Author Topic: Rebellion Images  (Read 4079 times)

Offline a_zeal

• View Profile
Re: Rebellion Images
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 11:52:32 AM »
yeah not a fan of the DoD cards. I don't see much of value and on top of that, loads more cards that can neutralise avatars have popped up, which sadly are the only cards that make DoD competative in ranked.

I think this set is just going to consolidate the verore/genesis/dawn domination of ranked that we have seen for some time.

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 03:15:17 PM »
I mean, Marina can get things out in so many decks.

2 Cov gets an immensely powerful sac combo with a ton of late game characters. Even 1 Cov splash in something like Warpath can run this engine. Or, better yet, 1 Exiles splash.

If anyone thinks that Marina is weak or just a worse undead corruption then I don't think they've fully read the card text or thought too much about the combos.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 03:46:38 PM »
WARNING: ALL SPOILERS SUBJECT TO CHANGE ON RELEASE.

I found variations of certain cards on that very same day. Here's Marina since she is being discussed quite extensively.

(Second image found later in the day)

And once again, my brothers and sisters of IW, I ask you to stand with me in bringing down Genesis & Flame Dawn. The Descendants of the Dragons shall not be nerfed unjustly!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 03:49:24 PM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 04:28:20 PM »
If anyone thinks that Marina is weak or just a worse undead corruption then I don't think they've fully read the card text or thought too much about the combos.

...or they just assume that "dies" =/= "is sacrificed".

Your assumption about Marina being a strong card is just as good as mine about her being a weak one, until we test it on the field and find out how it really works,  and btw "reading the card text" in IW means puffy, as there is still no definite semantics for card texts.

Offline keyranaway

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 05:47:10 PM »
Still don't understand what happened to Marina.
A 'selfless' person unconditionally protecting everyone makes sense.
But ignoring everyone in need and then eventually brain washing someone? dafuq ???

If the old form needed balancing fair enough but where did the character stealing come from?

That idea came from Ian's butthole.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 09:40:07 PM »
So if Marina and Cassial are both selfless, who's selfish?
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 09:58:54 PM »
So if Marina and Cassial are both selfless, who's selfish?

Tygrugh.

Offline tmoua805

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2016, 11:19:47 PM »
yeah not a fan of the DoD cards. I don't see much of value and on top of that, loads more cards that can neutralise avatars have popped up, which sadly are the only cards that make DoD competative in ranked.

I think this set is just going to consolidate the verore/genesis/dawn domination of ranked that we have seen for some time.

I agree. In my opinion DOD needs more vigilance. Right now they have very slow character presence in the battlefield. At least they gave dod some pressure tools in this set i guess.

Offline Equastro

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2016, 11:31:42 PM »
Sure, DoD is not yet where it may need to be but imo you guys need to seriously stop complaining about all the rebellion DoD cards. There's other factions that may need a little more love instead.

And you did get the impervious. One of the best DoD cards ever.

Offline Rawonall

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2016, 02:56:39 AM »

...or they just assume that "dies" =/= "is sacrificed".

Your assumption about Marina being a strong card is just as good as mine about her being a weak one, until we test it on the field and find out how it really works,  and btw "reading the card text" in IW means puffy, as there is still no definite semantics for card texts.

So, tested her!

Turns out she indeed works with sacrifice effects, but, PLOT TWIST, she can't target characters in  command zone!
Verdict: she is definitely a poor version of Undead Corruption.