Author Topic: Candit  (Read 989 times)

Offline VefomeT

• View Profile
Candit
« on: December 19, 2016, 06:21:39 AM »
Is this really this easy to defeat the head researcher of Verore?
Rita is out of controll, and where in hell is Aleta?
As I understand, death is not the end for the Verorians, especially for one of the faction leaders.
So, what if she will be exiled instead?
How about a card in the future set, like ''Candit, The Exiled'', surrounded by demons, with the flavour text about revenge and stuff?
And what about Aleta? Isn't she still imprisoned by Vasir? It is a great time to break free and reclaim your throne, rebuild your ruined keep, Aleta.
What do you guys think about theese future possibilities?

Offline belial12

• View Profile
Re: Candit
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 07:52:09 AM »
Aleta is special in that she's an immortal, while Candit is just a human.

and Aleta is imprisoned by the demon prince himself, the figure head of torment, so I don't see  her getting out of it anytime soon.

further more, Candit is killed by Rita in one of the card arts, so I think she's just gone, maybe the virus could save her? doubtful.

but don't worry, with Rita's research, it seems like they gained a new type of unit, so everything's fine.

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 05:53:22 PM »
Like Belial said, Aleta is a special case. Her immortality has to do with her identity, not with her (former) position as a CoV leader. Her imprisonment by Vasir has been going on for a while and doesn't look to end anytime soon, leaving her indisposed to returning to the Cult.

As for how difficult it was for Rita to kill Candit, well, that's unclear. Candit's less about physical combat and violence as she is about powerful spells--it's possible that Rita was able to overpower her by surprise. Without time to prepare, Candit wouldn't be much good. With time, she's much more formidable.

It's also unclear how long the struggle for power lasted. Was it a brief fight that lasted as soon as Aleta was captured (or soon after, before Candit suspected betrayal)? Did Rita invite Candit to a meeting to discuss the new leadership structure, perhaps offering to divide power between the two of them, and then attack? Like so much, especially Reish-side, the lore's unclear.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline VefomeT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 07:34:11 PM »
Death ray, mass death, death blast, etc.
Isn't death the first and most important research for the verore? The head researcher must know something about it  by now, and about the ways around it.
''Struggle for power'' ends with ''price of fame'' I think, the knife is the same.
But this is the main lore line for the verore, after Aleta's imprisonement, and Rita's victory is not the end of it, I think.
Something big will happen. I just feel it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 07:40:42 PM by VefomeT »

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 07:45:13 PM »
Candit is a noob AKA Verore Candy.  ::)
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 10:16:12 PM »
Knowing how to kill someone is different than knowing how to not get killed.

Yeah, this is the main CoV storyline, so hopefully we'll learn more about it in the future--I've always hated Rita, so I'll be glad to see her brought down a few pegs.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 12:03:53 PM »
Knowing how to kill someone is different than knowing how to not get killed.

Yeah, this is the main CoV storyline, so hopefully we'll learn more about it in the future--I've always hated Rita, so I'll be glad to see her brought down a few pegs.

you do know that candit is more or less dead, right?
with Rita leading verore, I don't see her die anytime soon, maybe when verore is rotated out? not that I think the whole rotation thing is anything but suicidal.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 01:29:46 AM by belial12 »

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 03:12:21 PM »
I'm aware that Candit is dead, yes. But, even with Rita in uncontested control of the Verore,
Quote from: Qui-gon Jin
There's always a bigger fish

Given Rita's character, I can't see her staying at this sort of narrative high point for long.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 01:06:03 AM »
I'm aware that Candit is dead, yes. But, even with Rita in uncontested control of the Verore,
Quote from: Qui-gon Jin
There's always a bigger fish

Given Rita's character, I can't see her staying at this sort of narrative high point for long.
well,  at this point Rita is the only character to lead verore, they can always introduce a new character but that just feels wrong, I mean Rita is with us from the very beginning!

you can also count in people from the exile, but i don't see that happening anytime soon, considering they are like the weakest faction narrative wise.

like seriously, who the hell is Xac? is Yagron a demon or a devil? what's up with Tyrugh? does Cresil even do anything? they could all be more powerful than Vasir, but we know NOTHING about them.

I don't see Hinekiri or Nysrugh leading verore all of a sudden, and they are pretty much the only character we know about.

Dod is out of the question, though I am curious as to when they start printing out Daode, Lingbao and Yuanshi.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 02:27:19 AM by belial12 »

Offline VefomeT

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 03:08:53 PM »
With her new powerful aberrations Rita can try to wipe out DoD completely.
Exiles are mad and irrational, driven by gluttony and lust, so they are not sane enough to rule a faction. Vasir though - he is quite sane, so he could eat Rita alive or smth, while she is overwhelmed by her new queen problems. Hinekri is a whore of Torment, I think, what else to do in the burning wastelands, so she is... out of picture, so to say, I think.
Angels interfiering is possible, imprisoning Rita, wiping of what is left of Veroria, or something like that. I am looking forward to see what will WWK do.

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 06:56:32 PM »
With her new powerful aberrations Rita can try to wipe out DoD completely.
Exiles are mad and irrational, driven by gluttony and lust, so they are not sane enough to rule a faction. Vasir though - he is quite sane, so he could eat Rita alive or smth, while she is overwhelmed by her new queen problems. Hinekri is a whore of Torment, I think, what else to do in the burning wastelands, so she is... out of picture, so to say, I think.
Angels interfiering is possible, imprisoning Rita, wiping of what is left of Veroria, or something like that. I am looking forward to see what will WWK do.
from my understanding Hinekri is a devil, not a demon, so she has no connection with Torment, and she does show some rational thoughts, but it doesn't make sense narrative wise for her to rule verore.
DOD got some friends in high places, the immortal dragon is up there on the power level of Vasir. never mind the sages, who are the avatar of three more mystical beasts.
Nysrugh could rule verore, but again, it doesn't make sense narrative wise.
Angels are waging war on all sides, so I don't see that happen logically, at least they have to sort out their civil war first.
don't know where Vasir went, but he's likely planning to fight Sol, his arch nemesis, so I don't see verore, exile or Dod as worth his effort.

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 10:05:30 PM »
I am looking forward to see what will WWK do.

Sadly, WWK isn't writing the lore anymore. As far as I know, Ian--the lead card designer--is also the head of writing. Which... isn't inspiring.

From my conversations with WWK, this recent turn of events isn't what he had planned.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:13:30 PM by Benionin »
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2016, 03:50:27 AM »
I am looking forward to see what will WWK do.

Sadly, WWK isn't writing the lore anymore. As far as I know, Ian--the lead card designer--is also the head of writing. Which... isn't inspiring.

From my conversations with WWK, this recent turn of events isn't what he had planned.
so......what's the original plan?

Online Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 04:33:25 AM »
Don't know if I can say. At any rate, it's his story to share, not mine.
Gao Han or Gao Home!

Offline VefomeT

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 10:51:44 AM »
Well, that is depressing.