Author Topic: Reduce the Time For Judging CDC Contests  (Read 254 times)

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
Reduce the Time For Judging CDC Contests
« on: November 29, 2016, 02:20:29 PM »
We get, at max, about 15 people doing these entries, and they all mostly post within a few days. You can't tell me we need to wait two weeks to judge everything.

Its kind of silly to wait two weeks, where nothing happens during the last week. It would be nice to see a more timely turnover from judges in the future.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: Reduce the Time For Judging CDC Contests
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 02:58:17 PM »
We get, at max, about 15 people doing these entries, and they all mostly post within a few days. You can't tell me we need to wait two weeks to judge everything.

Its kind of silly to wait two weeks, where nothing happens during the last week. It would be nice to see a more timely turnover from judges in the future.

I only set this date because Im mainly busy these weeks and will be most free that saturday. But yeah its up to the discretion of the judge and tbh they arent really compensated for it other than "enjoyment of running the contest" people get busy. But I guess we could try to cut it down.

Online NatoPotato

• Guns don't kill people, ninjas kill people.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK ME
Re: Reduce the Time For Judging CDC Contests
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 03:47:59 PM »
Sure some contests have all the entries in the first couple days, but there have been plenty where some entries were mere hours before the deadline, so personally I like to err on the side of caution and go for 1-1.5 weeks depending on when's convenient.
2 weeks does seem a bit long but if  it's a matter of lacking the time to judge earlier then it's totally understandable.

One could argue that the prize the judge won from the previous contest is the 'compensation', although of course if all 3 winners passed on judge judy*ahem* judge duty then yeah there's nothing for them at all.