Author Topic: Further Balance Plans  (Read 3886 times)

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: Further Balance Plans
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 01:39:51 PM »
Well let's just say I'm glad I'm not on the Balance Team. None of you guys have played DoD once in your life. The difference between 7 attack and 8 is so huge. Red Tape, Evict, Counterspell, Rapier Fanatic, etc. exists so it's not like DoD has any chance of being viable in the meta in the near future, let's just delete them like the Sleepers and get on with it. Playing "Mill" with DoD doesn't count as playing DoD, so I don't know who you guys are kidding. The majority of the "Balance Team" are rush assault zone players so your bias clearly cannot allow Immovable to kill Kali. Do you seriously want me to combo Immovable with Yuanshi or "Spontaneous Combustion" or even Mad Monk (I think the issue here is with the "Mill" decks not needing a stronger Immovable, so nerf "Mill"), when I can get better results with Spirit Guard alone. Not only that but Martyr Golem exists, do you see how I know you guys have not played DoD even once in your life? Because you don't know how difficult it is to draw a Yuanshi's Wrath in a deck of 40 cards being your only hard removal that can be countered easily by a multitude of cards. I said I'm glad I'm not on the team because if we put this to a vote I'd lose anyways and I'd be wasting my time, similar to how I'm wasting my time now speaking to deaf ears (writing to blind eyes).

Now people who aren't on the "Balance Team" have some good ideas for Immovable, but nope their opinions don't matter as well because Immovable is "fine". All I can say is good luck, I don't look forward to the future meta you guys create and with Ian on your side, I can't even imagine the fun awaiting.  ;D
#playanothergame #FDisdabes
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 02:03:45 PM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 05:07:57 PM »
Is there a list of intended balance cards?

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 05:44:48 PM »
Is there a way to contribute with ideas? It makes sense that only the balance team gets to vote on changes, but no reason they shouldn't consider other players' advice.

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 06:12:08 PM »
Is there a way to contribute with ideas? It makes sense that only the balance team gets to vote on changes, but no reason they shouldn't consider other players' advice.
Of course, we will welcome all ideas for balance/rework , we might consider implementing them although I can't promise anything.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 06:23:56 PM by ES [BoD] »
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2016, 06:20:58 PM »
Is there a list of intended balance cards?
Yes, the cards are: Tygris, Gao Han Champion, Aberion Champion of force, Firestarter, AC Ascended, HellBringer,Princess Hinekri, Vasir the demon Prince, Die another day,Evellee,xi, martyr of peace, Liand,Marina The selfless.
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline Assamit3

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2016, 07:38:35 PM »
Regarding the list ES gave i would like to make some sugestions..
Tygris) should read Pay 5 exhaust:Tygris creates an exact copy of a deployed character you control.
Gao Han) stats upgrade to 5/12 while on the defence zone Angels and Humans you control in your support and defence zones take 2 less dmg (that way you exclude spirits but and attack zone but protect humans as well)
Abberion) goes up to 7 mana gains Charge
Firestarter) 8 resources flagbearer ability multistrike 2 8/8
AC Ascended) should be lives 2 after he ascends.... a bigger sol sort of
Hellbringer) make him discard 2 cards not at random (easier to become demon dragon if he fails he can take advantage of the exile mechanic)
Princess Hinekri) up to 6 resources 2purity looses Infect gains: When you deploy Princess Hinekri choose a Character If Hinekri would enter combat with the choosen Character se retreats to the Command Zone and you take control of the chosen Character. (she is Succubus after all ffs)
Vasir the Demon Prince) Unstoppable and Consume 2.
Die Another Day)10 Recources triple purity all morale losses become 0 this turn If you die this turn insted you take no dmg and all characters in both attack zones are killed (you cannot move your character from the attack zone as with mass death)
Evellee) i have no experience with her so i cannot suggest something
Xi martyr of Peace) Make all characters in play 0 attack. Real Peace through mass Disarming
Liand the Fearless) I understand that this card exists to change the classic DoD win condition (morale) to a military faction.... so instead of overcharge cost make it a passive +2/+0 for each turn you dont receive dmg while liand is alive
Marina) make her being able to save martyrs and sacrifice effects....

thnx for reading and sorry for the long post....

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 07:42:26 PM by Assamit3 »

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2016, 08:37:30 PM »
I know Liand isn't exactly a meta defining card(despite what a certain someone says ::)) but does he really need a buff? He has playable stats and a conditional 0 cost +4 attack to assault is nothing to sneeze at.

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2016, 09:40:44 PM »
I know Liand isn't exactly a meta defining card(despite what a certain someone says ::)) but does he really need a buff? He has playable stats and a conditional 0 cost +4 attack to assault is nothing to sneeze at.

I agree and we also need to consider how it works with the new cards. For example what if you have a command of Liand, Gao Han and Support drone and you use The Big-anator in deck. Some new decks could be created with him.

I would be glad if Evellee would not ignore the Unique key word on cards when you use her abilities.

I also have an intresting idea for HellBringer. What if he could transform a target character in play into a 1/1 demon, if he targets himself he instead transforms into a 20/20 Flying Unstoppable Demon Dragon. You could change his cost and I am not sure what stats would be best for him.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 09:43:44 PM by Number11 »

Offline P4lm3

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 09:51:19 PM »
Oh boy,
Tygris: just being able to create 0/0 tokens for Taigas sake (farewell sanity of Orisolve), and maybe after each use base stat for token increases by 1/1 (not being Taiga abusable T_T)

Ac Ascended: each AC that is not dual faction takes and enchants mechanic common to faction or evolves to dragon by not so distant mechanic. AC Ascended doesn't feel like evolving type and could do champion related relief, when deployed champion restriction is increased to 2 (or be more aggressive unit attacking twice fist as flying second as ground unit gaining protective buff (similar to aberion's banner) +7/7, or order vice versa. Biggest concern is to fit most of this text in to card box -_-'

Gao Han: Is champion and could also relieve champion limit or how buffing is theme both in oos and dod, double your buffs while Gao Han is in defense zone (+16/16 strength of leadership)

Aberion Champion of forge: Why would 2 oos 1fd be used over 2fd oos? If this had other things to look for other than huge morale cost, While in assault zone charge units get flying and flying units get charge. This could protect early charge units if played from command on curve, make champion swapping sol have haste and when pulled back in fear of board clear not make flying units played from hand go suicide (shikana, jubalia and cheryl late game Charlies angel's gang)

Fire starter: This guy and Tullio... I thought maybe increase power by 2-4 but its not that simple at all T_T. So effect must be more unique. If AC Fire starter would engage unit that was not deployed at the start of turn, that unit moves to assault zone and attacks after AC Fire starter

AC Hellbringer: there are variations for 2 exile sleeper/dod toxic decks so discarding (*cough, cough) calamity and making it have exile reduction of 3 on curve and removing used card from grave and deck, nope! Bad idea that sucks player interaction to its lowest it has ever been. 2 wp 1 exile Karckk is interesting. Giving 2 and 3 exile comeback in form of AC Hellbringer? Pay extra to increase discards by 2 for each resource and gain effects: 2+ discards, draw card for each discard. 4+ enemy units lose 2/0 for each discard 5+ AC Hellbringer won't transform in to dragon, he instead gains flying and spawns 25/25 unstoppable flying dragon. (Too much text T_T) 

Hinekri: If Hinekri would be killed, you may instead sacrifice your unit that was infected by Hinekri.

Vasir the demon Prince: Opponent units lose morale from sacrificed units (usable in 3p verore, vorasious goliath followed by vasir?)

Die another day: While in hand cost decrease by 2 every time you take 20+ damage.

Evellee: I didn't think my favorite unit need buff o_O +2/0 for recruited units

Xi, Martyr of peace: Heal your fortress full and win game with Dugg you have earned it. Or rather after sacrifice, for rest of the game after your unit dies or is removed from game in battle field, spirit with identical stats moves to another zone and leaves at the end of turn (i have lost my imagination for this one (T^T)

Liand, The fearless: units in defense zone also get +0/4

Marina The selfless:  Aleta effect returning to hand after 4th turn (very original...)

Offline Ben4d90

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2016, 10:39:47 PM »
There are plenty of cards that are currently useless due to being inferior to other cards etc that need buffing or changing to be useful. I would suggest taking a look at all of the cards that would not ever be used competitively and improve/change them to be viable.

At the moment, all you see in ranked is everyone and their mother playing Death Blast. The new cards have not changed the meta whatsoever, as that deck is still top dog and can beat almost any other deck. I saw the suggestion of a 2DoD/1Ex mill deck as a counter to it. Nope. I've beaten such decks with my Death Blast deck thanks to sideboarded cards. Currently, NOTHING can consistently beat Death Blast and I see this as an issue since all it does is reinforce everyone in ranked to use that deck and makes the game boring. I like to run various different decks and it gets really boring when I keep facing the same deck that I can't reliably beat unless I play it myself.

Another thing is that, currently, playing triple purity in just about every faction is always disadvantageous. More cards should be made triple purity to balance out the strength of playing 3p vs splashing into other factions.

Acquire. This puffying card. I'm pretty sure anyone who's played against a deck with this in is pissed about it. Being able to draw 3 of the opponents cards for 4 is redicously OP. Doesn't matter if the cards are useless to you. You can use them for overcharges and such. The fact that it is 1p as well is crazy. Needs to cost more and be 2p.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:55:59 PM by Ben4d90 »

Offline belial12

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2016, 11:45:52 PM »
I don't think anyone has mentioned It yet, but I would want to see nysrugh the hungry buffed, not really sure in what way, but even just changing it to consume 3 would make me happy

nysrugh the insatiable is underpower as well, at least buff him to have consume 1, even that will make me happy.

yeah I'm pretty simple :D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:48:24 PM by belial12 »

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2016, 01:52:37 AM »
I don't think anyone has mentioned It yet, but I would want to see nysrugh the hungry buffed, not really sure in what way, but even just changing it to consume 3 would make me happy

nysrugh the insatiable is underpower as well, at least buff him to have consume 1, even that will make me happy.

yeah I'm pretty simple :D

We will get to epics after legendaries. And yes I would like to see Nysrugh the insatiable get consume 2, he is currently terribly unplayable.
Goose got me loose!

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2016, 03:41:53 AM »

FD:
Bloodbath: Very expensive (and for 3x weak) also because moving opponent chars to defensive is counter the strategy of FD (similar thing with Ireul, but that card is better).

No - its fi-....Actually it needs to be 2p. Yeah just change that. You'll make it SO balanced.
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2016, 05:01:25 AM »
Die another Day could use some sort of heal / morale gain mechanic.
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline suli

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2016, 06:20:27 AM »
Liand the Fearless) I understand that this card exists to change the classic DoD win condition (morale) to a military faction.... so instead of overcharge cost make it a passive +2/+0 for each turn you dont receive dmg while liand is alive

I like this, it makes him more playable.