Author Topic: A Serious Message to the Infinity Wars Team  (Read 480 times)

Offline platform_disciple

• View Profile
A Serious Message to the Infinity Wars Team
« on: December 16, 2016, 04:24:48 AM »
I do not usually post on the forums, but the message of this video is very important to me.

https://youtu.be/rCXt78eNq0I

For those of you who do not want to watch, here are the main points.

1. I love this game and think could be so much more if there were more/better people working on it.
2. There have been many instances of choices made by the team the cause me to question exactly what is going on behind the scenes.
3. I think I have a lot to offer and could help improve the overall quality of the game.

I want to work for this game, whether I can do it full time or just whenever possible, I want to make changes to the trend of poor quality production.

Offline goobypls

• View Profile
Re: A Serious Message to the Infinity Wars Team
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 05:17:14 AM »
You have my support! I hope LM will reach out to people as passionate about the game as you. I think we all feel the same about this game and in fact would all be willing to help the game out in whatever way we can. If you are interested in it, there's been a couple people in the community that are or have been working with the team, either as a moderator, community manager, council member, kickstarter backer, w/e. To help you forward, I'd try and and see if you can reach out to them as well. If they are willing and able to, they can share their experience with you on how it has been to work with the development team, to give you a better understanding on what has been going on behind the scenes for all these years and why are things going the way they are now. Best of luck and it's good to hear no matter what, you will continue making infinity wars content!

Offline TheDarkPrince

• The Darkness Rises
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 07:19:46 PM »
I love the game to yo I feel ya pain if I knew more abt the gaming bis I would buy it from them I hate to think I wont be able to play it year's  from now, they really dnt take this game serious trust me I have the money just don't know to much abt this but ill ride for IW till the end -thedarkprince
My Death Be With You

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 07:57:31 PM »
As someone who has sort of worked with them I can tell you that you will only end up disillusioned if you try. There are many old council members and such who quit the game after seeing a glimpse behind the scenes. Just go play the game and don't think about how Lightmare is wasting its potential because you will only end up frustrated and disappointed.

Offline platform_disciple

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 08:47:47 PM »
As someone who has sort of worked with them I can tell you that you will only end up disillusioned if you try. There are many old council members and such who quit the game after seeing a glimpse behind the scenes. Just go play the game and don't think about how Lightmare is wasting its potential because you will only end up frustrated and disappointed.

My expectations are already pretty low, but I know that if I were given any power to make even minimal changes, like I said in the video about writing patch notes when a card like Fear gets changed, there would be at least some improvement.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 09:14:15 PM »

+1

Pretty much everyone who has worked for/with LM at any point here ends up bitter and disappointed. It's a shame because IW has so much potential and there are so many super easy things to do that could improve it. (I.E. doing basic things like posting patch notes).

When these things don't happen you are sort of left with the feeling no one at LM actually cares about the game. When you see behind the scenes... Well, let's just say I wish 'not caring about the game' was the least of their problems.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 09:29:13 PM »
"Behind the scenes" Does that mean meeting Ian in person, shaking his hand, and getting a tour of the Lightmare office? I want to smell them! Smell all of the Lightmare/Yodo1 employees!

Sometimes I refuse to believe that Lightmare is full of disappointment just because the core game is pretty darn fun. However, the little things add up, and turn a potentially great game with great mechanics into a smelly pile of garbage. Lightmare/Yodo1 needs to do some spring cleaning, get rid of the bugs, and everything should be fine. The fact that they aren't even trying to do these things worry me. The most productive thing they have done relatively bug free is sell DLCs on Steam.

In my opinion, Lightmare either don't want their game to succeed, or they physically can't, due to mental barriers of coding/improving the game. Hopefully Ian, didn't netdeck Infinity Wars from somebody else and call it "his" game. This would explain a lot, such as why IW2013 was the best set, and every other set has been pretty much junk.

Please let me smell the developers!  :'(
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:06:51 AM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.