in a while.

The card says "If Grimmish dies or changes controller, he leaves play and you lose the game."
So you should lose if you give the opponent Grimmish.

Offline SamPan, Who Nobody Likes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 02:59:39 AM »
But the 'you' becomes the enemy right?  :P

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 03:31:55 PM »
But the 'you' becomes the enemy right?  :P

Nope. He leaves the game before he changes controllers, so it's still you and not the opponent.

Offline ToxicShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 02:03:13 PM »
Slight update on this issue: If Grimmish dies at the turn you predicted with Alearem, you no longer lose the game. However, the second half of Alearem's ability won't trigger and your fortress health and morale aren't reset to 100.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 02:49:10 AM »
Slight update on this issue: If Grimmish dies at the turn you predicted with Alearem, you no longer lose the game. However, the second half of Alearem's ability won't trigger and your fortress health and morale aren't reset to 100.

Tbh i was under the impression the combo was the whole point of the 2 cards lol