Author Topic: infinite-network.com  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Chapmandu

• View Profile
infinite-network.com
« on: December 19, 2016, 08:17:00 PM »
In a fit of uncharacteristic optimism I decided to restore the infinite-network, starting with a simple card search. The old site isn't fit for purpose anymore so I decided to start again with a more future-proof design.

Going forward my plan is to build on on infinite-network as and when LM/Yodo improve Infinity Wars.
We fight for the users!

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
Re: infinite-network.com
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 10:13:07 PM »
Good to have you back, Chapmandu!
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Lautrec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 10:54:14 PM »
Glad to hear that the Legendary network is back! I wasn't here during the golden age but i heard a lot of good things about the network. The good times are(hopefully) ahead of us!
I am free. Now I can get back to work... Keh heh heh heh...

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 11:12:12 PM »
The new site looks nice and clean! Happy to see that you decided to resurrect it!

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 06:15:04 AM »
This is really good news, I'm glad to hear infinite network is coming back :)

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 09:09:29 AM »
yay
Goose got me loose!

Offline quangtit01

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 05:25:01 PM »
In a fit of uncharacteristic optimism I decided to restore the infinite-network, starting with a simple card search. The old site isn't fit for purpose anymore so I decided to start again with a more future-proof design.

Going forward my plan is to build on on infinite-network as and when LM/Yodo improve Infinity Wars.

This is probably one of the best new I've heard in years abt this game tbh

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 02:22:45 AM »
Glad to see you still around, Chap.

I've not played the game since I left but, without question, the community is in a much better place with Infinite Network available to them even in its simplest of forms.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Freeman

• in game nick: phaba
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 04:01:51 PM »
Looks cool. It would be even cooler if search results were updated on value change for any of the filter fields. For example if I select "Rare" it could show rares right away, without the need to push "Search". Great work nonetheless.

Offline Chapmandu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 10:18:48 PM »
Looks cool. It would be even cooler if search results were updated on value change for any of the filter fields. For example if I select "Rare" it could show rares right away, without the need to push "Search". Great work nonetheless.

This was originally to lighten the load on the server as there was an issue with performance that has since been fixed. After the deck builder is done I'll go back and look at search again.

Also since I last posted you can now click on cards to see high-res art, card details and flavor text.

It's also worth mentioning that all the card data was provided by Lightmare/Yodo1 so without their help this wouldn't be possible.
We fight for the users!

Offline Klassick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 05:11:32 AM »
More lights at the end of the tunnel :)

Welcome back

Offline Shiruji

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 05:36:23 AM »
Much thanks to Chapmandu + and his team for their efforts on the infinite-network.  As a new player, I've found the site very helpful and I'm looking forward to the deck builder. 

Also, I know that building a website is a time consuming process and I would like to help out if I can:

I am familiar with the basics of HTML and CSS.  I have a fundamental understanding of scripting/OOP.  However, if there's anything simple I can do like data entry, FTP-ing files to the server, modifying card text after patches/updates, etc... I'd be willing to help.

Though I'm not an experieced web developer, I am very interested in learning; doing so while supporting a fun game and it's community would be a pretty awesome oportunity imo.

Let me know if there's anything I can do.