Author Topic: New Rebellion steam DLC including 2-3 of about every desirable card ever printed  (Read 5052 times)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Idk if I consider myself really a veteran but Im going to keep playing this until the game goes down [if it ever does]. I find it fun and thats all that matters to me.

It kinda sucks the rarity of these legends have gone down but thats what premiums are for.

Offline delusionsofhope

• View Profile
Nearly every new player I have spoken to over the last week, and there have been quite a few, have been off put by reading negative vet comments. You're the ones helping to kill the game. Why not encourage players to stay instead of using your time to damage it more.

+1. I really have no idea why so many of these people stick around. You're unhappy with the devs/CM/whatever. We get it. You've made your point. Why waste your time complaining about the same things day after day (some deserving) when you can just as easily move on with your life?

There are still many of us who actually enjoy playing this game regularly. We don't need the constant whining. God forbid if any of the newbies actually visit Discord...

+1
Live, Laugh, Love and Enjoy a good game of Infinity Wars!

Offline Coco992

• View Profile
I am sorry (I am Canadian, it's more then an habit to apologize), it is true that I have been salty yesterday. I didn't intend to scare new players off or to just whine. I truly was only upset with this new release.

This new DLC is clearly to help newer players with their collection, and helping them join higher quality decks. If it works as intended and more players come and stick, this will be marvelous. To have a big collection of rare cards was my goal, and to acquire those playsets of AC Primal and Immovable was the hardest.

Although I am happy for new players, I am curious to know what LM/Yodo1 have in mind for the rest of the player base. They clearly thought of the consequences on the trade economy for this dlc, so what was their plan to calm down the disappointment and boost the morale of all players.

On a constructive note, I believe it would be the best if Yodo1 shared their short, mid and long term plans with the player base, alongside explications with each release. Their is not a single text from the devs to justify or explain the goal of this new dlc and the others to come. I stick to the game because it is a really nice game. But how can i invest in a game if I don't know what will happen in 2 months, or even next week. It could be super easy to announce such dlc and explain the reasons behind this product, altogether with the plan for the months to come. I think the player base want to help, and not feel betrayed.

I hope I was clear, I do love IW, I just felt IW didn't love me anymore.

Offline IguanaMan

• View Profile
Re the economy (I am mostly a collector/trader on IW), I think it's fine.  Sure, some legendaries values have tanked, but that's good for new players. 

The only way a new player could get a Primal was either rnd drop in pack (going to take a looong time, since you want 3 in a deck).  Or getting an equally good legendary, then also finding someone willing to trade that specific legendary for primal, which itself is tricky.

Sure, you traded hard for those primals you have. but they won't be worth puffy if the game dies anyway.  If you are a trader who is concerned about losing value via balance changes, focus on premiums instead.

Stay positive.
"Seriously if we don't bug hunt they might end up a new faction!" - Junker99

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
I think the problem with this DLC is because it is a failed attempt at squeezing money out of the players. It devalues valuable Legendaries and Epics in the economy. If LM/Yodo1 wants to really earn money, then they just need to make a great game. Positive reviews and good word of mouth will go a long way, more than paying for advertisements. If they continue to alienate the veteran community, then I don't think the negative reviews are worth the pocket change they are making from the DLC. For every action there is a cause and effect. In this case the effect is more negative reviews about the game from veteran players. Not only that but this DLC can be viewed as negative for new players as well. It could be viewed as a failed attempt at gouging money and creating a pay to win game. Do you know how much is $30 USD? That's how much it costs for me to purchase the DLC, and when I'm a new player starting a new game, I would never pay that much for a game. Then they notice all the good cards are from the DLC, what does that say to them? "Pay to win game, nice try, terrible campaign, completely unrewarding and trying to force our arm into purchasing the DLC to stay competitive in the game." I don't know if you have read some of the steam reviews, but there are new players saying it is "Pay To Win" already, and with these DLCs you are enforcing their opinion about the game from other potential customers. You have to love something to invest in it, and new players are unlikely to invest. Even if they had a billion dollars to toss around, they would not invest in something that they didn't enjoy or love. If they ever read the steam reviews they'd be even more inclined to not invest.

Keep alienating the player base and all they are going to get are negative reviews that will destroy the game. So no, I don't believe that it is the players fault for negatively impacting the game. The people leaving the poor reviews are either truthful new players, or players who have once loved the game  but have been disrespected by the actions of its developers and feel they are providing a service to society by preventing new players from investing emotionally or even financially into a game that will break their heart. You can't simply ask these players or non-players to just leave and shut up, they are doing something they believe is morally right. And if there's anything you learn from history, is that you can't prevent people who are passionate and believe that what they are doing is the right thing to stop.

If the developers don't like what people are saying, then they should just delete every negative post, delete the discord, delete steam reviews, etc. All they are getting is honesty, and if they can't handle the criticism then they should just shut the game down. The truth can be painful. You players who are defending the actions of the developers and telling negative reviewers to shut up are worse than the ones leaving the negative review. You are intentionally trying to deceive new players into investing in the game. An omission of the truth is a lie. Just be more vocal than the negative community, drown them out with positivity.

Coco992 said it best, "I do love IW, I just felt IW didn't love me anymore." So LM/Yodo1 has two options, either delete every negative review and ban all these players from the forums, discord, in-game, steam reviews, etc. or simply just make a great game that will change the opinions of every single player, negative and positive alike.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:41:40 AM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Wow - didn't expect to be doing this but a huge +1 to Orisolve.

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
Im very surprised about this thread.

When i take a look at the DLC, i see a expensive one. Its the 4k LP bundle + a 5 USD Alt Art on top. I would totaly ignore the Legs and Epics in that bundle, cause it doesnt make any difference to my collection. I dont need the 10th Immovable, 15th Primal, 40th Calamity or 50th Dark Wish!

For new players or people with half baked collections its a good boost. And tbh, thats exactly what money should give you in a F2P game! On the long run, the boost is just temporarly, cause with DLCs like that, you are pretty fast in the same spot as me. Tons of cards, no use for them!

When Teremus told us the concept of Foundation Set, Phasing Out older Blocks, Legacy Cards etc... it sounded like a cool and needed idea. With such DLCs just increasing the amount of those "old" cards, it sounds like the only strategy to move this game forward.

Offline Atromus

• View Profile
Hi all, my brother has played this game for quite a while. I always found it quite interesting but never got around to trying it out. When he told me about Rebellion, I thought, why not give it a try, especially since he helped me out with a 50 pack pre-order. My bro is not one for forums and just plays the game. Personally I have been looking at the forums for tips etc and I stumbled on this post.

I play LOADS of games. It's pretty much all I do. I have to say that if my brother didn't play this I would have skipped it after reading some of the negative reviews. Glad I didn't because the game is great.

Orisolve, I disagree with some of what you are saying:

How do we know the new DLC is a 'failed attempt' at squeezing money out of players? Do you know how many people have bought this pack? It could be a lot? It could be a great success or heading that way. You just don't have the info to make that comment.. or do you? Plus it has only recently been released so in one week you can't call it a success or failure. Their other DLC must have done something for them for them to consider creating more. A company shouldn't need to pander after a 'veteran community', they should look after and cater for a community as a whole. Older players will always have a better lead than newer players anyway. I don't believe customers are having money squeezed out of them. They are being given an offer and it is their decision whether they want to purchase it or not. Yodo surely have to have an income to maintain the game?

Advertisements: These can create word of mouth and endorsement. Big successful companies wouldn't pay hundreds of thousands on media and advertisement if word of mouth was all it takes. I've played a lot of great games that just disappeared because no one really knew about it.

Pay to win: What do people class as winning in this game? Being number one in tournaments? Having every card? Having every achievement? Collecting all the gold cards? Collecting all the alt cards? If pay to win is having every card, then this game has always been pay to win from day one, as potentially you could just keep buying packs indefinitely until you achieve your goal? Yet a DLC (albeit a hefty legendary DLC) scares people haha. One other thing on this. Nearly every game i've played on Steam and elsewhere, that uses DLC, has lots of reviews complaining that it is pay to win. Even the ones that just have cosmetic DLC. I don't even register seeing these reviews anymore, it's standard everywhere you go. It's like 'Don't play this game - PAY TO WIN', and I just immediately register it as - This player got his ass kicked or the game isn't his style and moved on but wanted to be a jerk and leave a lame review as he/she closed the door.

Communication: This is the one thing I agree with you about. Every successful game creates a buzz by dishing out news and teasers. A weekly update from a CM isn't even enough. succesful games are dishing out something of interest nearly every day on facebook, twitter, youtube, instagram, Steam, their own forums etc etc. Even if it's just a small compo to win something small in return. It keeps things spiced up. Maybe Devs could do this with draft tokens, i.e instagram compo send us a pic of your dog, the one that looks most like spawn gets a draft token! Interviews news and comments from a different Dev each week about what they are doing. This should definitely be happening even if it is bad news, like they are struggling with something, at least we would know what is going on.

Anyway so far i'm loving this game.

Offline keyranaway

• View Profile
+1 to ori
I love this game but there are many things that stop me playing.

Offline sogeking

• View Profile
+1 to OneTwo.This dlc means nothing for vets.Most of them already has gold version of this legs and epics.The value of normal legs decreased after draft changes.Dlcs are only way to earn money for iw now.I cant blame them.Pelagoth thinking they will run away but we saw much much worse then this.We got no update for four months.Yeah next set wont be any time soon.But old cards and ranked algorithm  will get some changes and  more will follow them.i am not saying everything will be perfect.But it isnt going to die soon.

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
I'd like to jump in on what Orisolve said. +1 btw

Coco992 said it best, "I do love IW, I just felt IW didn't love me anymore."
I feel the same way.

Those that know me, know that in february this year I came out of nowhere and immediately bombed the forum with extreme optimism, walls of text about how to improve the Quality of communication and suggestions on improving the game. I have been working on a huge rift run Tier list and been actively supporting and helping with different projects simultaneously.

Later on I have, alongside Largenuggets, been starting to stream the game on twitch to entertain some IW fans and myself, but also been trying to advertise the game to the public, so random People that joined the stream, saw how much fun it can be (if I wasn't salty at that time), even doing a 24-hour stream.

Not only did I get little to no support from the devs/cm in all my projects, nor did any of them actually listen to suggestions made. Idc if my suggestions sucked and couldn't be implemented, but post-Launch the devs/cm just have completely abandoned their playerbase. Ofcourse this may happen, but the way it happened and how they still tried to "sell" us their dlcs amongst other puffy with false dlc promises (talking about the xp/ip boosting typo) and not having the Courage to apologize publicly without having us push and beg for an apology, just showed me how horrible they have been in communication.

That accompanied by a CM who has completely lost his mind and insulted vets (although I think he apologized) and even told some players to go play a different game, was just too much.

They didn't only puffy up once or twice. I don't have enough fingers to count their major puffyups along the way, excluding all the minor puffyups.

I have gone from sunshine, rainbows and unicorns to eternal saltmine digging.

Golden Rule: Treat someone the way you want to be treated back. (if they hadn't abandoned us, then maybe we wouldn't abandon them now)

The people leaving the poor reviews are either truthful new players, or players who have once loved the game  but have been disrespected by the actions of its developers and feel they are providing a service to society by preventing new players from investing emotionally or even financially into a game that will break their heart. You can't simply ask these players or non-players to just leave and shut up, they are doing something they believe is morally right.
This is a very truthful Statement.

I have convinced a friend to buy the martyr dlc a while back and even kept trying to get my other friends to try the campaign and tell them how IW is finally getting puffy done after all that time.

That was before they puffyed up.

Now I am sincerely telling all my friends to not try this game. I also want to write my review on steam finally and it's gonna be a very negative one, but I havn't found the time to do so yet. This is not me trying to get the game back on track, I feel that ship sailed off a long time ago (a few weeks after relaunch).
This is my trying to warn people to save their money and time when playing the game.

I have done that too with World of Warcraft a few months after played Warlords of Draenor, cause that Expansion was extremely horrible and very harmful to the social aspects of the game.
Now with WoW Legion I actively recommend the game to friends again, as they have fixed a lot of bad stuff and made it great again.

You players who are defending the actions of the developers and telling negative reviewers to shut up are worse than the ones leaving the negative review. You are intentionally trying to deceive new players into investing in the game.
It sounds very harsh, but again, this is true. You guys are trying to start a propaganda. Silencing disappointed people is generally a cowardish and harmful thing to do, especially if word spreads.

Those that played Roller Coaster Tycoon, know that if you threw unhappy customers into the water and let them drown, you would get rid of the unhappy customer problem quickly, but the reputation of your park sank faster than you could press pause.

Offline Chapmandu

• View Profile
I'd like to jump in on what Orisolve said. +1 btw

Coco992 said it best, "I do love IW, I just felt IW didn't love me anymore."
I feel the same way.

Then don't play IW anymore?

It's a hard pill to swallow but we need to accept that IW is Lightmare's game and they can do what they want with it. They are under no obligation to do what we say, no matter how angrily or forcibly we say it.

Ultimately you can either accept IW for what is is and play the game, or you can move on. Getting angry or frustrated on the forums doesn't change anything, as the saying goes; “Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.”

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:43:06 PM by Chapmandu »
We fight for the users!

Offline antideath

• View Profile
well until they actually Phase out cards...our collections have lost value everyday,
when they planned phasing out cards and even the base set was going to be redone,

without that its really not as "collectible" as players would like (at least me)
having the first base set when only the new set would be avail would have really been a boon to the game. if they continued to phase out older cards.

If they are not phasing them out, they are worth less as more just keep being looted in packs.

I dont expect IW to take any players suggestions or be obilgated to help streamers ect.., but i really am confused as to why phasing out older sets was not part of yodo's vision .... thats one thing that all players i would think would like.

Offline IguanaMan

• View Profile
Golden Rule: Treat someone the way you want to be treated back.
So, when has Lightmare gone around the forums posting negative crap about you?  :P

If you follow this rule then abandon the game, or don't.  All people are asking is that you stop posting negative comments up in here.  Yes, the game is in a weird state but posting negative comments just makes things worse.  If you really feel that strongly about it, email them.

Yes YM don't seem to be taking on many suggestions, so stop making them.  It's not an excuse to go full 360 and complain all the time.

Stay positive, maybe the game dies or it doesn't - in the meantime I think it's only fair to give YM time.
"Seriously if we don't bug hunt they might end up a new faction!" - Junker99

Offline Coco992

• View Profile
I don't get it, why are you protesting against players that make comment on a game? A game is a product, a product where people invested money in exchange of a result. If they feel like they were mislead or tricked or even disappointed by this investment, they have the right to write their thoughts and impressions of it. And they are doing it on the official forum of this product, the perfect place for it. Under the developer sub forum.

Freedom of speech?

Besides, I don't think this is bashing, most of the points on this topics has arguments to explain their (negative) feedback. You can agree or disagree, and then explain your points on the subject, but you can't ask clients to shut up or just leave. You can't discard the opinions of others because you disagree with them, even more when those opinions are related to feelings towards a subject.

You are saying that negative reviews make the new players leave? It is true. But is the fault of the reviews or the product? If I read a review and it says valid points with arguments, negative or positive, how is that bad? A "bad" review could be a positive one with false advertising.

And, why is this turning players against players? Where are the devs to calm the game? To explain? To justify what is happening so we won't make crazy hypothesises?

I am sorry if some one feel assaulted by this, this is not my intention. I just feel insulted and back to te 12th century when the concept of reviews are commented rather than the opinions inside them.