Author Topic: Further Balance Plans  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: Further Balance Plans
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2016, 12:05:28 PM »
Tygris- I liked the suggestion allowing him to copy another Artificial character. Not sure what the cost would be though.

Edit: I also like Ranowalls suggestion

Gao Han Champion
- For one I would say remove the champion keyword and reduce the purity. If not, then perhaps give him a deploy effect such as reducing all damage taken by half for a turn [like resolute general], or a flat Health buff maybe. This way you can actually utilize his repeated deploys being a champion.

Aberion Champion of force
- Remove Champion once again. Give him charge maybe. If not, consider an on-deploy effect. Another idea would be play on the "lead the charge" concept buffing characters behind him when he attacks.

Firestarter- Remove charge, decrease cost and he would be quite fine.

AC Ascended- I still like my idea to allow him to smite people. Give him an activated ability allowing him to shoot people on the battlefield, or make another source of damage from him somehow.

HellBringer- If you want discard mechanics his current increase in stats is pretty cool, but allow him to choose what to discard. Then maybe add an optional activate transform. Or have both his current transform and an activate transform.

Princess Hinekri- would Haste be too powerful? If so return her to your hand at end of turn. Maybe reduce cost.

Vasir the demon Prince- Make him cost less and you're fine. make him like a 7 cost, 18/18 or something.

Die another day- Cost less like 4, give it preemptive, then give it a until end of turn Jialian effect where your fortress health cant go under 1.

Evellee- She's fine with certain decks. Just make more interesting cards to use her with.

xi, martyr of peace- Sacrifice: All characters have their attack reduced to 0 for as long as Xi, martyr of peace is in the graveyard. This overrides any buffs like Bromich.

Liand
- I like the increase in attack if you havent taken damage concept. But +1/+0 is enough. Either that or keep the overcharge, but buff everything instead of just attack zone.

Marina The selfless
- Wtf is this card idk what it's supposed to be the end.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 05:14:58 AM by Hiding »

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2016, 03:27:00 PM »
Tygris

Cost: 5 Purity: 2 GI, 5/9, morale 12, unique

4, exhaust: Create a 10/10 artificial character in your support zone
2, sacrifice an artifical character: Create an artificial character in your support zone, with power/HP equal to those of the sacrificed character. You may add abilities by spending resources: 2 = Charge; 3 = Flying; 4 = Shield 1; 6 = unstoppable

Gao Han Champion

Cost: 6 Purity: 2OoS, 1 DoD, 3/8, morale 12, unique

Champion, flying, vigilance

Gao han cannot take more than 3 damage from a single source
When a character enters combat with Gao Han, its power is halved (rounded down, permanent effect)

Aberion Champion of force

Cost: 6 Purity: 2OoS, 1 FD, 8/10, morale 15, unique

Champion,Flying

When Aberion attacks, each character with flying or reach your opponent controls is moved to the support zone

AC Firestarter

Cost: 5 Purity: 2 FD , 7/7, morale 12, unique

Multi strike 3
Pay 11 (no exhaust): transforms into a 25/25 unstoppable, flying dragon

AC Ascended

Cost: 2 Purity: 2OoS , 5/5, morale 10, unique

Whenever one of your deployed characters other than AC Ascenced has its power increased by an ability or effect while AC Ascended is deployed, AC Ascended gains +1/+1.
At the beginning of combat, if AC Ascended power is 25 or more, he transforms into a 25/25 flying , unstoppable Angel Dragon

AC HellBringer

Cost: 2 Purity: 2EX , 5/5, morale 10, unique

Whenever you discard a card while AC HellBringer is deployed, AC HellBringer gains +1/+1.
At the beginning of combat, if AC HellBringer power is 20 or more, he transforms into a 20/20 flying , unstoppable Demon Dragon

Princess Hinekri

Cost: 5 Purity: 2EX, 10/10, morale 10, unique

If Princess Hinekri would enter combat with a character with lower power, she retreats and you gain control of that character instead
If Princess Hinekri would enter combat with a character with equal or higher power, she retreats and that character gets -5/-5 instead.

Vasir the demon Prince

Cost: 11 Purity: 1CoV / 1EX, 22/22, morale 15, unique

At the beginning of combat, if Vasir is deployed, destroy all non-demon characters  on the battlefield with less HP than your maximum resources.
If Vasir is targeted by of an ability or an effect with a single target while deployed, that ability or effect targets another random deployed demon instead.

Die another day

Version 1:

Ability, cost 4, purity 3OoS

At the end of turn, if your health and/or morale are zero or less, they are set to 1. Remove DAD from the game.

Version 2:

Ability, cost 4, purity 2OoS

You can't lose the game this turn.

Version 3:

Unique ability, cost 10, purity 2OoS

Your fortress can't take damage and you can't lose morale this turn.

Evellee

Cost: 4 Purity: - , 5/10, morale 12, unique

Pay X +1, Exhaust: Recruit a Character that costs X or less.
Pay 1, Exhaust, remove target deployed Character you control from the game: Recruit a Character that costs X+1 or less , where X is that Character's cost.
Pay X+2, Exhaust: recruit a character that costs X.

xi, martyr of peace

Cost: 10 Purity: 2DoD , 4/10, morale 10, unique

Flying

Sacrifice Xi: All deployed characters with power 3 or more have their power reduced to 3.  This ability can only be used while deployed.

Liand

Cost: 4 Purity: 2DoD , 10/12, morale 10, unique

Overcharge Once: Each time a character in your defense zone takes damage this turn, all characters you control gain +1/+0 and you gain 1 morale. This ability can only be used once per turn.

Marina The selfless

Cost: 6 Purity - , 2/2, morale 10, unique

At the beginning of combat, Marina's current and maximum hit points are set to 2.
Whenever one of your deployed characters other than Marina dies (not if sacrificed), if Marina is deployed, you don't lose any morale and that character is raised to your support zone, fully healed. Marina gets -1/-1.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 03:38:43 PM by Rawonall »

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2016, 11:18:46 PM »
mb this doesn't need to happen but i have a suggestion.... kind of a nerf actually.....

Agent coyle alpha one, or perhaps even mechborn...

As they activate their abilities could it also increase their cost? (mb by 1 or 2 per upgrade?) Other coyles increase cost as they evolve (to dragons) and doing the same with alpha one and mechborn doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

the reason for this is Red Tape ( i know it's already an amazingly rude card) but red taping an upgraded alpha or mechborn doesn't really give the "umpf" it should IMO.

just a suggestion... Cheers!

MAY ALL YOUR PENTA PACKS HAVE LEGENDS AND MAY ALL YOUR RIFT RUNS BE REWARDING!
Author, Editor, Head Researcher, and Chief Interviewer of The IW Player's Profiles

Offline Ben4d90

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2016, 12:00:24 AM »
mb this doesn't need to happen but i have a suggestion.... kind of a nerf actually.....

As they activate their abilities could it also increase their cost? (mb by 1 or 2 per upgrade?) Other coyles increase cost as they evolve (to dragons) and doing the same with alpha one and mechborn doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

the reason for this is Red Tape ( i know it's already an amazingly rude card) but red taping an upgraded alpha or mechborn doesn't really give the "umpf" it should IMO.

I second this. Their cost goes up to 10 once transformed, so it makes sense that their cost would increase when buffing through their ability.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 12:05:07 AM by Ben4d90 »

Offline NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2016, 01:32:01 AM »

Doesn't just affect red tape, would also nerfs people being able to set one as a commander and spam buff before deploying.

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2016, 01:42:15 AM »
Doesn't just affect red tape, would also nerfs people being able to set one as a commander and spam buff before deploying.

yes it would. but is that a problem? deploy then buff is a common (theme?/format?).

i dunno i was just suggesting based off of my own red tape interactions. the full decision rests with the balance team.
Author, Editor, Head Researcher, and Chief Interviewer of The IW Player's Profiles

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2016, 12:23:09 PM »
You guys want to make red tape even stronger! Its already one of the best removals in the game. :o

Offline drewmb10

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2016, 01:14:58 PM »
You guys want to make red tape even stronger! Its already one of the best removals in the game. :o
Not only that, but make self-buffing characters unplayable.

deploy then buff is a common (theme?/format?).
I think most people buff and then play. Red Tape doesn't need any more help than it already gets. It's one of the Rebellion cards that could certainly use a nerf right now.

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2016, 01:15:20 PM »

the buffing has a cost already. its the ability that makes mech playable in the 1st place. the dragon transform is unplayable on the other hand. i havent played tape yet but i would not think it needs a buff at all, it seems already pretty potent for a fd removal

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline Coco992

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2016, 04:31:02 AM »
I think what Orisolve is doing is quite needed. Because I feel the balance team could be looking only at the legendaries that are less played.

I am curious to know if the balance team is looking through all the legends, or if they have set their aims only at some of them. I see a lot of suggestions, but all of those  consider the other legendaries are perfectly fine. I am not saying Klore need a buff, but I think every legend would deserve a little bit of time to see if they are played, if they are balanced and more importantly if they will be balanced with the new balanced legendaries.

The arguments of Orisolve are relevant and should be considered. And all legendaries should have fact and comparaisons made to make sure their stats and abilities match.

On overall, I really can't make jugments on cards. I am a normal game players, where the matchups are more important then the decks you play in order to win, so I don't know what i would mean if AC Immovable got 1 more attack.

I could althought share this impression:

-Hybrid purities should not fill the purities (Gao Han and the other dude in FD/OOS, I can't recall his name, not important enough I believe). it just kill the fun of deck creation if you only have 1 option to make a shell around a card.

And this one:

-I feel all the legendaries of Exile either play with Randomness, dicard effects or are unplayable. It would be fun to have something that supports the more aggro nature of exile (demon decks style for instance). Or something that helps control. AC Hellbringer could be something that helps this gap (I am looking specifically at the turn 5 creature drop).

Oh and this one:

-Legends mostly costs a lot, and have fringe abilities. Therefore, if they don't have impact the turn they are played, their usefulness is quite limited if they can't be in the command zone. A lot of legends are unplayable because other cards are better in command then them and they are too much of a risk if you waste a turn 6 or 7 creature drop that is not that much a win.

Anyway, it's all my opinion. I think rebalance is a great way to improve IW, it will be an hard task, but I am pretty sure the community is more then willing to help.

Keep on the good work!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 04:33:17 AM by Coco992 »

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2016, 05:13:14 AM »
Just a reminder on card design:
>good stats
>good ability

Choose one. Dont make any more cards like Corrupted Dragon where it has both and is now unplayable due to cost.

Offline famouswarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2016, 03:53:47 PM »
Please do not rebalance old cards or ANY cards for that matter! My wallet just couldn't handle it. Please be considerate, i beg you!

I see lots of people giving you guys complicated mechanics as a solution for balance. I say just tweak the numbers of stats, cost of deployment and abilities and be done with it. Also, I think that common cards that are mathematically useless could use a rebalancing, like Soldier of Fortune.

My suggestions:

Tygris - The purpose of this card is to simply make cards, so just add the rest of the named abilities in the game like Consume, Bloodthirst, Indestructible, etc and then add abilities as you give them names such as the ability to remove cards from the graveyard if you hit the opponent or the ability to add a resource. Also, you already established with Tribble that 0 cost only gets you a 0/1 creature, so don't let Tygris create 0/0 to feed Taiga.

Gao Han, Champion of Warding - Why change a good thing? Give him the same ability as Gao Han, The Stalwart instead while keeping Flying and Champion.

Aberion, Champion of Force - Even the art in Fiery Ascension agrees. Add Charge.

Agent Coyle, Firestarter - He has Firestarter as a title but does not start any fires. Add Immolation 1

Agent Coyle, Ascended - Recruit Of Solace is 12/10 for 5 but AC,A is 10/10 for 6? Reduce Cost to 4 and make Recruit of Solace 1p.

Agent Coyle, HellBringer - It competes too much with other beatsticks like Hungry Abomination. Reduce cost to 5.

Princess Hinekri - Put her with the Sleepers. J/K, she just has Sleeper abilities, anyway, reduce cost to 3 so she can come out and do what she was designed to do; defend!

Vasir the Demon Prince - Reduce cost to 8. Exiles and Verore do not have any 8 cost cards! >XD

Die Another Day - Reduce cost to 7 so there is some resources left to add something else that might turn the situation around.

Evellee - Reduce cost to 2 to make her attractive enough for anyone to put her in a greater variety of decks instead of just ones focused around a combo. Also, please limit Unique characters if they are in the graveyard as well, like with Unique abilities, in order to prevent multiple copies using Evellee and other mechanisms.

Xi, Martyr of Peace - All characters get their attack reduced to 0.

Liand - Reduce cost to 3.

Marina The Selfless - Get rid of "Deployed" target condition.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 06:38:34 PM by famouswarrior »

Offline TameRlane

• Tournament Organizer
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2016, 06:34:12 AM »
DISREGARD UNTIL BALANCING COMMONS/UNCOMMONS
I know you guys have your hands full at the moment and aren't anywhere near this point yet but i might forget this if i don't write it now.