Author Topic: Weekly Post #28: Next Update, IP Boost, DLC, Ranked Info  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
Re: Weekly Post #28: Next Update, IP Boost, DLC, Ranked Info
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2016, 02:42:59 AM »
  ________
     |___|   
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give thesis!
Goose got me loose!

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2016, 03:05:58 AM »
  ________
     |___|   
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give thesis!

Mfw old cm schools the new cm.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2016, 03:43:48 AM »
You....disagree? With what, exactly. I made a statement based on the information in the image you placed in your official post. That image shows that Side-Scrolling in the Collection viewer is still present.

What is it that you disagree with in that? That you can neither confirm nor deny that a change might be coming to side-scrolling because you're "pushing" for it like the community of this game has for 3 years?

To be literal, I wanted to respond on "clingy" as it pertains to their thoughts, not their actions. I've never seen anyone on the team say "I like it better as-is." I do agree that the impact matters more than intent, as the Dec. 13 update will not change the deckbuilder layout - again.

I've made it clear to the team that we need to prioritize things like an optimized layout - deckbuilder being at the top of that subject. I specifically included "If we don't do these things in this approximate order, we stand to repeat old mistakes." I've learned that when working with this particular team: Being too quiet can get your suggestion shrugged off, while speaking too loudly looks too irrational. That's what I meant about finding new angles or gathering evidence to put right in their faces. Sometimes the lack of the most desired and needed change for IW baffles me. We've probably had similar experiences by now.

The "Value in spending time on it" should be because your community has wanted it for an incredibly long time and a full-window Collection Viewer has become an industry standard built up around you while IW has remained stagnant in its feature progression.

I sent a 7-page report on this concept back in 2013. You're re-launching and marketing IW in its current state without realizing that you're pulling players from other games who are accustomed to the industry standard features in other games like Hearthstone and even SOLFORGE FOR CHRIST SAKE. How do you think they'll feel when they start getting into the meat of IW and realize this game *doesn't* have those same QOL features that every other game they've been playing has?

I've wanted this game to succeed for 4 years, but the same mistakes keep being made despite this communities desire to help and offer feedback.
I agree with you 100% and this is definitely the wrong time to remove the Beta tag in my experience. I was unable to get a delay on that adjustment. You know as well as I do that trying to convince a developer, no matter how fantastic the reporting is, can fall on deaf ears - if a 7-page report didn't do it, well, that's scary. 

In fact, let me share the most recent example of what seems wildly unreal with Infinity Wars. Last week we sent out a press release, which few people on the team were made aware of. I wasn't included either, and I wish I was, because the press release that went out to all these gaming websites had the following information subjects (I'm shortening them as quick bullet points):

- Two new campaigns, DoD and SoA
- Each faction will have an "60 card starter pack that is unlocked through new PVP missions."
- Rebellion Wave 4 to release as part of the December 13th update.
- we're leaving Steam Early Access
- archaic, unprofessional game screenshots.

One website that didn't update their article yet, for reference, can be found here.

Most items in the press release are wrong. Some of the screenshots sent out with it are ridiculous, including a screenshot with upside down background wallpaper yet somehow the foreground pop-up is right-side up. Trailers that are from two years ago spliced with "new sound."

I was quite alarmed about this, asked, and got a mostly unconcerned response at first. I re-iterated the importance, and was asked for a list of incorrect items. I ended up providing a list of everything poor about the press release, and it took way too much effort to get anyone to try and rectify the information and re-send it to all the news sites again. The original thought was to "wait until Monday" when all the staff were back in the office. Well, guess what? Weekend traffic on those news sites are significant. I pursued the editor for MMOBomb and got that article fixed on Friday, but after that I was asked not to pursue any other websites to get the changes made ASAP.

I may not have made it clear enough before, but it should be clear now that I am as upset/disappointed about the goings-on as you, Teremus, and the playerbase. I am sincerely sorry that change is sometimes slow at best. I'm doing everything in my power, just like you did, to convince this team of what must be done to get IW where it needs to be. I've gone so far as to take Unity courses to see if I can't code the new layout myself faster than whoever... isn't doing it. As far as I can tell, the last few years of stagnation should not even be possible - it goes against logical reasoning that we still have the same old client for the most part today.

Mfw old cm schools the new cm.

See above. The only thing I didn't do was make my stance clear enough from Day 1.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2016, 03:50:02 AM »
I've never seen anyone on the team say "I like it better as-is."

Someone obviously does... or they wouldn't have made it that way. I think we will need the skills of Detective Orisolve to figure out who it is!
Goose got me loose!

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2016, 05:45:47 AM »
See above. The only thing I didn't do was make my stance clear enough from Day 1.

Idk - this entire post just seems to be throwing shade on LM/Yodo - and tbh we don't need you for that, the players do it well enough on their own.

By your own words you demonstrate what the vets have been clamoring about forever: LM is incompetent, and for the most part rather ambivalent as to the success or failure of their game. Which is a shame, because they have made a great game that loads of people love, it's just too bad they can't be bothered to do the basic things needed to fix it into a marketable package.

Oh well. I guess we should go play other games.

Offline goobypls

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2016, 05:49:01 AM »
Wow rip infinity wars

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2016, 06:05:05 AM »
Please, get at least 3 things done at the end of the beta:

- Ingame Rulebook
- Ingame Prize Table for Ranked/Draft
- Campaign for ALL factions

Its hard to consider the game as a complete product, when you are toying that much with the title, obviously not knowing its meaning.

Offline AirborneScientist

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2016, 12:00:33 PM »
it's just too bad they can't be bothered to do the basic things needed to fix it into a marketable package.

Perhaps they don't care? The rumour goes that Lightmare's main (and very profitable) business is actually their educational courses and IW only exists to allow LM to claim they are an actual games company for marketing reasons and getting grants from the government to take in students. It might not be true but it would explain a lot.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2016, 01:51:01 PM »
it's just too bad they can't be bothered to do the basic things needed to fix it into a marketable package.

Perhaps they don't care? The rumour goes that Lightmare's main (and very profitable) business is actually their educational courses and IW only exists to allow LM to claim they are an actual games company for marketing reasons and getting grants from the government to take in students. It might not be true but it would explain a lot.

I have heard this before. It would explain a lot, wouldn't it?

Offline Number11

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2016, 03:44:28 PM »
How can they care so little about marketing. Do they not care about increased revenue. I guess when they hear the word money they say no thank you I don't want it. It makes no sense, to not try to make your business successful.

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2016, 04:33:13 PM »
I have heard this before. It would explain a lot, wouldn't it?

Only everything.
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2016, 05:42:41 PM »
You're all sounding like conspiracy theorists. I approve.  ;D
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2016, 08:18:16 PM »
great thread. +1 to everything everyone said.  :P

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline Illusive_Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2016, 10:58:03 PM »
Man, I remember coming to this game back during the Ascension pre-orders due to word of mouth on MMDoC forums. Loved the game coming in. It had free starters for all factions! Sure, they weren't competitive stuff (no Daode in DoD, no Aletas anywhere...) but they were still full of actual faction cards and not overpriced fillers! The mechanics were really cool too, and I had enough cards right away to experience that. Shame about that deckbuilder, though, I was kinda used to it being symmetrical. Collection above, deck below, good overview, no need for tons of scrolling...

And now this update. The interface is getting new colors, which just calls attention to a lack of new substance. Two new campaigns are good, except I kinda expected those... a long time ago. And the other two, to round out the set. And maybe some new faction foreshadowing and/or an actual statement on whether or not that old rotations plan was still being considered and if it was just Sleepers coming right back, what with the cards they got in Rebellion.

Also, followed the link to the article. Found screenshots. Currency indicators in the bot selection screen with a link to the microtransaction page? Seriously? Do people even buy LP directly anymore with all the DLCs?

All told, this update and info post just looks disappointing, especially the parts about gathering feedback when we ourselves are getting next to no actual new information. That's my feedback, if they really want it.

Offline Azizure

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2016, 08:21:20 AM »
Damn this week is like forever. cant wait for the next weekend to get the new weekly update.