Author Topic: Make Infinity Wars Toxic Again (Mill finally becomes a true mill deck)  (Read 1142 times)

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
I don't know whether this is going to be the most cancer deck this set but it should be up there. Go enjoy being a jerk.

http://i.imgur.com/xNp8mtR.png
http://imgur.com/5AaOSGm

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Re: Make Infinity Wars Toxic Again (Mill finally becomes a true mill deck)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 08:41:06 PM »
Looks hilarious - I feel like there are still some optimizations that could be made to make it even less fun to play against still, but all in all good job.

Lol.

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 08:45:09 PM »
Looks hilarious - I feel like there are still some optimizations that could be made to make it even less fun to play against still, but all in all good job.

Lol.
Yeah I only made it today so its still not optimized. It probably loses to omnitron too but it should be gloriously unfun for any other deck.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 01:29:56 AM »
Did you know you can upload multiple images into a single album on Imgur? Just a tip to save time for you and viewers.

Thanks for sharing this idea.

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 12:29:28 PM »
Spirit of the ancient guardians is needed to deal with autumn dragon and the like, take out heat wave or something.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 01:46:04 PM »
Martyr of life ramp still kinda beats this. Cant damage aunissalled 32/32's, titan of new worlds and autumn dragons all played in one turn to death

Offline largenuggets [BoD]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 01:52:32 PM »
I ran a version of this deck in the tourney on saturday, it's pretty strong and probably obnoxious as hell to play against, but it isn't as op as it looks. Also you forgot peaceful garden, that card wrecks a lot of creature based decks.

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 02:58:30 PM »
I ran a version of this deck in the tourney on saturday, it's pretty strong and probably obnoxious as hell to play against, but it isn't as op as it looks. Also you forgot peaceful garden, that card wrecks a lot of creature based decks.
Peaceful garden? This deck needs to run contained parallel rift and peaceful garden is a location. If you were running cards like that then I am not surprised you didn't get good results with it.

I just discovered that this deck actually has a good matchup vs the bigantor deck, thats something I didn't expect. Winning with a stolen omnitron is funny. The real problem is martyr of life for this deck.

I have to stress how important contained parallel rift is for a mill deck because people are apparently unaware but not drawing it reduces your chances of winning by quite a lot.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 04:19:29 PM by InvertedEye »

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 06:15:46 PM »
I have to stress how important contained parallel rift is for a mill deck because people are apparently unaware but not drawing it reduces your chances of winning by quite a lot.

It's important to note that rift has historically made rainbow mill easier to play against in the late game. Due to mills lack of proactive plays it's vulnerable to the opponent holding back characters and then spamming them together late game. This gave WP and GI a win condition that could otherwise be prevented. If you don't have rift you can save up your removal cards and calamity. You can then chain calamities with ritualists.

So while rift does allow you to constantly spam removal, it's much easier for an intelligent player to play around.

I still like rift at the moment, because mill has 'proactive' plays now with both pain stone and acquire. But your statement of "reduces your chances of winning by quite a lot" is quite overexaggerated.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 06:34:11 PM by Interesting_Socks »

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 08:38:38 PM »
In my opinion, Contained Parallel Rift is integral in this type of deck. There's no room for Peaceful Garden. This card with Acquire & Demonic Disciple Token Generator gives you all the cards you could possibly need every single turn, without getting dead draws. This card is absolutely crucial if you run it with Demonic Presence.

Genesis counters this deck fairly well, especially if you run Martyr Golems. Overall I hate this deck, it is toxic (Still not as toxic as Taiga & Splitter Robot though) and can now rightfully be called a "Mill" deck.  ;D
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 08:44:37 AM »
Oh well deck is dead now. Even though I made this deck specifically to call attention to pain stone I am sad I will no longer get to play this obnoxious deck. RIP

Offline theillusionist

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 12:06:54 PM »
any replacement for the painstone? :3

Offline InvertedEye

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 05:24:47 PM »
any replacement for the painstone? :3
Haha someone is trying to make this deck work without pain stone. The deck can still sort of work without pain stone against flame dawn but its auto lose vs genesis, warpath and other midrangey decks like that. I recommend 2cov dod or 2soa cov for your acquire mill deck.

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 09:54:46 PM »
2COV 1SOA is also quite potent, I recently milled out an Omnomnomnitron deck with it.