Author Topic: The IW Player's Profiles  (Read 2034 times)

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The IW Player's Profiles
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 08:25:09 PM »
The Casual Side of IW with ShamanExile

Hello rift runners!

This week ShamanExile, in his words, a "member of the pseudo casual community" has volunteered to share with us his experiences within IW. ShamanExile was eager to be profiled; and so, instead of my usual intro blather (besides this little drum-roll  ::) )  i figured we can get right to it. ShamanExile take it away!   

Hey everyone! I’m very much a casual member of the IW community; I don’t play very much competitively, and generally can be found playing Rift Runs or testing out decks in constructed. I am at heart a deck builder. I like to think of myself as semi-skilled, as I have been able to go toe to toe with some of the better players in the game and battle it out to a close finish (though I usually lose haha :P )

What's your background with Trading Card Games?

I’ve played a lot of card games. I started off collecting Pokemon but never really learned to play it. Then I jumped to YuGiOh because I saw the show and thought both it and the cards were the coolest thing ever when I was a wee lad (Red Eyes Black Dragon is the best btw). I spent a long time playing that, and while playing that I also tried out the original Digimon card game and Duel Masters (which was actually a lot of fun, though there was never anyone to play with). I also have played Hearthstone and am familiar enough with it to build a competitive arena deck for my friends when they run arena. I made the jump to MtG in high school when my buddy Benionin dragged me to it from YuGiOh. I quit YuGiOh in college and play MtG exclusively on paper, and IW on PC.

What first attracted you to IW?

Benionin actually dragged me to IW as well haha. He showed me the game one weekend and I was sucked in because of the Command Zone; I thought it was a neat way to determine what cards a player could run in their deck and was reminded of the deckmaster concept from the YuGiOh anime. Through in animated cards, and I was sold.

How long have you been playing IW?

Um, tbh I think I’ve been playing since pretty close to the beginning. Infestation had just come out, and my first ever Rift deck was Triple Sleepers of Avarrach, so you can guess how much fun that was. :) Honestly, I keep playing IW because I enjoy a lot of the mechanics and the interactions that the game has due to existing in a digital environment. I like the purity system a lot, and the command zone is probably my favorite feature of the game (just before simultaneous turns)

How often do you play?

I play in spurts. There will be weeks where I hop on every day around 11pm IWT and farm for 2 hours or more, and then there will be weeks where I log on only long enough to get my daily log-in bonuses. I’m a lot more active in game during the weekends, and have spent numerous weekends watching MtG on one monitor while testing out new deck/combo types in IW in constructed against other random players. Currently, I can usually be found active somewhere between 1am and 3am IWT

How many wins do you have in IW? What's your most memorable win?

540 Wins. That number seems a lot lower than it should be, but it’s probably about right.
 My most memorable win was either when during the IronRoot Chef tournament where I destroyed Agent Coyle GI Rush in round 1 :) or when I beat Adorabear for the first time! Not because I had just beaten Adorabear, but, because I had beaten Adorabear by just outplaying the guy. Dorby’s a great guy to play against once you get him talking, and I always have fun playing against players like good old Dorbs.

Oh, and you can ask Benionin about that one time where we were playing IW to show some of our friends, and after several games of him derping around he finally queued up Omnitron and, I, guessing correctly, metagamed him and played my World War Warpath (3 purity Warpath) deck, which is very anti-Omnitron. I’ll leave it to the players to guess how that went :)

What's your most memorable loss?

My most memorable loss? Losing to Hacker playing Mill after Rebellion came out, as I began to cycle copies of Acquire and to kill all his things in a morale race. He won, but only had somewhere around 3 morale left. It was a difficult game/matchup, and I know he and I chatted about it afterwards.

Which play mode do you enjoy the most?

The play mode I most frequent is constructed, but right now rifts(draft) seem to be taking the lead in that category. With the exception of one card (cough acquire cough) I think rift is in the healthiest place its been since I started playing after Infestation, with multiple factions aside from Warpath/Sleepers being viable strategies.

Do you play ranked?

I do not play ranked, solely because I choose to focus my competitive efforts on MtG instead. I find I do not have the patience or desire to play Ranked, as many ranked decks to me are often very boring/repetitive as everyone flocks to the best meta deck of the format.

How do like the tournament scene? Do you plan on participating in more?

Now that they're happening on a more frequent basis and I'm getting back into playing more than once or twice a week, I think I'll start picking em up here and there.
Mostly, though, it's more of a format specific and a timing specific thing though.
Like the special tournaments and pauper? yeah, I'd play in those in a heartbeat because they're neat and unique and aren't modes supported by the game normally; and they allow me to flex my deckbuilding muscles/skills.

Do you think there is such thing as a normal mode meta?

Yes.
It's more diverse than ranked, but I think it's definitely there; since normal acts as the testbed for ranked, I run into a lot of people testing out new decks/interactions, such as Grimmish aggro or Death Blast.The meta is definitely slower though. With the exception of Bio-Paladin 2.0, which is Bio-Tulio.

How do you feel about people playing meta decks in normal? (i mean beyond just working on optimizing those decks)

I don't mind too much, since it could be argued that I do too? I think its alright as long as they're not spamming Mill (and that's only 1 person who's trying to reinvent the deck).
It gives people practice playing the decks and playing against the decks; and sometimes, you think someone's playing a meta deck but then they're actually playing their own pet version of it that works differently on one level or another (my Triple Verore Death Spells for all the Days + Oblivion being one of the latter)

What's your favorite win strategy/condition?

Overwhelming desolation of my opponent mwhahaha! Actually, it’s swarming the board with a megaton of creatures and then swinging for game, or wiping out all of my opponent’s creatures and winning with a singular champion. I play a wide variety of decks to support these, with my main three decks being my homebrew Oblivion deck, Undead Klore, and Warpath. My Agent Coyle, Divine Demonic deck is currently under reconstruction, as is my Tygrugh deck.

Seen any good decks/strategies recently?

There was someone a few weeks ago who was trying very hard to break Grimmish. It was a very well put together deck, and I think if I hadn’t been running my Oblivion deck with 3 copies of Annihilate and too many death spells to dodge, I would’ve lost. While the deck needed tuning, it was very well put together, and I know that at some point I will emulate the build in an attempt to improve upon the list, since I think Grimmish is a neat card.

Are you working on any new deck ideas currently? If so, do you mind sharing what it is?

New Decks? Currently working on a new dragon reanimator deck starring Dragon of the Autumn Wind and Hunted Dragon, because a hasty Wind Dragon turn 6 can be pretty scary.
I’m also working on a new Exiles/Warpath deck to spam Agent Coyle with, but that’s a very rough concept right now.

What's your most favorite deck that you've played/seen?

That I’ve played? Probably Divine Demonic/Mad Monk the day after release. When those two cards first came out, everyone said that they were trash and not strong at all; I built the deck around 10 hours after the release of Order, and took it to some insane number of wins in a row in what was at the time known as Normal (now Constructed). The deck is quite outdated now, and I’m actually working on upgrading it as we speak (er...type).

My current favorite deck is my Tygrugh deck, which got some massive updates thanks to Rebellion and me finally acquiring an Agent Coyle, Hellbringer. Now to farm Rifts until I pull that Yagron I so desperately need!

While on the topic of cool decks, I have to give a shoutout to the most divisive deck in the game: Mill. Idr who came up with it, but when I first ran into the deck in normals, I had no idea what was going on. After I lost, I kept playing until i ran into it again, and after several more losses I finally started piecing it together. Kudos to whoever built that deck; it was a beauty way back when.

What's your favorite faction(s)?

My favorite faction(s) are as follows: Exiles, Verore, Warpath, Sleepers. I’m a fan of the Exiles because I love the Exile mechanic, and think that it is criminally underused within IW gameplay and card design.

As Benionin will attest, I am one of them evil Verore players. I’ve been a fan of the faction since day 1, as my first rare card and build around was Rita, Shadow Priestess. I think I had some 8 decks built around her, splashing all the factions, at one point or another. And I love smashing face with Warpath, especially Hidden by Clouds.

My least favorite faction is probably the DoD, and that’s just because if I’m stalling in a game, I’d rather do it through the denial of my opponent’s resources. The faction sadly just isn’t my style of play. I do play it, more often than I’d admit, but whenever I’m trying out a new deck idea, DoD is usually 2nd on the list, just because I want to find a way for me to play it.

What's your favorite card? card animation? character?

Ok, so there are a lot of these, but I’ll keep it to two (maybe 3 :P )

Favorite Card: Rita, Mistress of Shadow. She’s a strict upgrade to my original favorite card, and I think that she is not only well designed, but also pretty fairly balanced for what she does. She provides early game to a lot of decks to help combat FD rush, and she has really cool art.

Card Animation: Probably Agent Coyle, Divine Demonic or Agent Coyle, Zomborg. They have really cool art and really neat animations, especially Zomborg’s art that evolves as he does.

My absolute most favoritest art in game, however, is that of Kali, Ascended. Dude, I want a 5x8 ft wall hanging of that art. Or poster. That art is so glorious I wish I could print it on custom card sleeves to sleeve up my MtG decks with. Awesome art!

What are your thoughts on how rebellion is changing the game both in normal and rift?

Rebellion has actually made Rift playable again; by both, making DoD actually a good choice with the addition of Shun Howl's Urn and Host of the Ancestors, and by all sneaky like raising the power levels of the other factions.

As far as for Normals, Rebellion introduced a lot of new strategies (like Martyrs) and revived old ones (like Bio-Paladin)

What are your favorite rift combos?

I'm a huge fan of Sleepers + Flame Dawn, because its a very aggressive combo that can go right under other decks really quick while still having inevitability due to the sleepers top end.
Sleepers + Warpath is nuts due to the same reason, except the Warpath provide the late game there and a lot of Fight abilities.
Personally, I think the overall strongest thing in rift is 3GI due to Omnimind and War Machine. Of all the factions, 3GI gives you the best shot at assembling a meta deck in Rift (though RNG does limit your success). Likewise, 3SoA is just plain bonkers in Rift; same with Overseers.

Which cards do you think are best in rift?

Anything that has untouchable or with multiple lives, since they are very hard to get off the board without either a strong creature or multiple kill spells. And, board wipes like Shikana; but most importantly, flying in Rift is King.
No flying = No long win streaks.

Are there any cards that you'd "snap pick" every time?

Host of the Ancestors
Rita (either version-really good)
Jubalia
Eaten by Zombies
Flagbearer/anything with Charge
Bloodthirsty & Diseased zombies
Recycle (max 2)
Dragon Project
War Machine
Firebolt
Mark of the Demon/Demonize are also really strong.

Do you have any rift run strategies for new rift players?

I mean, as a new player or someone new to Rift I can't emphasize enough how important it is to go read the Rift Run guides on the forums. I know that  Adorabear's has really helped me out, and I know some other folks have put out more recent ones.
Right now I'd say splashing Warpath + anything is really strong just because WP has huge fatties that hit in the middle of your curve; but, if it can be pulled off, Triple anything is very strong (except Flame Dawn that is-very hard to get good late game there)
And DoD is fairly strong if you can hit 2 purity with it.
Typically I'm gunning for SoA + either OoS or FD though, since I've had my best runs with those combinations.

Do you have any general advice for new players?

Talk to the old guys, if you can find them. The WWI Veteran equivalents, so to speak. (pre-Yodomare and pre-Oppression being my cutoff for that). IW is a great game, and once you get past the salt layer of the community, you can find a bunch of people who enjoy playing the game and having fun. I can’t tell you how many new players I’ve run into recently who’ve given me hope for the game.

What do you think are the most common problems in new player deck building? Care to share any deck building tips for the new players?

Trying to play too many 4-7 drops; or, seeing a really good card, like Super Infectious Zombie, and running them in the main deck in an otherwise aggro based SoA deck (something that I just ran into when deckbuilding). And a lot of that can be learned via trial and error, right? So more than anything it's the question of WHY something didn't work vs. Why did I lose? Now granted sometimes its just straight up RNG screw, but a lot of the time its more of a "my deck didn't do its thing"
I think Enyah is a prime ex of why players in general struggle with deck building
"so many good/cool/neat cards; which ones do I pick?"

Since you first started playing, do you feel the changes that have happened have been mostly positive or more negative?

Well ain't that a loaded question haha. I think in the end they've overall been for the better. Being a member of the old guard as it were, I think that the departure of Teremus and many of the Infinity Council from the game was really bad for the game and the reason it almost died. So much of the community is holding onto some discontent (or whatever you wanna call it) and  it tends to come across as more negative.
I'll avoid talking about the campaign.

What do you think is in store for IW in the future?

Short answer: IW will either learn in the post Rebellion era and continue to release increasingly better sets, or they won’t, and the game will go for a third lap through development hell.

I really wish that the devs would bring back pauper and merged as game modes, even if most people don't play them. Merged was a riot, and i think that pauper would be more appealing to a lot of the newer players who are coming in post Rebellion (I keep running into them and its great!!)

Is there anything else you'd like to share/say?

Just a general thank you to you, Tamerlane! You’ve been a blast to play/interact with in game since I first ran into you last fall/summer, and I really like these player profiles and the fact that you’re doing them. I think it adds a little something that our community really needs.thanks for letting me be a part of this awesomesauce you've got going on.

Benionin, come at me broski.

And to all y’all new players who are reading this: feel free to hit me up anytime, either via pm on the forums (I’ll get an email notification so I’ll respond at some point haha :P ) or direct message me in game and feel free to add me. I am a self styled deck mechanic, and love going over building decks with limited (or vast) resources."

Thanks for volunteering Shaman, it was a pleasure interviewing you! and thank you for the heart warming thanks in your questionnaire answers. i'm glad you're enjoying the profiles! :)

ShamanExile is yet another friendly member of our community and is helpful, welcoming, and all around fun to play against. I hope you enjoyed our quick glimpse at the lighter, casual side of IW.   

This series will be open to all players from casual noobs to seasoned rift running vets. Hopefully this can be an insightful article series that will help foster an even greater understanding of who we all are as players by sharing our stories, and sharing with the community some of the thoughts and play styles of our players.

SHARE YOUR STORY! THE SPOTLIGHT IS ON YOU!
If YOU would like to be interviewed for the IW Player's Profile please PM me in the forums and YOU TOO could have you're very own Player Profile posted on the forums and shared with the rest of the IW community!
MAY ALL YOUR PENTA PACKS HAVE LEGENDS AND MAY ALL YOUR RIFT RUNS BE REWARDING!
Author, Editor, Head Researcher, and Chief Interviewer of The IW Player's Profiles

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 08:30:02 PM »
Next week The IW Player's Profiles will be talking with a player of rank and member of the tourney team: Akihisa (IGN Antvenomer)! If you'd like me to ask Akihisa any questions on your
behalf please PM me on the forums...and check back at the end of next week for our
full interview!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 10:42:02 AM by TameRlane »
Author, Editor, Head Researcher, and Chief Interviewer of The IW Player's Profiles

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 11:33:36 PM »
Addressing the Lord of the West: Akihisa!

Salutations, rift runners!

This week we commune with "the land down unda" and talk with Akihisa, the Lord of the West.  Like all the other "cool kids" (his words) he started his TCG experiences with YuGiOh. He began playing online games for awhile but stopped after having some toxic community experiences. Years later, he was introduced to IW and has been playing ever since.

"Greetings fellow fleshlings! My anonymous online alias is Akihisa (IG Antvenomer)
    I'm an amateur ranked player and an aspiring member of the wider IW community."

So the first thing i did was ask him about how he plays IW and his general experience.

Well, I first made my account back just after Infestation dropped, but I didn't like it much at the time. I revisited the game a little over a year ago and I've been playing ever since.

How often do you play?

I play IW in between playing Smite with my clan (Facelaser Incorporated)

I play a lot of ranked because as narcissistic as it is, I enjoy getting my name up there on the leaderboards in the hope that one day Ill become a known name in the communitty.

How often do you play ranked?

Well, I really only come online these days to play ranked and that's for about 6 hours a week

What was your highest ranked position ever?

I've gotten to number 1 several times, but again, before players like Ben4, Punkfloyd and Rawonall start their ranked grind. Last season I ended at 26 after falling from 11 because I thought we'd get the rewards from when the reset was SUPPOSED to happen
turns out I was wrong and "Yodo y u do dis tu meh?"

Do you play rift?

No I do not.

Why not?

I just don't like the lack of freedom, I know you get options but I like building my own deck in the builder rather than picking the best option of the 4 presented to me.

Have you played in any of the past tournaments?

I have attempted to many a time, but Ive missed every opportunity to because of the time difference. I hail from the land down unda, as such its often the afternoon/early evening for America while us here in the land of crocs and vegemite are still asleep/just waking up.

How many wins do you have in IW?

As of writing this I am at 1420 wins.

Getting that huge final attack in and seeing the largest negative health number possible on the win screen.

Would you share with us either your most memorable win or most memorable loss?

My most memorable loss was my first game against a veteran over a year ago. I was but a humble noob playing in casual when all of a sudden I felt a *thunk* as something landed on my head.
I removed the foreign fuzzy object from my head only to discover it was the king of dropbears himself, Adorabear.
I was running my endless horde deck (yes I actually have a semi-viable endless horde deck) while lord dropbear was running mechborn aggro.
With no vegemite on hand to spread behind the ears, I was forced to fight the vicious creature...
I didn't stand a chance (no surprise). That game showed me just how far I had to go, and got me motivated to be a better player. Thanks Adorabear!

My favourite is my nysurgh/coyle/last sleeper deck variant, I love watching my opponents frustration as I kill them with their own cards. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

What's your favorite card?

The last sleeper. I just reckon it looks cool, n its effect is pretty powerful too!

Least favorite card?

Least favorite would be Coyle Assimilator. Why does he have tentacles? Why does he have random staples in his head? Why is he doing his best impression of the undertaker by rolling his eyes into the back of his head? Why does he overall look like he just woke up with a massive hangover? What about any of this makes him an "assimilator"? THIS CARDS DESIGN DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!

Seen any good decks/strategies recently? Are you working on any new deck ideas currently? if so, do you mind sharing what it is?

Have I seen any good deck? Of course, I get paired against veterans all the time and it hurts both my soul and my ranked score.
Have I seen any interesting decks? Plenty. There's this guy who I keep getting paired against named Horlas, while hes not the best player his deck ideas are most certainly unique...
At the moment I'm working on a 2 Oos/SoA deck because I couldn't decide whether to make a OoS deck or a SoA, so, a little voice in my head went...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkD9zLtUkAED-lQ.jpg

You're almost always near the top of the ranked leaderboard when did you first feel like you were "Gitting Gud?"

T'was the first week of December last year. I finally decided to start taking ranked seriously, so I played a bit and ended up at the no.1 spot at 1700 points. Again, at least until the veteran squad logged on...

Do you have any advice for new players?

Queue ranked, give veterans free points.
*ahem*
I mean... I know the queue times for new players are painfully long, but once you hit level 20 that becomes far less of a problem, and, you also start to get more IP for pack to build a collection. Basically, level 20 is when the fun really starts. :)

In your opinion, what's the most important requirement if one wants to climb the ranked ladder?

Having a competitive deck obviously, but also being aware of what other skilled players are online and queued, as well, so you know what decks you're likley to face;
and choosing an appropriate deck to counter.

Akihisa is also on the tourney team! What does he have to say about the new developments we are seeing?

Your on the tourney team, any plans for the future development of the tournament scene?

I would obviously love to see more players participate in the tournaments as well as the League that we are developing. I'm hoping the design of the league as well as its reward setup will incentivize more players to take part, for newbies to try their luck and for vets to return to a competitive play scene (Come back to us Merlin!).

What exactly is this league about?
like structure etc..
in your opinion why do you think it needs to be created?

Ooooooooh, Getting me to spill secrets eh?
Okay.
Where to start with this...
The purpose of the league, is to introduce a larger, more competitive, tournament scene, that would be held on a regular basis; either weekly or bi-weekly.
The league would also have more coverage; with, player interviews/profiles, decklists and stream coverage.
Every player will play 4 "Qualifier" matches where they will be paired at random with other players who have entered the league. Each match will earn them points that will determine which division they will go into. There are currently 5: Diamond, Gold, Silver, Iron and Wood.
Each division will then have its own ladder that will determine the position/ranking of each player, and rewards respectively.
As of right now, nothing is finalized; and we are still brainstorming and collecting feedback from the wider community. Please PM me if you have any questions/suggestions.

When do you think we will see the return of the weekend swiss?

The weekly swiss is my boss Chester's domain. He's currently holding poles and having discussions as to what day the weekly tournament should be held. Keep and eye on Chester's posts on the forums to keep up to date on the status of the weekly swiss.

And of course, what about the future of IW!?

Since you first started playing IW, do you feel the changes that have happened have been mostly positive or more negative?

I'd say every pack drop was a good one, regardless of what cards were added because it added more content to the game.
However, the client has been almost UNTOUCHED since I first tried the game almost 4 years ago. I think the devs need to cast shattering veil on that untouchable aspect of the client, and get to squashing some of those bugs; perhaps even redesigning it completely (with a spectate feature preferably).
Regardless of this games flaws, I enjoy playing it greatly.
Once I found the wider community, this became one of my favorite games of all time; simply, because of how you KNOW the people you're going up against.
They're you're friends from the forums; that you've spent hours talking to, and I haven't come across another game that has anything like this.

What are your thoughts on how rebellion is changing the game?

I think that Rebellion introduced the most broken card for any given faction ever: Martyr of Life. And then, Warpath ALSO got that new Dragon that's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too powerful; because, it's a USABLE Dragon with HASTE that's essentially an Acquire (which is unbalanced on its own) with a body.
The other factions got some interesting additions; and it most definitely shifted up the game a bit. However, I think this was only a small step in the right direction. I think that some of those cards need rebalancing in some way.
Regardless of how defiant those engineers of software want to be, they've got no way to canopy DEFEND from the criticism.

What do you think is instore for IW in the future?

I think this game has all the potential to become as popular as more mainstream digital card games *COUGH HEARTHSTONE COUGH* but how far it goes will depend on how much effort Yodo wants to put in.

And there we have it! That's how Akihisa plays our splendid game! I hope you enjoyed! Keep coming back for more IW Players' Profiles!

This series will be open to all players from casual noobs to seasoned rift running vets. Hopefully this can be an insightful article series that will help foster an even greater understanding of who we all are as players by sharing our stories, and sharing with the community some of the thoughts and play styles of our players.
If YOU would like to be interviewed for the IW Player's Profile please PM me in the forums and YOU TOO could have you're very own Player Profile posted on the forums and shared with the rest of the IW community!

"To those I've beaten in the past, thank you for getting me to where I am today.
    For those who I am to fight in the future, prepare yourselves.
    For those who join me in my efforts, I look forward to the times we will spend together on the path to victory.

Others may come and go, but we'll be here forever..."

~Akihisa

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2017, 04:27:20 PM »
An Interesting Interview with Interesting_Socks

Hello Rift Runners!

This week the IW Players' Profiles has the privileged to talk with Interesting_Socks. Mr. Socks is a player of rank, Community Moderator, a member of the Balance Team, and an all around insightful and helpful member of our community. In this interview we get a glimpse at the goings on behind the scenes of IW as well as  an opportunity to gleam some tips and tricks from one of IW's top players.

...Some people think I used to be called 182JaJa182 (the greatest player ever to grace this game (aka the legend182)) but you shouldn't believe everything you read in the Infinity Wars discord chat.

So, you 'officially' signed off in Dec. 2015... what made you quit IW?

The game got stale for me; As they do for everyone at times.

What made you come back?

I missed it. I was playing miracle rogue in Hearthstone and realised how much more fun Tinkercide was. I came back to play a game and well, I don't know what happened  ;D.

i take it you plan on staying with IW now?

Probably not forever. I'm getting too old now, I don't have as much time for gaming anymore.

How/when did you become a moderator?

I have no idea how. I was first asked on the 19th of November and I became a mod on the 28th (2016). I agreed to do it because I want to help this game;and more communication with the devs is also nice.

Do you find being a mod difficult?

No, if people thought I wasn't doing a good enough job I would step down. I don't feel any pressure,

You're also on the balance team, what is that like?

Talking about changes to cards is very interesting to me; I like it a lot. It's also interesting to see how people react to changes, The changes to the legendaries should be interesting. But the balance team can be a bit confrontational at times too, everyone has strong opinions

Is it hard for the team to agree on change suggestions?

No that parts easy, everyone's happy to compromise. Its just the discussions before we vote that get heated.

So in general how goes the balance work?

We discuss which cards need changing; then each card gets its own discord channel, and we talk about each card and come up with solutions. Then we vote on the best solution and present our changes to the Devs.

What do you think is the most important thing to consider when you suggest balance changes?

Just combinations with the card, decks it could be used in and cards of a similar power level. But there's quite a few things that go into the discussions

Like what? Are you able to elaborate?

Sometimes we could balance a card, so that it is used a lot in the current metagame but it might make the game less fun. So I guess the direction certain cards could take the metagame. There's also purities, we don't want to give someone no reasons to run 2purity x, because 1p has all the best tools.

Is there any way that the community can help?

Yea there is; suggest ideas. I try to read as many as I can.
1) It sometimes presents useful suggestions
2) It gives you an idea of everyone's perception of a card.
The balance team will be moving on to epics soon, you could either present ideas to me, or post them on the forum and that would be most helpful.

I've been playing for about 2 years now. Mind games are definitely my favorite part, I love out-predicting people.

How often do you play?

I play mostly during the week, 6pm-12pm IWT

Ranked.

What do you enjoy about it?

It's the most competitive game mode and I want to be the very best.

Do you play rift?

No.

Why not?

I don't find the matches challenging enough and you have a lot less options in rift, which makes it more boring for me.

Do you play in tournaments?

I would if I could. I just don't have the time at weekends.

What's your favorite faction?

At the moment its Warpath, I just love big creatures. Least favorite is definitely exiles, it just doesn't have an identity that you can attach to.

FACE DAMAGE!! Alternative win conditions are for pansies. Get out of your support zone and meet me on the battlefield, then we'll see who the real victor is.

Of all time? Tinkercide

You just have so many options, so many different ways to build the deck and play the deck. The deck has an insanely high skill cap, so you come out of every game (win or loss) knowing you could have played better, always something you can improve on. And that's really what I enjoy.

What's your favorite card? card animation? Character?

Spawn Fierce Companion of course, awesome color scheme and just a great piece of art.

I've posted a list of some of the most popular strategies I see at the moment.

But I'm particularly enjoying the 2COV 1SOA Malignant deck.

Malignant is an awesome character and this deck really uses it to it's full potential. Despite my macho bashing of alternative win conditions earlier, this deck can be quite fun to play. You get to approach each match-up in a completely different manor, mulliganing for completely different cards and it just makes each match feel totally different.

3607 wins, which isn't really that many considering how long I've been playing. I should rename myself Sucky_Socks.

My most memorable win is on youtube.

I managed to draw through almost my entire deck against FD OS and win with combo. There was probably loads of misplays on both sides, but it was a lot of fun. Shout out to JustDuelandLose though, great player and I hope he returns to Infinity Wars one day.

Do you plan on making more IW videos?

I plan to do more streaming, but my mics broken and I need to get a new one. I enjoy streaming quite a bit more than youtube because you get instant feedback.

You've also authored several forum guides for new players (predicting in IW and positioning in IW) do you plan on  writing any more?

I don't think I'm good enough at the game to write any more high level guides
I think a lot of players need to work on their mechanics and a guide on just general good plays in Infinity Wars would be very helpful; but I'm not the person to write it. I might encourage someone else to though.

You've often helped players with their deck building problems; what would you say are the most common pitfalls deck building?

Using more than 40 cards
And using bad cards
But experience is the only thing that helps with not using bad cards.

Care to name a few?

There's loads I see all the time.

Invincible Defender
Skraar's Young
Matriarch
the 4 cost guy takes 2 less damage from all sources.
Unending Drone

Only use 40 cards in your deck, play as many games as you can, pester everyone you meet for practice matches and steal as many decks as you can get your hands on.

What kinds of decks would you suggest for new players?

Right now?
2FD 1GI, the token aggro deck. Aggro's good for new players in general, because they only have to focus on one zone.

That's if they want to win.

Midrange decks are really good for learning everything about IW's gameplay mechanics;
and 2GI 1OoS, or 3GI would be a good midrange deck to use.

So what would you say is the most important thing to consider for players trying to climb the ranked leaderboard?

Focus on your mechanics and core gameplay strategy. You don't need to predict if you can outplay your opponent. And if you're thinking a step ahead of your opponent, then they can't predict you.

In the past, you were very outspoken about toxicity when rebellion was being released, what are your thoughts on how rebellion is changing the game?

Well people say the metagame has gotten faster; but last month I played some of the longest ranked matches I ever had, multiple games lasting over an hour. But in general I do think rebellion is more RNG based than previous metagames.

On the whole, do you feel it's been more positive or negative?

Well I'd say it's worse than previous metagames; but the fact is its just different.
I'd rather have rebellion than not have it basically. Because you can't keep playing the same meta.

What do you mean worse?

I think the difference between a top level deck and a deck of random cards has increased dramatically. Which is a problem for new players. And the metagame in general is more RNG based
FD GI vs FD GI is a very card draw based mirror match.
Mill vs Mill is often won by whoever draws the most Acquires.
Martyr of Life is twice as strong if it draws gift of the passing turn 1.
But like I said, I'd rather have rebellion than not have it.

Being a moderator and on the IW Balance Team, I have a pretty good idea of where Infinity Wars is heading.

If you're looking for news about the game, check out some of the posts from ES, our new Community Manager

Are there any specific card abilities, types or gameplay mechanics you'd like to see implemented in the future?

I'd like to see more healing. Both fortress and unit healing. The stuff present in IW at the moment is quite weak.

And with that, we conclude another edition of the IW Players' Profiles. Thank you Interesting_Socks for volunteering to share your knowledge of IW with the community. Hopefully, the tips and advice you shared will help us all become better players and give us a deeper understanding of the game that we all enjoy.

i hope you enjoyed our interview! Come back next week for more IW Players' Profiles.  See you around the rifts!

"...Socks are inherently boring." -Interesting_Socks

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 08:20:39 PM »
Next week The IW Player's Profiles will be talking with Drewmb10, one of our top draft players! If you'd like me to ask Drewmb10 any questions on your behalf please PM me on the forums...and check back at the end of the week for our full interview!

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2017, 05:10:29 AM »
The Friendly Beast of the Rifts, Drewmb10

Salutations Rift Runners!

This week in the IW Players' Profiles, we hear from one of our top tier draft players: Drewmb10. Be warned reader, if you find yourself running the rifts and happen to cross paths with Drew, be on your guard; if you haven't noticed he's consitently at the top of the board and a merciless draft player. 

Drew started his TCG experiences as a child, with Pokemon. Although, as he explained to me, he hardly ever played the game like it was meant to be played.

I just collected the cards in a blue binder cause I was cool. Super cool.

One day, in a fit of boredom, Drew was browsing the web for free card games. He came across IW and being drawn in by the fully animated cards, we all gained another friendly, skilled, and frequent     IW player.

...I don't think I have a specific role in this game other than to keep boosting the numbers on Steam charts (seriously... I play every single day).

How often are you confused with our former CM: DrewUniverse?

Honestly, at least once per week. I'll get comments in-game like, "Hey Drew! I love your tournaments!" or "When is the next weekly post?"
I'm the actual Drew! that's not his real name

I've been here for 2.5 years now. The simultaneous turns is for sure my favorite feature of the game. It's unlike anything I've experienced before, especially being new to digital card games (kinda hard to do that with a physical game).

How often do you play?

I play every day. Usually I'll get about 5-10 games in with my morning coffee/breakfast, head off to work, and then play about the same amount in the evening. My most active times are around 12am and 12pm IWT

What's your favorite faction?

Warpath has to be my favorite. I've always been attracted to the natural world, travelling, hiking, watching nature documentaries, etc. Playing that faction reminds me about some of my great experiences outside. Also, Skraar is king.

My least favorite faction has to be DoD. I'm not a fan of defensive strategies in any game, ever. To give you an idea of how I like to play video games, I'll describe my Dark Souls tactics: naked, skill points in strength and endurance, and wielding a giant club. Defense is not my cup of tea.

My favorite win strategy is hitting the fortress by surprise. Whether that's from hasted or charge characters, or simply buffing a little weenie from command to finish it off, I like the element of surprise.

Favorite deck to play in normals is probably the Assimilator deck. Play lots of little zombies and bots that seem unassuming only to have them all buffed from multiple luccas and swing for massive damage. AC Assimilator + Luccas is a great combo.

Historically, I've always like Hunted Dragon. There's something about knowing you've just given your opponent a super cheap way to deal with the dragon you just deployed leads to some fantastic mind games.

My least favorite card has got to be Shrine to the Heavens. It's lame and never fun to play against.

Several people have shared cool-looking Alearem decks on discord. I hardly ever play constructed, so I've yet to try them out.

5373 wins currently.

My most memorable win was probably this one:

Closest finish I've ever had.

I can't think of a single loss that has stuck with me long enough to remember it. I will say I recently had a 25-0 draft run end because I lost 3 in a row. That left a bad taste.

You were a tester on the old PBE. For those who dont know, what was the PBE?

I've done some testing on the PBE, but very little overall. PBE stands for Public Beta Environment. The team can test the latest patches and cards here before it goes live to the public.

Is it a separate server? does it still exist?

I'm not seeing it as available right now, but it is a setting you can/could change through Steam to opt into the PBE server. Last time I did this was around Rebellion release iirc. It's now limited to those on the balance team (if I heard that on Discord correctly...).

What was it like on the PBE?

You start out at level 20 and have access to 50? copies of every card, along with 500,000 IP and LP. The goal for the community was/is to try out problematic cards and try to replicate bugs for the team to catch before they get released to the live server. Sometimes I just enjoyed hopping on there to open up a ton of packs to satisfy that craving... XD

And what did *you* play on it? i.e. more draft or constructed?

I didn't draft on there because very few people were on at any given time. I did play constructed a few times with specific decks to try and cause desyncs with DrewU.

Do you play ranked?

I played ranked for the 3 seasons before Rebellion hit. While it was fun climbing the ladder for awhile, the mode just became stale when I kept running into the same decks. I put in enough time to get into the top 10 each time and then went back to draft.

Do you play in Tournaments?

I've played in 3 tourneys so far. I just find it hard to devote a large chunk of time to participate. RL things come up frequently, so I don't like being tied down to a specific time to play.

I play draft waaaaaaay more than any other mode.

What do you like about it?

I think it's the best mode because you never know what deck you'll be making and also what deck your opponent will be bringing to the table. I've learned so much and grown as a player from playing draft. It forces you to play outside of your comfort zone if you allow yourself to draft factions that aren't your go-to in normal or ranked.

What was your highest number or rift run wins ever? What cards did you use?

My best run was 58 wins. That was back before the mode was heavily updated. I had Aleta Caretaker, Infected Devil, and Hungry Devil in command. Basically, I could just buff up some consume creatures long enough to stall for Descension. The run started off at 13-2, then I found my groove and won the next 45. Really enjoyed that one.

Which cards and/or factions do you think are best in rift?

It used to be 3WP and 3SoA were the dominant factions. Sleepers got nerfed a bit and GI now seems to be the strongest in my opinion. In general, cards that are all around consistent perform best. It's really hard for a draft deck to succeed if it relies on combos to win.
Low cost cards like Support Drone, Taiga, etc. make for great decks if you can get a smooth low-cost curve.

So what would you say is the most important thing to consider when making draft picks?

Adorabear has outlined basically everything I could mention about making draft picks in his Rift Run Guide. I learned a lot about how to draft properly by reading that. A good word of advice to people new to draft is that rarity and premium cards don't matter if you want to build a deck that wins games. Go for strong, creature based decks with around 10-15 abilities for removal.

Are there any cards that you'd "snap pick" every time regardless of deck?

Each faction has a few must-haves if you're lucky enough to get them. Descension for Ex, Splitter for GI, Mass Death for CoV, Heavenly Wish for OoS, Skraar for WP, Engine of Reincarnation for SoA, Flame Dawn Commando for FD, and if you happen to read this before Host of the Ancestors gets nerfed, then that one is crazy for DoD.
Also Helix Worm... a nightmare to play against.

So would you say rift is more of a character brawl, or do abilities/ combo decks have a fighting chance?

You can certainly build ability driven or combo decks if you know what you're doing. In general though, I'd say stick to solid creatures if you're unsure of what your deck's gameplan will be. I've got a pretty cool Tinkercide-inspired deck going right now, so it's definitely not out of the question.
Winning via morale is much harder to do in draft than in constructed in my experience.

What are your favorite rift combos?

As I mentioned earlier, Assimilator + Lucca is pretty great if you are lucky enough to get at least one of those in command (makes the combo a little easier to pull off). Other combos are really hard to counter, such as Emberstarter + Higher Calling. Combos like buffing an opponents character to try to Dragon Collar it are much more risky and I wouldn't recommend doing that unless you are desparate or sure that they will play the card.

Favorite rift purity combos?

FD/GI/OoS work really well together, WP/DoD can take a beating, and if you want to try a morale deck then Ex/DoD have some good tools for that.

Pay attention to what your opponent does. You'll learn a lot faster by getting smoked by good players than you will playing bots or the campaign over and over. Take your time and think about what possible cards can be played and anticipate your opponent's moves.

Do you have any personal rift run strategies for new rift players that you'd like to share?

Watch other people draft via streaming and learn why they picked what they picked. Getting good at draft takes time. Cards that might be good in constructed might not necessarily be good in draft, so just keep trying things until you get an understanding of what style works for you. Then fine tune your own strategy.

So what would you say is the most important thing to consider for players trying to climb the draft leaderboard?

A common strategy used in every mode: use the knowledge of what purities your opponent is playing to try and predict what cards he has access to and what cards he could play any given turn.

Would you suggest the rift token purchase to new players?

It's a good value if you have the IP. The problem with buying rift tokens in bulk is that it is very easy to just look at a deck, abandon it, and effectively throw all your hard-earned IP away. If a new player buys the rift tokens, they shouldn't abandon any deck. Learning through losing is an important part of the game. Plus, you can still get some IP back even if you don't win a game.

What are your thoughts on how rebellion has changed the game?

I can't speak of the game's meta right now because I haven't played ranked or much constructed since the set came out. I will say that I do like the set a lot more than people give it credit for. There are a few bad eggs that still need adjusting, don't get me wrong. However, I'm seeing more variety in draft than I had been before the set came out. There are quite a few viable purity combinations that hadn't been that great before that we are now seeing.

Are there any changes in gameplay or mechanics you'd like to see implemented in the future (or in draft specifically)?

I'd like to see more late-game battling with expensive creatures/abilities. Rush is pretty dominant and many low cost creatures are better to play than a couple higher costed ones. A slower game seems like it would be fun to experience.

Since you first started playing, do you feel the changes that have happened have been mostly positive or negative?

While the changes have been slow, I'd definitely say the game has moved in a positive direction since then. I enjoy playing even more now than I did in the beginning.

IW's future seems much brighter now than it has been recently. I don't know the details of what's going on behind the scenes with the devs, but I like the direction it is headed in. I really hope they can get a solid marketing plan down. It's been really lacking since I've been playing. Whenever the game is in a state to do so, I'd love more people to know about this game.

If you are new, please don't hesitate to talk to me in game. I really do enjoy talking about strategies with the inexperienced player. I've met some pretty cool people in this game. Friendly conversations with you all help reinforce my love for this game.

Drewmb10 although shy, is yet another of our friendly community members. He volunteered for our  interview because he can be quiet in game and wanted to share his story. So, if as you're out running the rifts and happen to queue into Drew, be glad, you're playing against a friend! However, you're also playing against one of draft's toughest veteran opponents; so, be afraid.... be very afraid...and of course, Good Luck and Have Fun!   

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2017, 12:47:41 AM »
The New Scrublord: Newport5000

Hello rift runners!

The IW Players' Profiles is back and this week we talk with one of our newer players: Newport5000!
You may have already noticed Newport, for although he's fairly new to IW he's already made it to the top of the ranked leaderboard as one of IW's rising stars. Recently, Newport has been playing Yugioh competitively for about 7 years and in general has a competitive background in TCGs. He was introduced to IW through a RL buddy, and is now a passionate player who enjoys collecting alt art cards and playing rift.

Enjoy!

So, how long have you been playing IW?

I've been playing for roughly 2 months now, since winter break from college. What keeps me playing is the intricacies of the game, it incorporates a lot of features that I haven't seen in larger TCG's I've played such as MtG and Yugi.

Are you free to play or have you spent money on the game?

I've spent money on the game in support of IW, I bought a Martyr's Bounty back when I started and it was on sale and have since bought a couple other DLC's
I came from a card game where entry to regionals/locals ranged from 10USD to 20USD, there's no reason that I can't throw a few bucks here and there to help keep this game going
If that's 20-30 bucks a month so be it...It's alot cheaper than my previous hobby lol.

What's your favorite feature of IW?

My favorite feature is the simultaneous turns, it adds a dynamic to this game that I've only experienced in Texas Hold'em. I actually find myself comparing IW to a blend of both Hold'em and MtG when I try to share the game with friends.

How often do you play?

I play daily, you may not find me online on the weekends because of school and other obligations I have to the organizations I'm apart of at school, but as far as the hours I'm active, I'll be on at just about any time lol. I'm a bit of a night owl, so there really isn't a time that you won't be able to catch me on a weekly basis.

What's your favorite faction(s)?

My favorite faction is Cult of Verore, the artwork really drives it home for me over their play style which I actually do find a bit degenerate, cards like Aleream the fate twister, and oblivion provide some bazaar yet awesome win conditions to build Verore decks around. I also love the versatility of Genesis, Genesis seems to do just about everything every other faction does but to a slightly weaker extent, it tends to be the most skilled faction to pilot as well, I've learned through playing that even 1 misplay with GI can cost you the match. As for least favorite( don't kill me community) but flame dawn. With a game that has so much depth, I just don't like the idea of rush down which simplifies the game state for both the opponent and the player running fd.

Well, I'm going to sound boring, but damage to fortress is by far my favorite. I'm not a fan of rushdown, I'm more of a midrange guy myself but I think any morale win decks are beyond suboptimal, a win condition shouldn't be dependent on if your opponent plays enough characters and attacks aggressively.

I have only been playing for a couple months, but my favorite deck would probably have to be any variation of Enyah Endless Possibilities. The card limits each count of cards in deck to 1, but allows for so many options to mess around and make something absurd and fun with. I've had decks with her that range from aggro to Grimish/Aleream silly-ness.

My favorite card? It's a 3 way tie between Mysterious Box of Wonder, Humble, and Rita, Mistress of Shadows. In the case of Box and Humble, I've been preaching for so long that they are the best utility cards in the game, have so much versatility and can be played favorably both for the player or against the opponent. As for Rita, she has amazing art, a great effect, and contributes a lot to so many decks. She was actually the first Infinity Border card I picked.

As far as good decks/strats, I haven't see anything out of the ordinary that has really caught me attention. 1GI/2FD Sacculas has been proving to be absurdly powerful and lacks a bad match up.

It's been 2 months and I'm currently sitting at 588 wins, my most memorable win has to be against Chalkbot in ranked the previous month, he was playing 1gi/2fd hammer and I was playing 2dod/1ex mad monk. I won the match off of him playing a deck that really didn't have the best match up, but what makes it memorable was being a new player winning against the best ranked play and who I would consider the best deckbuilder in IW currently. On a side note, he absolutely stomped me the next time we matched up in ranked lol, 2-0.

Most memorable loss?

That would have to be my ranked match against Interesting_Socks. I was 9-0 in matches against Deathblast with Madmonk DoD, so when I saw what he was playing I got puffy; he absolutely blew me out by diligently playing out his Noble Protectors and Martyr Golems making really hard reads and getting rewarded for calling things correctly. Without a doubt it was a learning experience but nonetheless, it had taught me to play against the player, not the deck. That's why I would consider it my most memorable loss.

I have yet to find the time to play tourneys but I love draft and constructed equally, not so big on campaign. Draft has been a constant learning experience since I've started but I've seen my own improvements weekly. I went from averaging 2-3 wins and having problems around 8-9 wins to sliding into top 10-20 weekly between my main and smurf account in that 20 win range. as for constructed, I'm a huge nerd when it comes to theory-crafting and working towards defining/countering the meta, (I have been since my Yugioh days and actually turned a 2 dollar common into a 30 dollar common by top eighting a regional with it as a tech choice.) I finished top 15 in ranked last month but plan to make top 10 this month as I'm actually running a T1 deck now.

So, you entered the game and rose right into the top 15. how'd you do it?

Well, this wasn't my first TCG which helped a lot with picking up the game. But, I really have to give credit to the streamers I watch (Mole and Equastro) I picked up a lot of things just seeing how they play the game. And I'm not going to BS anybody, if you spend the time and put the effort in, anybody can top20, even top10 ranked.

What deck/deck(s) did/do you use the most?

I played a 2DoD/1Ex mad monk deck in January, maindecking Gather the Weaks and Parallel Rifts. Last Month I was playing MoL ramp. There's too many options to deal with that deck in the meta, so I was having a bit of a mid-month crisis.
I'm trying to switch over to OOS/2GI. It seems a bit steeper on learning curve, and rewards good plays while punishing bad plays. It's also by far one of the better and more viable ranked decks.

What do you like/dislike most about ranked?

I just hate the wait time between matches and the lack of meta diversity, but in regards to deck diversity, it's the same with any TCG so I can't blame IW for that.

So, when you started in IW, did you find the learning curve steep?

Yes and No.
Yes, because the games mechanics differ greatly from Yugioh, which is turn based and lacks a resource system.
But no, for the reason that a lot of game theory transfers from TCG to TCG.
Getting value out of your cards in terms of trading characters with more than a single unit each time, trying to get a "+1" whenever possible (that includes abilities as well). Being able to recognize in game patterns with decks and what the options are as far as what's able to be played out of hand.
Not wasting "power" cards in early game when you do not need too. Not being afraid to take damage when it's favorable over a bad trade with a character.
I guess that's what comes to mind with my Yugi experience and it's relation to the steep IW curve
another important thing that has helped significantly with learning has been Texas Hold'em...
I've played a lot of Hold'em online, and carrying the mentality that there are X cards in the decks, and understanding the probability of you/your opponent drawing what the player needs at a certain time helps a lot.
It's a fundamental example but if there are 2 Mass Deaths in grave, and 25 cards left in your opponents deck, with 2 cards in their hand, you should probably start swinging at the opponents fortress lol.

Do you play rift? How are you liking it?

I play rift more than anything, I love the adrenaline rush I get from drafting seeing if I do or do not have valuable golds pop up in the card selection. More importantly I love the diversity of the format, yes there are stronger options, but more often than not you will never see the same commander composition more than once a run. I think it's a testament to their skill that we see the same players topping the rift boards weekly. I'm liking it alot, I feel like there's a few things that need to be switched up as far as a rift ban or rift rarities, but overall it's a good experience. In my opinion, it's the best way to become fundamentally stronger in the game.

What's your favorite rift purity?

I love GI in rift, you get a lot of options as far as spot removal and quality characters at low rarities and single purity.

How many wins was your longest rift run? 

Right now, I think my personal best has been 28, but I'll usually be sitting at the 12-15 range by the end of each week.

Do you play in Tournaments? Why/why not? what do you like/dislike about them?

I would love to play in tournaments, but never have the time on the weekends when they happen! College and the organizations I am apart of have been my priority this semester so unfortunately I haven't been able to enter. I'm looking forward to the week that I can enter though, I learn a lot whenever I play matches with established players.

Yes I do. Stick with the game and don't get discouraged after a couple losses. More importantly make friends with the vets, there hasn't been a single person I've met in this community that I would consider an "elitist", a lot of veteran players have helped me by either giving me cards, decktesting with me, or giving me advice when it comes to deckbuilding. Also watch streams, watching Genmole stream had taught me the importance of how to line characters in the assault/ defense zone to get the best value out of trades.

Quite simply I hope and expect the game to grow, I see a game that has beautiful mechanics and insanely unique animated art for the cards that I have not seen in any other tcg's, everything is set in place to make this game thrive, it just needs the capital for advertisement and a crew that's more steadfast when it comes to fixing bugs. I expect for the game to grow because I have a lot of faith in the current community, ES is putting in work as well as the other mods and balance team.

Yeah there absolutely is. For those who complain about the balance of IW's meta, I'd encourage you to dabble around with Yugi or mtg standard than say it again that there are problems with this games constructed. A lot of IW players do not understand that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Also, we have a dope community for IW that is beyond friendly and helpful for new players, instead of complaining about the queue wait we need to be getting out there and inviting friends to try the game in an attempt to grow the community. I've gotten three of my IRL buddies to take a swing at IW, just imagine what could happen if 100 of us could do the same.

So concludes another edition of the IW Players' Profiles. Keep an eye out when running the rifts for our new rising star: Newport5000. Friendly, courteous, and an honorable opponent, although he's new, he's no pushover and will surely force you to play your best... or lose. Thanks for volunteering for this interview Newport! Catch you around the rifts!