Author Topic: New Rebellion steam DLC including 2-3 of about every desirable card ever printed  (Read 4894 times)

Offline wooferdog

• View Profile
Freedom of speech?

Yodomere is an Australian company - and this forum exists on an Australia domain (.com.au).

Unfortunately - Australia has no "freedom of speech" laws, and it is within the companies right to censor what they wish (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech_by_country#Australia)

As a large portion of the customer base is in the USA, I doubt they would actively do anything as that would alienate them.

Just wanted to point this out - I have nothing further to add to this topic...

Offline IguanaMan

• View Profile
I don't get it, why are you protesting against players that make comment on a game?
Because it has been said time and time again.  It's like a negative review that you leave on steam except everyday making the same review.  An these negative reviews come from vet players who have already gotten many hours of enjoyment out of IW but aren't happy with it's current state and are driving new players away, which is what we need most right now.

If someone wants to leave negative comments here its all good, I've done it myself in the past, but sitting on the forums and continuously being negative in multiple threads is just annoying.

These people are like the preachers on the streets shouting "THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END", in their minds they are trying to help ppl.  No-one wants to remove their right to free speech, we are just pointing out its not healthy and no-one really knows all the variables (i.e whats going on behind the scenes with YM).

If you are really that concerned about the world coming to an end, then go do something about it, or move to another world or w/e.   Or just stay here and keep complaining.  Freedom of speech also applies to complaining about negative whiners.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 10:54:56 PM by IguanaMan »
"Seriously if we don't bug hunt they might end up a new faction!" - Junker99

Offline Lautrec

• View Profile
I think the game would benefit a lot from a more positive approach from the vets. Some of them (Shout out to LargeNuggets and many others) helped me understand the game a lot. i've tought about it a lot during the last days and i'm actually glad they made this DLC.

Let's be honest about one thing. IW's learning curve is steep AF. I was new to TCG's and it took me at least 6 months to have my basics on and actually be able to predict the obvious moves my opponent would make(let alone things that i couldn't think of). Thank Lawd i wasn't on the forums back then because i would've quit a long time ago. This game takes endless hours to master and even more hours to trade the cards to build top tier decks so why would i have invested myself so much in it if a vet would've convinced me the game was dead and it was all for nothing? 

I think what is important right now is player retention. I've invited one of my friends who is an amazing MTG player and he loved the game. Within a week he was ranked top 15 with the few cards he had and he is the kind of players we need right now. The problem is that if he would've tried this game by himself with that negative attitude around and no support from me and the other vets, he might have quit already.

The DLC allows him to build an Hermit deck for which he had the legendary sleeping in his collection for months for a decent cost. 3x primals were a pain in the ass to get(trust me) and are so integrated in any warpath deck right now that the faction isn't actually playable without them(some players will say that there are alternatives but this is bullpuffy for a competitive warpath deck, you need 3 of these IMO).

Bottom line is that yes, i have wasted time and resources gathering those hard-earned cards but if it can help expand the player base and give us more players to play against so be it. It seems that people around here have a difficult time realizing that Lightmare/yodo1 is a company and they need profits to keep publishing new sets, improve the client, buy more advertising space and pay their staff.

The devs are a small dedicated team and I'm persuaded they give everything they got to make the best gaming experience possible. If the part of the community can't live with the fact that Lightmare isn't publishing this game PRO BONO, let those special little snowflakes play some of that blend, tasteless, pay-to-win Heartstone. Blizzard can actually manage to pay many community managers to take care of salty kids and guess what? The player base isn't whining when buying packs from the huge pay to win corporation. This forum is saltier than effing League of Legends.

I am free. Now I can get back to work... Keh heh heh heh...

Offline Candit

• "I make this game, James." #Poga
    • View Profile
No more hoarding calamities/martyrs to try to gouch premiums out of new players, kiddoes. I remember people artificially creating rarity by not trading their multiple legendaries unless you offered premiums. No need for the new generation to spend weeks/months optimizing their decks like we did.

Just collect platfoils. Those are still hard as heck to get.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 09:42:38 AM by Candit »
"Please cease with the bumping of this particular issue." #The_Universe

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
You cant really complain about IW selling their cards cheaply. Cards are their product they can sell them however they like in my opinion.

As for the discussion about vets being salty. Sure it doesn't help the game when new players see salty vets, which is a big reason why I suggested Lightmare should have made an effort to keep the vets onside. But thats unrelated to the DLC.
Goose got me loose!

Offline Candit

• View Profile
Iunno. We vets are pretty hard to please. Get off our lawn stupid bears.

Offline ES [BoD]

• Administrator
  • Flame Dawn Fanatic
    • View Profile
Iunno. We vets are pretty hard to please. Get off our lawn stupid bears.
+1  Goose got him loose  :P
Hail Aberion! Hail the Dawn!

Offline Candit

• View Profile
If animals go to the vet when they get sick...Does Adorabear go to himself?

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
Does Adorabear go to himself?

Thats personal  ::)
Goose got me loose!