Author Topic: Selling one of the largest / rarest collections in the game, check for details  (Read 949 times)

Offline TheRealTuna

• Prems 4 Sale!
    • View Profile
What's up all,

I'm finally making this post to formally put my entire collection for sale

If you've seen my collection before, you already know there is way too much to list. Below I'll list just a few sample pieces from the collection so you have an idea of what kind of stuff is in there:

1x Plat-Foil Agent Coyle, Immovable (1 of a kind)
2x Gold-Foil Alt Art Mass Death (5 in existence)
1x Plat-Foil Klore
1x Plat-Foil Evellee
1x Plat-Foil Agent Coyle, Soulseller
1x Plat-Foil Sol
1x Plat-Foil Vasir Demon Prince
1x Plat-Foil Die another Day
1x Plat-Foil Yagron
1x Plat-Foil Liand
5x Gold-Foil Agent Coyle, Mechborn
1x Gold-Foil Defiant Hermit
1x Gold-Foil Agent Coyle, Primal Hunter
1x Gold-Foil Hinekri
1x Gold-Foil Agent Coyle, Zomborg
1x Gold-Foil Tygris
1x Gold-Foil Agent Coyle, Soulseller
1x Gold-Foil Gaohan Champ

This is strictly off the top of my head at work, and is just a small introduction into what's in the collection. Keep in mind everything that I just listed are ALL double premium legendaries. What I described doesn't include other double premium legends I'm forgetting about atm and doesn't even begin to touch on epics, rares, or comms/uncomms.

My original position has changed, and I am going to periodically lower the bulk price for my entire collection until it sells. I am starting it at $3,000 for now. While this is my desired price, I am open to offers as well to see what I can get right now. Transactions will be completed via paypal.

EDIT 3/7/2017: Price decreased to $2,500.

EDIT 4/2/2017: Price decreased to $2,000.

Only selling the collection as a whole, as I am looking to salvage what I can from what I've spent on this major letdown of a game and never come back to these forums again.

Shoot me a PM via forum if you're interested, will not be logged into the game.

See yall!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:12:39 PM by TheRealTuna »

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Re: Selling my collection, bulk or singles, check for details
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 03:48:51 PM »
I'll buy it all for 500$.

Offline TheRealTuna

• Prems 4 Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 03:52:03 PM »
sold to the veteran who enjoys yellow buttons more than any other, merliniX

Offline Ben4d90

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 10:16:50 AM »
Please tell me this post is satire. I mean, who in their right mind would pay $400+ for a virtual card?! :o

Offline TheRealTuna

• Prems 4 Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 12:42:20 PM »
If you collect DoD cards and want to add a PF immovable to your collection, where else are you gonna get it from?

That card is a specific case because there's only 1 in the game. That doesn't go to say that if no one buys it and I am really looking to sell it that I wouldn't lower the price. But again, right now I am in no rush.

PF Legs used to sell pretty commonly for $150-200. Because this is one of a kind, and also from the oldest possible set that you could get plat-foil from, yes, the card is going to be priced higher.

No satire about it. Collecting is a hobby that some people are willing to pay money for. Whether it's digital or physical doesn't necessarily matter. Just cause you wouldn't doesn't mean there aren't folks who would (like myself, at one time).

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 08:52:29 PM »
Please tell me this post is satire. I mean, who in their right mind would pay $400+ for a virtual card?! :o

Some items do sell for a lot of money, people have even paid $23K for a in-game item in CS:GO, and $38K for a Dota 2 item. I know those are extreme examples, but it goes to show that there is a market for in-game items, cards in this case.

There are some special cases in Infinity Wars when it comes to unique cards, platfoil Immovable is one of them, is as rare as it gets, there simply isn't another copy, so it's worth a lot in trades, or money if you're selling it. I happen to have a platfoil Tygris which is also one of a kind, and both cards are from Rise set which is as old as sets go regarding premiums.

Offline Ben4d90

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 12:35:31 PM »
Well, fair enough. I think it's rediculous paying so much for a virtual item, personally, but if people are willing to pay that much for it then it's their choice.

Offline TheRealTuna

• Prems 4 Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 01:18:09 PM »
Bump -- may consider selling individual faction sets as well.

Offline TheRealTuna

• Prems 4 Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 05:45:09 AM »
Bump. My outlook has changed and am looking to get rid of the whole collec asap. Would like to sell and move on. Shoot me a pm via forum if you're interested.

Offline TheRealTuna

• Prems 4 Sale!
    • View Profile
Bump -- Price lowered to $2.5k for everything

Offline TheRealTuna

• Prems 4 Sale!
    • View Profile
Bump - Price lowered to 2k for everything.

Offline IguanaMan

• View Profile
I hope I don't cause offence, just my 2 cents.  I think Merlin was spot on with his valuation (made in jest or not, I'm not sure), considering the uncertain state of the game rn.  I am a collector/buyer myself and it baffles me how people are still clinging on to the prices of the good old days.

Yes - people pay a lot for rare items in games that are active, but these cards will be worth $0 if things don't change.

Interested to see how much this goes for.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 07:07:20 PM by IguanaMan »
"Seriously if we don't bug hunt they might end up a new faction!" - Junker99

Offline TheRealTuna

• Prems 4 Sale!
    • View Profile
He offered that because I explicitly said I don't want a meager offer of $500.

I'm just gradually lowering pricing until it sells. It doesn't make sense to just jump to a low number if I am not in a major rush. If it ends up going down to $500 over time, then so be it, but I would be surprised. I already know I'm not getting back the amount I spent on the collection.